eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Why Hasnt There Been a Dominant Competitor To Ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/82562-why-hasnt-there-been-dominant-competitor-ebay.html)

Restriction 02-05-2015 07:20 PM

Why Hasnt There Been a Dominant Competitor To Ebay?

Always wondered this. In every sector, you have at least Two major brands dominating e.g. Apple/Samsung, BurgerKing/Mcdonalds, Honda/Toyota, Paypal/Stramline/Nochex Even some countries can fund it .e.t.c. BUT

How come Ebay has no real competition?

There are so many conglomerates that can either start up a pararell system that could do the same thing e.g. Im sure Apple or Google can do it.

i mean since Ebays model is just sitting on the fence and siding with the buyer regardless, its an absolute money spinner

Thoughts

Rambo3 02-05-2015 10:14 PM

Re: Why Hasnt There Been a Dominant Competitor To Ebay?

Amazon?
Ebay hasn't been an "auction" site for a whil . They've become wanna be big box retailers.

pokerpro 02-06-2015 12:38 AM

That's not exactly true......I sell 2500 items a year, ALL auctions, no BIN.

And I think the reason that there is no serious competition to eBay is really elementary. None of the people who have enough money know how bad eBays seller hate eBay, and they would all jump ship like rats (including me).

big tymer 02-06-2015 01:40 AM

I think a lot of competitors think auctions are dead, even though they are not. for years ebay has been trying to kill the small auction seller and move their business model more towards amazon style. you get these guys coming out of graduate school who never sold on ebay getting jobs at ebay and other big online merchants saying auctions are dead, no one wants to wait 7 days to see if they won an auction, people want their item the same day, and other crap like that. they are not independent thinkers, they think well if ebay is getting away from auctions then it must not be worth it.

the thing is for many products, auctions are probably the best way to sell them.

GreenBean 02-06-2015 02:21 AM

Yahoo

:rip:

secret storm 02-06-2015 02:52 AM

Amazon is a dominant competitor to Ebay.

I just wish there was one more to give Ebay a run for there money so they wouldn't be so strict on fees or accounts.

RosieTosie 02-06-2015 03:29 AM

Looking like they are to sell up anyway, with AliBaba or Amazon tipped as the most likely buyers, wth Paypal probably included in that sell up in one way or another

Bunneh 02-06-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 639242)
Looking like they are to sell up anyway, with AliBaba or Amazon tipped as the most likely buyers, wth Paypal probably included in that sell up in one way or another

Who said they are selling up?

Ebay and paypal are splitting from each other, it doesn't mean ebay is for sale..or going on sale.

RosieTosie 02-06-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 639306)
Who said they are selling up?

Ebay and paypal are splitting from each other, it doesn't mean ebay is for sale..or going on sale.

Recent reports links to which have been posted on here Bunneh are talking about this very thing, maybe you missed them.

Bunneh 02-06-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 639307)
Recent reports links to which have been posted on here Bunneh are talking about this very thing, maybe you missed them.

Are you talking about the thread you misread the other day where they were making staff redundant ?

rsot 02-06-2015 11:10 AM

I believe in you Restriction if you would like to set up a competitor system :d...capital ventures can be found!

ebabe 02-06-2015 11:51 AM

Amazon

Next would probably be ubid?

But Ebay is still King, and will be for a long time to come

SilentHill 02-06-2015 02:06 PM

because people like you only talk about it. GO MAKE A BETTER SITE betcha you wont! :fight:

jak 02-06-2015 06:46 PM

amazon, aliexress etc ..

GreenBean 02-06-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 639307)

Quote the links for me, Hun.

I must have been in a time warp.

Maybe not. rsot still hitting on users with prattle.

:pound:

RosieTosie 02-07-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 639515)

Can't find those links Greenie, typical eh, when you really want to find something you never can!!!

Bunneh 02-07-2015 07:58 AM

I think hell will freeze over before ebay goes on sale lol..:pound:

Here is the thread i am talking about..

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...un-paypal.html

rsot 02-07-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 639515)

Keep me outta dis 1 pls mdm

hulkman 02-07-2015 02:07 PM

Because the sellers go where the buyers are and the buyers go where the sellers are.

10-15 years ago someone would have been able to compete, today it would be very difficult.

If I'm selling an item, I'm going to want to go where I can get the most bidders. The only company who I can see competing with them and Amazon is Alibaba. They have the means to do it and they know the business.

taerese 03-17-2015 09:37 PM

Aspkin would be ebay biggest competitor if it create its own auction site, give all members of this forum free stock (equity) to join and send or provide at least 50 contacts of pple who bought items from them on ebay, for email marketing.

Trust me, it will quickly go viral and can be an overnight success if everyone promote it at least once a week

rsot 03-17-2015 10:30 PM

Takes a lot of resources to operate the auction site

secret storm 03-18-2015 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taerese (Post 651331)
Aspkin would be ebay biggest competitor if it create its own auction site, give all members of this forum free stock (equity) to join and send or provide at least 50 contacts of pple who bought items from them on ebay, for email marketing.

Trust me, it will quickly go viral and can be an overnight success if everyone promote it at least once a week

LOL i cant tell if your joking or if your serious but if there was such an auction site sponsored by aspkins forums and it really was a huge hit and success im sure Ebay employees would be making stealth accounts on aspkins auction site and wreaking havoc for us making so many stealth accounts on Ebay.