Anyone ship using parcel2go please advise - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-20-2015

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 70%
Default Anyone ship using parcel2go please advise

For anyone that uses the third party company parcel2go website,

For proof of delivery, such as signature and postcode, you must be logged into the account to see it, so how would ebay be able to see the postcode or signature? Anyone here use Parcel2go and ever had to prove that your parcel was delivered, what was the procedure?

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Anyone ship using parcel2go please advise

Hi, I had to do this once upon a time but can't remember the exact procedure. What I can remember was adding the tracking number to the eBay sold item manually once its been posted. Then once a claim was filed by the buyer I logged into P2go and viewed the signature online, then used the screenshot print screen key on the keyboard and sent a detailed response to the seller, EB and PP.

It was decided in my favour, however I must stress this was done on my original EB acc which was NOT a stealth.
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Did you have to make a snapshot of your postcode? or just the buyers postcode and the tracking details.

because the postcode on my parcel2go is different then whats on my stealth ebay account
Old 02-20-2015

Hi,

That's the question I can't help with I'm afraid. As all my details were original and legit. That was approx 4 months ago. But that acc has now gone kaput!

I have not yet had to do this for a stealth acc so I couldn't say what the best option would be. Perhaps if you hold on, someone with experience of doing this on their stealth may have an idea.

For my stealth this is how I go about refunds. Thankfully my items are low cost I would rather offer a free replacement or eventually a refund if the customer asks. The low cost of the item does not warrant my stealth being flagged with complaints, negative feedback or returns. I would rather take a small hit that risk the stealth acc.

I take it your item(s) in question are not low cost and you are wanting proceed with providing proof of delivery.
Old 02-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I use it loads and if people require tracking informaton I provide them the tracking information via message and never submit it to eBay, because it's my real address and if they were to check the "shipping from" side of the parcel, then I'd be busted.
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Well you can change the look of the screenshot by changing the ''inspect element'' in firefox..

Most of my items sell for an average of £25.00 each

Not cheap, but not really expensive either
Old 02-20-2015

Longevity: 59%

Your all doing it wrong.

You can find the "real" tracking number in your parcel2go account, then upload the correct tracking number to ebay, that they pull direct from UPS, Yodel, TNT etc.

Sending a customer a P2G tracking number is quite unprofessional imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueuk For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes, the Parcel number, (hermes in my case) on the hermes tracking page, but it does not include the postcode, for cases where no signature is purchased then the least ebay needs is a tracking number that shows postcode or town, in my case on parcel2go it shows the postcode, (when logged into my account) on the Hermes tracking page it does not show the buyers postcode or town.
Old 02-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
Yes, the Parcel number, (hermes in my case) on the hermes tracking page, but it does not include the postcode, for cases where no signature is purchased then the least ebay needs is a tracking number that shows postcode or town, in my case on parcel2go it shows the postcode, (when logged into my account) on the Hermes tracking page it does not show the buyers postcode or town.
Are you talking about wanting the postcode to show the area ONCE it is signed for?

My hermes is rubbish for tracking details.
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Are you talking about wanting the postcode to show the area ONCE it is signed for?

My hermes is rubbish for tracking details.
no, lets say I dont include signature in the shipping,then the buyer opens a case saying they never got the item, and the tracking shows delivered, ebay still want to see the buyers postcode with the tracking, and hermes tracking does not show it ,

but in parcel2go it does show the postcode in tracking, but you must be signed in first.

Any third party websites that will shows the postcode with the tracking, WITHOUT being signed into the account?
Old 02-20-2015

Longevity: 56%

eBay and paypal always want a signature. Trying to save yourself a £1 by not opting for it is asking for trouble.

I use Hermes for low price items, and UPS through Parcel 2 Go for higher value and quicker delivery items.

the only problem with Hermes I have found is that they do not keep delivery details and signatures after a month since delivery. So as i found, someone opens a paypal dispute three months down the line, you are screwed.
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
ebabe (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015

When you click on the order once logged into P2go and open the details, does it not give you a second tracking id which is the myhermes tracking id. If so, use this second tracking id and go to the myhermes site, click on the 'track a parcel' and it should bring up your parcel details.

If its been signed for it should show on my hermes. You can also use the myhermes online chat and so long as you have a hermes tracking id they should be able to bring up the details.

The hermes site will not be able to find anything if you use the "P2G2*******" number. You need the myhermes number.

Hope this makes sense. Although the last time I did this was a few months back.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozboz For This Useful Post:
ebabe (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes, gives the Parcel number for myhermes,

And yes, hermes does have chat support, but like you said, only if you went through them, not Parcel2go. Currently im adding a signature to all my orders, so its required. I just wanted to lower the cost of shipping , but it looks like the safest bet is to keep it as a requirement.

''the only problem with Hermes I have found is that they do not keep delivery details and signatures after a month since delivery. So as i found, someone opens a paypal dispute three months down the line, you are screwed. ''

I thought ebay buyers only had 45 days to open a case with PP? Think it was reduced to 30 days now?
Old 02-22-2015

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboz View Post
When you click on the order once logged into P2go and open the details, does it not give you a second tracking id which is the myhermes tracking id. If so, use this second tracking id and go to the myhermes site, click on the 'track a parcel' and it should bring up your parcel details.

If its been signed for it should show on my hermes. You can also use the myhermes online chat and so long as you have a hermes tracking id they should be able to bring up the details.

The hermes site will not be able to find anything if you use the "P2G2*******" number. You need the myhermes number.
I've looked for the myhermes number on the Parcel2go website with no luck. Where is it please?
Old 02-22-2015
Threadstarter  

First track the package by going on parcel to go tracking, put the P2G tracking number in, you will then see it on the bottom left side , under Delivery History, highlighted in blue, it will say parcel number

Or go into your account,click on one of your orders, then click print label and docs, the hermes tracking number (aka parcel or barcode number) will be under the barcode. Its a long 16 digit number
The Following User Says Thank You to ebabe For This Useful Post:
luverlyjuberly (02-24-2015)
Old 02-23-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
I thought ebay buyers only had 45 days to open a case with PP? Think it was reduced to 30 days now?
Paypal limit is 180 days for a case.

Ebay limit is 30 days from last estimated delivery time.
Old 02-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Paypal limit is 180 days for a case.

Ebay limit is 30 days from last estimated delivery time.
So after 30 days if the buyer decides to make a fuss, they can go through PP and try to get a refund? Or does the 180 days apply only to non ebay items, like a product purchased on a website

Is it for New items only?

Last edited by ebabe; 02-23-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
eBay and paypal always want a signature. Trying to save yourself a £1 by not opting for it is asking for trouble.
I may have this out to my cost this week. A parcel has gone missing after being placed in a safe place - a place chosen by the deliverer when he arrived at the house. The buyer is claiming he cannot find the parcel.
Whether he is telling the truth or the item has been nicked I'll never know, I've looked at his address on google earth and I can see his bins and they are overlooked by neighbour's and passers-by.
Old 03-03-2015

Today i received a message from hermes stating that they can't deliver a parcel because the address is an army garrison who won't receive it due to security reasons. To have it delivered to another address OR returned to me it will cost me another £4.00. So I pay £4.00 because THEY can't deliver it.

Edit: I've just noticed that hermes are costing less for delivery than Parccal2go.com charge at the moment.

With a signature and compensation you are only paying about 20p less than the Post Office charge. So I'll be sticking with P.O. where possible from now on.

Last edited by luverlyjuberly; 03-03-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2017

Longevity: 56%

Anyone linked multiple accounts through one parcel 2 go account? Would this link?