eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay listing removed for copyright after it is sold (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/83128-ebay-listing-removed-copyright-after-sold.html)

madpes 02-20-2015 02:57 PM

eBay listing removed for copyright after it is sold

So i sold an item on eBay and a day after eBay sends me an email saying they removed my listing for copyright. Do you guys think I will still receive my funds?

JamesNorth101 02-20-2015 03:14 PM

Re: eBay listing removed for copyright after it is sold

That depends if the buyer has paid or not. If they have paid then yes you should get your funds. You may want to drop them a message to explain the situation though

littleredengine07 02-20-2015 04:19 PM

I would stay away from anything that involves copyright it always brings trouble. Music and literature that electronic always tends to be more of headache. eBay really has an hard on for anything that VERO. If the person paid you can ship it out. Although I would limit myself what you sold. Your on eBay's radar at this point.

applebaum 02-22-2015 10:25 AM

Check your paypal. Did you ship the item?

rsot 02-22-2015 11:07 AM

If eb has removed the listing, the buyer has likely received an e-mail saying NOT to proceed with the transaction. If he has not paid, you can expect not to be paid....if he has paid, he COULD make a claim against you and cause a headache.

Up to you to proceed based on what the buyer has done at this point...

bluestraps 03-13-2015 12:09 AM

NOt all items are VERO. Some things Like tv shows that aren't released on dvd or are lost to tv burial ground . How about videos like bootleg videos.

pokerpro 03-13-2015 10:47 AM

99% of the time, when a listing of mine has been removed after the auction and the buy has NOT yet paid they don't pay.......that e-mail they get from eBay totally freaks them out and I never hear from them.......but you can always hope.

jeffweico 03-13-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraps (Post 649743)
NOt all items are VERO. Some things Like tv shows that aren't released on dvd or are lost to tv burial ground . How about videos like bootleg videos.

There is a common misconception that if an old made-for-tv movie was never released on DVD then it is OK to copy and sell it, but that is not true. eBay MAY remove such listings.

Granted, the owner of a copyright on an old cheesy movie is not likely to come after you, but the copyright protection STILL applies.

This can cause a problem with eBay if someone notices the listing OR if your customer complains they received a burned copy of a movie. eBay's policy on burned DVD's is they are not allowed unless YOU own the copyright on it.

People do this, of course, but I wouldn't ESPECIALLY on a new account.

unkown5454 03-13-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraps (Post 649743)

Oh yea...so when does a protected work just completely lose all of its rights?

Whatever random date you pull out of your a$$? I had no idea we could make our own laws. Incredible.

solefoodbk 03-13-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleredengine07 (Post 644293)
I would stay away from anything that involves copyright it always brings trouble. Music and literature that electronic always tends to be more of headache. eBay really has an hard on for anything that VERO. If the person paid you can ship it out. Although I would limit myself what you sold. Your on eBay's radar at this point.

Almost everything sold is copyrighted, unless you created it and or have a license to resell it.

unkown5454 03-13-2015 10:54 PM

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ15a.pdf

Duration of Cop.yright laws.

SilentHill 03-13-2015 11:01 PM

everything you guys sell is copyright unless you made it POINT BLANK PERIOD.

some may be hotter than others.

BUT THEY ARE ALL COPYRIGHT.