eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Heads up advice to the community. Never leave a feedback (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/83733-heads-up-advice-community-never-leave-feedback.html)

Athletichunta 03-10-2015 07:13 PM

Heads up advice to the community. Never leave a feedback

This is because buyers are picky and now where a 3 star rating can count as a defect on any of the DSR can now count as a defect you don't want to encourage buyers to even leave one. Good advice. However on brand new account leaving feedback can encourage a limit raise. I have seen this first hand. This of course is good aswell for starting accounts because you want at least some feedback to raise limits in general.

vogeltron 03-11-2015 04:11 AM

Re: Heads up advice to the community. Never leave a feedback

Basically I leave feedback after a buyer has left it for me. You are right in a sense I don't encourage buyers to leave me feedback. If they are satisfied they will do it on my end. Sometimes when it is 45 days past sales date I will leave feedback because sometimes I like to troll feedback if I get a funny question.

oompaloompa 03-11-2015 04:49 AM

if you sell alot of stuff and on different ccs, that you rotate, you forget to leave fb anyway....unless you opt for auto fb.

Dmshark25 03-11-2015 05:27 AM

I just leave it when I print the postage, I don't send any notes asking or emails asking for feedback, but when I first started I used to wait and their are some buyers that got angry saying they purchased and paid me right away and were upset I have not left feedback

That was over 2 years ago but it stuck in my head so now I just leave it right away and than never ask

This new system had been working really well for me, I have accounts with over 400 transactions and 0 defects and on average will get 1 defect for every 150 sales so my defect percentage is always at Trs percentage across all my accounts

On Paper I thought I'd hate this system but it actually works for me a lot better than the last

epimetheus039 03-11-2015 08:00 AM

in shipstation you can set to leave feedback right after you send the item, which is good. In case your buyer leaves negative the most you can do is report them to ebay but that as I read somewhere will just bring manual review of your account.

jeffweico 03-11-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 649196)
I just leave it when I print the postage, I don't send any notes asking or emails asking for feedback, but when I first started I used to wait and their are some buyers that got angry saying they purchased and paid me right away and were upset I have not left feedback

That was over 2 years ago but it stuck in my head so now I just leave it right away and than never ask

This new system had been working really well for me, I have accounts with over 400 transactions and 0 defects and on average will get 1 defect for every 150 sales so my defect percentage is always at Trs percentage across all my accounts

On Paper I thought I'd hate this system but it actually works for me a lot better than the last

I agree. I do the same thing. In fact, I have it set in ShipStation to automatically leave feedback. In my experience, the buyers who have a problem are going to leave you bad feedback anyway.

But I also did not know that 3 out of 5 stars is now considered a problem by eBay. To my way of thinking 3 stars would be for an average transaction with no problems. 4 stars would be for a good transaction and fast shipping and 5 stars would be when the seller goes above and beyond.

Of course, I always leave 5 stars when buying because I know how eBay is.

rsot 03-11-2015 10:09 AM

I prefer that buyer leaves feedback before shipper does in general for my operations

wtfebay 03-11-2015 12:16 PM

I dont leave feedback until the buyer does.

Haidukken 03-11-2015 01:35 PM

After I've printed all the shiping labels I just select all of those sales and add feedback, archive this **** and move on.
easy.

Kajunrook 03-11-2015 03:09 PM

It doesn't matter if you are selling. YOU CANNOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK on a buyer. They can "$hit" all over you but you cannot leave negative feedback. You can report them but squat happens.

bjammin 03-11-2015 04:51 PM

On my real accounts, I will leave feedback after I print all the labels. On my stealths, I do not leave feedback until feedback is received, unless it has been like 30-60 days. Although we cannot leave neg fb for a buyer, not all buyers know that, which is still to our advantage....sometimes.

bluestraps 03-12-2015 11:35 PM

This is right up my alley. I have about 53 transactions and 21 feedbacks, well 22 before a buyer left negative feedback without contacting me first to fix the problem. I made a mistake and switched two items around.. He left me 1 star for item as described. and 3 for communication ( WTF ) He never even communicated with me . Correct feedbacks are how you get your limit raised. Mine is at a level high enough where ill never meet that per month.

I have been emailing all my buyers just once , Each one not leaving feedback but only after a month or longer,because remember ebay sends a reminder after a month.

This I think is brilliant, However. What if your feedback is low Are people going to buy from you. What if you receive a bad dsr or two. ? You don't have any other feedback to offset the Low DSR.

thready 03-13-2015 01:18 AM

automation is god send when you have a lot of orders.

Artann 03-13-2015 03:07 PM

dON'T leave any feedback at all unless buyer requests it and they do :)

joesshooze 03-14-2015 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=wtfebay;649272]I dont leave feedback until the buyer does.[/QUOTE

I do it this way too.

joesshooze 03-14-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 649272)
I dont leave feedback until the buyer does.

I do it this way too.

Hercules 03-14-2015 07:14 AM

It's not good to leave feedback if you have turd competitors
When you leave a FB your full name is show on your buyers FB list.
Then the competition messages the buyer that you are a bad person....

Artann 03-14-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 650158)
It's not good to leave feedback if you have turd competitors
When you leave a FB your full name is show on your buyers FB list.
Then the competition messages the buyer that you are a bad person....

This is some hard core competition :attention:

Dmshark25 03-14-2015 06:19 PM

I just leave it right away after I print postage, some buyers get mad that they paid and didn't get feedback, so now I just avoid all that and give it

I never send any notes asking for feedback , Id rather get none than have a buyer leave a positive with a low DSR and get a defect

But with eBay I feel most buyers leave feedback , I have a large percentage always leaving feedback , for instance on one account there is 226 transactions and 175 feedbacks

The one thing hate and you can't change, at least I have not found a way is that eBay automatically sends every buyer an automated message 30 days after every transaction asking them to leave feedback and gives them a link

It's the worst if you get a defect a month later and I know it's directly related to that email with an easy link for buyers to leave a feedback

SilentHill 03-14-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 649192)
if you sell alot of stuff and on different ccs, that you rotate, you forget to leave fb anyway....unless you opt for auto fb.

how do you auto feedback?

Dmshark25 03-14-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 650360)
how do you auto feedback?

If you are logged in under my eBay go into Applications , there are services that will automatically leave feedback for you

You set the parameters, you can say leave feedback as soon as they pay or leave feedback after they give it to you and so on

They are I think $1.99 a month something like that

dallis 03-16-2015 08:16 PM

No buyer feedback = positive feedback and all 4 Stars ib DSR's.

Feedback is counted by total transactions versus negs, DSR's by total transactions versus 1, 2 & 3 DSR's.

Anything that encourages the buyer to leave feedback increases your chances of getting something other than a 4 star rating.

Buyers who get feedback tend to leave feedback in return.

If no feedback = perfection, why take any risks by encouraging feedback?

I only give feedback if the buyer requests it. If they ask why, I apologize and tell them I am busy with family and work, and then give them the most glowing response I can.

I've tried automating it on some accounts, and ignoring it on others, and all things being equal the no feedback accounts have overall better ratings. :)