eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Question for the experts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/83801-question-experts.html)

SilentHill 03-12-2015 04:09 PM

Question for the experts

Does eb make there own stealths? to try to catch people.

I've had a situation.

blueuk 03-12-2015 04:44 PM

Re: Question for the experts

How would ebay make a stealth?

RosieTosie 03-12-2015 04:51 PM

Some of their reps are known to have accounts.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 05:05 PM

long story. Ive had them purchase from me. from a brand new made account. They even made the purchase. But they are stressing for a refund.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 05:08 PM

they have done this in in a couple more occasions all this week, They are even going as far as contacting an old stealth account asking for a refund on a order that wasn't made from that old account.

Anybody had this happen to them??

Haidukken 03-12-2015 05:54 PM

This is some paranormal kind of stuff. What have you eaten in last 4 days, if you don't mind me asking?

:spy:

bjammin 03-12-2015 06:09 PM

I am sorry, but I agree. Why would they have to create a stealth to get a refund? Unless there is more, this sounds too far fetched.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 06:27 PM

They even delete the the listing so I can't go back and check the ebay user id.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 06:31 PM

Like I said they bought the item. I'm not sure if eb has funds for this type of activity.

After purchase from one of my stealth A they copy and paste the purchase email and sent it to another stealth account B ( old ) already restricted.

"Hey can you cancel my order. " Stealth B

Stealth B hasn't sold in over a year. How else would they get stealth B email address to write this message.

I believe they are trying to make me admit to a connection.

BigCJ 03-12-2015 06:32 PM

They have extra accounts to watch people and trap them.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 06:36 PM

Are there any known ebay users ID's to watch out for. I know 3 usernames that for a fact work with eb.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 06:38 PM

I told them I don't offer refunds and got a 7 day restriction 5 minutes after.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 649661)
They have extra accounts to watch people and trap them.

Has anyone been trapped before? What happens when they get trapped.?

wtfebay 03-12-2015 06:46 PM

Explain the situation....your story makes no sense.

Dmshark25 03-12-2015 06:51 PM

They wouldn't go to this extreme to trick you in admitting that you own an account. They would need to pay a whole department of employees to trick people

It makes no sense, if they think there is a link they simply suspend your account, they do not need any proof

Ebay is the judge and Jury, so there is no need for them to gather evidence, if they feel there is risk they cut it out no questions asked

Bunneh 03-12-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 649660)
Like I said they bought the item. I'm not sure if eb has funds for this type of activity.

After purchase from one of my stealth A they copy and paste the purchase email and sent it to another stealth account B ( old ) already restricted.

"Hey can you cancel my order. " Stealth B

Stealth B hasn't sold in over a year. How else would they get stealth B email address to write this message.

I believe they are trying to make me admit to a connection.

If you haven't sold for over a year then your listings do get removed, they dont exist forever..

and its highly unlikely they will email you direct to your email address, rather than ebay itself..

You are very vague with this 'whole story' what is the reason for this?? :juggle:

SilentHill 03-12-2015 08:52 PM

I think they are going to the extreme.

isitworththestress 03-12-2015 09:04 PM

A few years back someone sold something to an ebay employee and they were told that they had to be told by law that they worked for ebay. So if that is true then no they can't and why would they as pointed out above they have no qualms about kicking the innocent.

More likely an old customer or competitor that know who you are, which raises bigger issues that you are not protecting yourself enough from observation.

Bunneh 03-12-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 649702)
I think they are going to the extreme.

Why are you avoiding questions from people on the thread asking you to explain wtf you are talking about?

People wont take you seriously, if you refuse to be serious.

SilentHill 03-12-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 649685)
If you haven't sold for over a year then your listings do get removed, they dont exist forever..

and its highly unlikely they will email you direct to your email address, rather than ebay itself..

You are very vague with this 'whole story' what is the reason for this?? :juggle:

I dont think you get it.

yes they are not sending ebay messages because the listing was removed.

they are emailing me.

EMAILING OLD STEALTH. About a purchase on NEW STEALTH.

They are actually paying MONEY and then asking for a refund via email to the wrong stealth acct.

dallis 03-12-2015 09:14 PM

This may be a scam; I've seen something like it myself, but not for a long time.

Either your data or the 'buyers' information was compromised at some point, or their accounts have been hijacked.

Eventually the scammer may request you to refund to a pp account that belongs to them instead of the original purchase.

Or there will be some other explanation.

The 'secret EB agent' scenario is a little TOO paranoid... they're not capable of correctly doing the simplest things, much less something complicated. :)

SilentHill 03-12-2015 09:18 PM

Maybe I am being to paranoid. But I can tell you this is the 3rd attempt this week. 3 different stealth accounts.

GETTING AN EMAIL

to the same ONE OLD STEALTH ACCOUNT. <--------( how they get this email? )