eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay wants me to verify my account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/83813-ebay-wants-me-verify-my-account.html)

ishwri 03-13-2015 05:11 AM

ebay wants me to verify my account

hello, everyone. I have switched VPS on my account, Ebay noticed the IP address and cookies are different, so they want me to verify my account by phone. The problem is that I dont have that stealth phone number anymore. Is there a way around this? Can I wait a few days while surfing on the new VPS ?

Bunneh 03-13-2015 07:34 AM

Re: ebay wants me to verify my account

Have you tried changing the phone number? then wait for the number to refresh 12 hours or so, before trying to receive a call.

plumsake2 03-13-2015 12:00 PM

Did it give you a somewhat long pin number and asked you to call right after you were trying to list an item? If so, that type of verification is usually persistent and won't go away easy. You could definitely try building cookies for a few days - logging in daily, searching for items, and various things you would do as if the account was new and then try again.

Or is it just the same verification you get when turning the account into a seller account? (It'll display the number you have on file and give you the option to have them call or text you a 4 digit pin.) Usually you can just change the phone number in this situation like Bunneh mentioned, and be okay after a day or so. I would still build cookies for a few days before making any changes though.

I dealt with the first situation two times long ago (since then I've moved on to using portable browsers so I'll never be without cookies and haven't run into this problem again) and in both situations, changing the phone number on the account did nothing. It makes sense because that would defeat the purpose of this security measure, but yeah definitely annoying. Do you have access to the old VPS anymore? If so then you can change the phone number on there, assuming cookies are still in tact.

ishwri 03-13-2015 01:30 PM

thanks for the responses. I havent changed the phone number yet. It didnt give a pin either, it said "looks like you logged in from a different cpu, we want to verify that this is you," then it gave the option for a text or call. I will try to build cookies for a few days, then try to sell a product, if that doesnt work, i will change the phone number with a new phone, then try to list, thanks for the input.

bjammin 03-13-2015 01:45 PM

Any way to log back in the old way before they asked to verify you. Is it not letting you list, re-list, or offer second chances?

ishwri 03-14-2015 05:47 AM

no, the old vps doest work anymore. but they wont let me list a product at all.