eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   IP Address Question Re: multiple computers in the same house (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/8402-ip-address-question-re-multiple-computers-same-house.html)

tbone 12-02-2008 12:07 PM

IP Address Question Re: multiple computers in the same house

OK, I've done everything right, I've bought the stealth book and I've got everything I need to do to to get back on Ebay, I've got a new bank account, a Post Office box, I'm ready to create a new account and go,
but I'm kind of a "nit-wit" when it comes to computer stuff. Let me get this straight about the IP address, because after all this effort, I don't need to make a stupid mistake and get banned again. I highly suspect one of my competitors got me banned in the first place, and as soon as he sees me back on eBay, he's going to try to shoot me down again, so I have to make for damn sure I can't be traced back to the old me.
I've got 4 computers in my house, all connected via DSL with AT&T through a router so that two of these computers (laptops) can surf the internet. At least one of the computers in the house, maybe two, I've used in the past on a suspended account, so I know I have to reset the IP address before I go near those, but my wife just bought a new laptop that I could use for my eBay'ing, but like I said, I'm not sure if that necessarity means anything. When I went around the house checking the IP numbers on my computers, I see that only the last digit changes; for example, one of the computers will have an IP address like 167.0.0.103, and the next computer will be .104, the next one .105, etc. Is that OK??
Can I safely use this laptop, or what should I do??
I haven't unplugged the DSL line from the wall for 5 minutes like you suggested, to see if that'll re-set the IP address, but I just wanted to ask on here first exactly what it is I have to do...
any help is appreciated, sorry for the rambling.

Juicyas 12-02-2008 12:25 PM

Too much to explain.. get stealthguide!

Seriously you have like 5 problems already.. even those IPs are your local network ones not the ones that ebay will see.. furthermore cookies, flashcookies..