eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   item sold but no payment (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/84424-item-sold-but-no-payment.html)

koobar 04-01-2015 10:57 PM

item sold but no payment

I found some of the buyers they bought your item and never pay. I'm so confused with it. I sent invoice to the buyer when I got the order in my sold list, it counted my selling limit. Can I ship the item even I haven't got paid yet?

glacier922 04-01-2015 11:00 PM

Re: item sold but no payment

Never ship item until u got ur money. Just turn on unpaid item assistant, it'll open the case for u and they can't leave a negative. It'll automatically close it for u and I get ur fvf back

rsot 04-01-2015 11:00 PM

No do not ship - open an unpaid buyer claim - loser buyers

muzzie 04-02-2015 02:48 AM

Do not ship, send PM, if not paid in a couple of days - open case, and ban buyer. If your item is under of risk of getting abused, try placing strict buyer restrictions on this item.

wakitiwa 04-02-2015 07:40 AM

Add immediate payment in the listing options when listing on buy it now

empirestate 04-02-2015 07:46 AM

If it is in BIN style, you can check the box immediate payment required. Never ship an item without getting your money first! It's like giving your items for free....

dallis 04-02-2015 11:27 PM

I find new accounts get a lot of unpaid items, sometimes as high as 15%, older accounts less so, maybe 2%.

Mine are small ticket items, and they're all the same, so it doesn't really kill me like it did when they were one of a kind.

It's just a fact of life on EB where they let people purchase without paying immediately. :(

koobar 04-03-2015 02:17 AM

The funny thing is on ebay.com there is option for requiring immediate payment, but on ebay.ca there is not.

Pnw507 04-08-2015 03:38 AM

I always call the buyer if they do not pay within 3-4 days. I require a phone number when checking out. I usually get a "but I didn't buy it I only added it in my cart" or "nope I never bought it, I just looked at it." Usually this is from members with 0 feedback.

GreenBean 04-08-2015 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koobar (Post 656100)
I found some of the buyers they bought your item and never pay. I'm so confused with it. I sent invoice to the buyer when I got the order in my sold list, it counted my selling limit. Can I ship the item even I haven't got paid yet?

Why? Why risk shipping and losing more money.

Change your buying requirements quickly.

How are you asking to be paid at the moment>

:spy:

muzzie 04-08-2015 04:42 AM

Wait 2 days, then open unpaid item case. If he does not respond in 7 days - cancel the transaction, it will not cause any changes to your account standing.

dallis 04-09-2015 09:01 PM

That's true, but you still lose one off your listing limit, on a 5/500 account that stinks.

Still nothing you can do about it. Just the way the game is played.

wakitiwa 04-10-2015 02:56 PM

By the way, is there any problem harassing customers who haven't paid within 48 hours? I mean, sending them direct messages like "it's been two days since the auction ended, do you still need more time to pay or just want to cancel up the transaction?" I just sold my like my third item on ebay to a non payer... it's been like 3 days already, no major money item, just scraps like for 15 bucks but yeah, I wanna start getting to use that selling account. Still don't know why on earth ebay in 2015 lets non payers get away with so much time, that is complete bs

Lost in the Supermarket 04-10-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 658028)
That's true, but you still lose one off your listing limit, on a 5/500 account that stinks.

Still nothing you can do about it. Just the way the game is played.

If you are worried about losing a listing off a 5/500 limited account, your eye is not on the ball.

The way I do it is fine for me. For you? You decide.

On a new account I am not worried so much about making money as I am about getting limits raised.

Whatever I can scrape up to sell with very low shipping cost is what I list. On my recent account I sold a book for $2.50 and free shipping. Shipping was about $2.40. But.....I got a sale and it only cost me the 25 cents form buying the book at the library plus what net loss I had from ebay adn pp fees.

I do that a few times on my first sales in about the 4th month of account life and usually get a limit bump. Then I list a few more losing items along with a few profitable items. Going for a bit of profit as well as another bump within a month or two. When my limits hit at least 60 I start going full-bore at the money makers.

Is your goal to make money on every sale or get a bunch of accounts going that all have lots of sales and profits?

I call my types of accounts the "kids, adolescents, and adults". I don't expect too much out of the first two, just for them to grow and stay out of trouble.

Selling junk at a loss is also a way to clear out some closets and garage space. Net same-same as giving it to charity.