eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Being Successful on ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/84701-being-successful-ebay.html)

Chris18181 04-12-2015 12:33 AM

Being Successful on ebay

darknezz19 04-12-2015 01:27 PM

Re: Being Successful on ebay

Awesome Chris! Will have to give this a read as I'm looking to up my selling across the board here soon. Kudos:)

Chris18181 04-12-2015 09:56 PM

that website is awesome, also tells you how you can buy land on ebay for $100 or less

dallis 04-13-2015 08:04 PM

Wow! She shops in a thrift store and makes $600 in just 20 hours selling used clothing on EB.

Sure sounds EASY!!!

Having once been in that line of business on EB I can't begin to tell you what a fantasy/delusion/fairy tale THAT is!

If you get $50 a sale ( unlikely ) that's 12 sales a week, with 6-8-10 pictures each, you can't source the product, set up the photos, take the pictures, edit them, and post 12 unique diverse ads like that in 20 hours, not on your best day.

They didn't bother to mention that during the first 90 days, even if you open a store, you are subject to category limits - 3 pieces of name brand women's/men's clothing active at a time.

Or starting sellers limits of 5/500.

What about the weeks when you can't find any of this high end product that's worth selling?

If it's so easy, why is this guy putting out slick internet advertising, he should be doing it himself and getting rich!

nostro 04-13-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 659170)
Wow! She shops in a thrift store and makes $600 in just 20 hours selling used clothing on EB.

Sure sounds EASY!!!

Having once been in that line of business on EB I can't begin to tell you what a fantasy/delusion/fairy tale THAT is!

If you get $50 a sale ( unlikely ) that's 12 sales a week, with 6-8-10 pictures each, you can't source the product, set up the photos, take the pictures, edit them, and post 12 unique diverse ads like that in 20 hours, not on your best day.

They didn't bother to mention that during the first 90 days, even if you open a store, you are subject to category limits - 3 pieces of name brand women's/men's clothing active at a time.

What about the weeks when you can't find any of this high end product that's worth selling?

If it's so easy, why is this guy putting out slick internet advertising, he should be doing it himself and getting rich!

LOL! This is typical internet marketing poop! Did you catch the little box that wants your email for some special offer?

You know what they say in the Internet marketing world "The Money is in the List".

Don't fall for this complete BS please!

rsot 04-13-2015 08:38 PM

Good old money-making guides...that want your money :)

jeffweico 04-13-2015 09:01 PM

There really is no big secret to being successful on eBay.

You need to find a product that people want, but that has not attracted so many sellers as to make selling it unprofitable. You need a niche.

Then, it is just basic Business 101 - offer great customer service, keep your items in stock, always be professional and polite, ship quickly and treat each customer as if they were your Mom's best friend.

People just want their items, they want them quickly and they don't want hassles or problems. If you can do that, you can be successful on eBay.

Don't waste your time looking for those mythical sources of $100 iPhones, $50 computers and $2 DVD's because they don't exist. Or if they do, the iPhone is broken beyond repair, the computers are from 1997 and the DVD's are titles that nobody wants.

bjammin 04-13-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 659184)
treat each customer as if they were your Mom's best friend.

that could be taken a few different ways

SilentHill 04-13-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 659194)
that could be taken a few different ways

:sly: :clap:

dallis 04-14-2015 02:34 PM

EB has few if any niches that are not extensively exploited.

If it can be bought in any store in America it's on EB somewhere, at some price.

The seller ecosystem is overwhelmed with products.

And my mom's best friends are all in their 80's and 90's, and that's NOT a pretty picture!

sax4 04-14-2015 03:05 PM

When I tell people I do EBay for a living I have lost count of the times people have said "Yeah I have thought about importing IPhones from China" :)

I think there is still plenty of money to be made on EBay, have to think outside the box though and many sellers don't.

dallis 04-16-2015 09:49 PM

All of us are making money ( I hope ), but don't think you're ever going to find somewhere nobody else hasn't already set up camp and started mining.

You're just going to have to take their market share from them by being better, faster, cheaper, more professional... something.

J dub 1984 04-16-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 659170)

Sure sounds EASY!!!

I agree I worked for a corporation that bought new and used clothing. But that is a fairy tale. I'm pretty sure their invesitgating these goodwill stores for fraud or some bs because who know have many ways their divvying up all the crap that comes in good crap medium basic crap you can make a few bucks on but I agree with the above poster just going around cherry-picking is time consuming and it's difficult to scale unless you have the right connections within that industry.