Is linking a debit card necessary for ebay stealth?. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Is linking a debit card necessary for ebay stealth?.

Havnt made a stealth in a long time. I am using a account I bought a few months ago and it says I can sell but no debit was linked. Is it necessary?. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is linking a debit card necessary for ebay stealth?.

Are you guys kidding me?. The stealth guide says we have to but there is no real concrete reason not to?. Does anyone know?.
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

It makes the account more solid.

Its easy thing to do, so why not just do it?
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

so you can start selling on ebay without a debit card or bank account?
On all stealth accounts, it wont let me sell till i link a card, I would like to see if I could sell on the account before linking a card.
Old 04-16-2015
Threadstarter  

I think it it only thought to make it more secure. Who knows. But I believe all you need is a bank. It wouldn't make sense to require a debit.
Old 04-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Bank + CC are steps for security
Old 04-17-2015
Threadstarter  

name security is the highest concern I think tho. Ebay matches your name with DMV records. So it's good to make sure the Name matches the city, state and birthdate. Just saying. It's the absolute truth. facebook or family as resources. I am not sure if this is in the eBay Stealth but my accounts have been mighty strong.
Old 04-17-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You can sell without adding a CC but than you can only withdraw $500 a month, also you will need to pay all your postage fees

As you know, the first 90 days your funds are held and not instant payments, so if your printing postage through eBay, when you make a sale those funds are held, so u will need to add another VCC, OR GIFT CARD TO pay for postage

Adding a CC to PayPal will release a portion of your funds instantly from your sale to pay for the postage..

So it's not necessary but it can be a big inconvenience when your limited to $500 a month in withdrawals and you will need to get a Gift Card anyway to pay for postage, unless u want to wait in line at the post office and pay full price for postage for each sale . And than go back and add all tracking numbers manually

Just seems like ur adding a ton more work for something that takes a minute to do. With Entropay, u can make your own VCC, so you don't need to put up $24 for one card , you can make 10 cards for the price u need to get one gift card
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
name security is the highest concern I think tho. Ebay matches your name with DMV records. So it's good to make sure the Name matches the city, state and birthdate. Just saying. It's the absolute truth. facebook or family as resources. I am not sure if this is in the eBay Stealth but my accounts have been mighty strong.
I think this is going a bit too far on assumptions - I have strong US-based stealth accounts that do not have DMV records...
Old 04-17-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You can sell without adding a CC but than you can only withdraw $500 a month, also you will need to pay all your postage fees

As you know, the first 90 days your funds are held and not instant payments, so if your printing postage through eBay, when you make a sale those funds are held, so u will need to add another VCC, OR GIFT CARD TO pay for postage

Adding a CC to PayPal will release a portion of your funds instantly from your sale to pay for the postage..

So it's not necessary but it can be a big inconvenience when your limited to $500 a month in withdrawals and you will need to get a Gift Card anyway to pay for postage, unless u want to wait in line at the post office and pay full price for postage for each sale . And than go back and add all tracking numbers manually

Just seems like ur adding a ton more work for something that takes a minute to do. With Entropay, u can make your own VCC, so you don't need to put up $24 for one card , you can make 10 cards for the price u need to get one gift card
thank you for the info! don't mean to thread jack, just a thread with a close question similar to mine.
adding a vcc will allow funds to be available within the 21 days of shipment right? then just need to add a bank to withdraw the money? or i can wire the money from the vcc to my bank and paypal won't know what bank it went too?
I am just starting out, so i doubt i will be pushing $500 a month, if i do, itlll be spread out between a few stealth accounts.
Old 04-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmswagserf View Post
On all stealth accounts, it wont let me sell till i link a card, I would like to see if I could sell on the account before linking a card.
At the very least, you have to supply ebay a means of security to attempt to sell....

Gone are the days where nothing got added before selling happened.

VCCs & bank accounts work OK.
Old 04-18-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmswagserf View Post
this.

havent been able to sell without a card since years and years ago.