eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   IP addresses (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/84859-ip-addresses.html)

dharmok 04-17-2015 01:11 AM

IP addresses

Hi, I've been experimenting with changing my MAC address to acquire new IP addresses. When I go to geobytes to check their location, I get results for states like Texas and Missouri. I live in Arizona. According to the Stealth Guide, I need an IP address within 100 miles of my physical address. How can I make this happen?

ilcarletto 04-17-2015 01:27 AM

Re: IP addresses

It is not mandatory.

The most important thing is that you are getting a different IP, location is not an issue.

dharmok 04-17-2015 01:34 AM

Thank you for replying. I've spent the past several days reading the forums, and the book, and there is conflicting info on a few topics. I could make other threads, but it might be better to speak with someone in PM.

ilcarletto 04-17-2015 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharmok (Post 660098)
Thank you for replying. I've spent the past several days reading the forums, and the book, and there is conflicting info on a few topics. I could make other threads, but it might be better to speak with someone in PM.

If you need infos on accounts to buy and how to manage that, yes then get in touch with approved sellers in the marketplace area.

If yours are just general questions on how to manage stealth then open a new thread in the forum and see the different opinions and point of views.

Forum discussions is really helpful.

You will immediately spot who is answering with knowledge and who is asnwering just to increase his "posts counter" ;)

123 04-17-2015 01:50 AM

As lcarletto mentioned only country is important, state dont need to match, geo tracking isnt super accurate to begin with

can use a NY ip for a LA account if you wish etc

dharmok 04-17-2015 01:57 AM

Thanks, it looks like the book may need some updating, as this one one of my main sticking points :d

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 660106)
As lcarletto mentioned only country is important, state dont need to match, geo tracking isnt super accurate to begin with

can use a NY ip for a LA account if you wish etc

Drecn 04-17-2015 01:59 AM

Quote:

I've been experimenting with changing my MAC address to acquire new IP addresses.
how do u change your ip by changing your mac address and is that more easily done than ip finding on dongles etc...

dharmok 04-17-2015 02:05 AM

I use a router and connect wirelessly to my desktop, I go to the routers website 192.168.#.#. those last numbers depend on the brand of router, there is an option to change mac addresses' last two numbers, the router reboots and I have a new IP address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drecn (Post 660108)
how do u change your ip by changing your mac address and is that more easily done than ip finding on dongles etc...

dallis 04-20-2015 01:01 PM

That's exactly the way I change mine. In my case I can change any of the 12 numbers, within a certain range. Well, there are some letters mixed in also.

When I tether through my cell I just turn off the mobile hotspot and turn it back on, it generates a new IP address.

In the case of the cell tether, it shows location as being anywhere from Fl to NY to CA. The router always shows as being local.

dharmok 04-20-2015 01:18 PM

I can change any of the numbers? The stealth guide mentions changing the last 2 only. If I can create a mostly static IP address with keeping the same MAC address for each individual account though It shouldn't matter much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 661145)
That's exactly the way I change mine. In my case I can change any of the 12 numbers, within a certain range. Well, there are some letters mixed in also.

When I tether through my cell I just turn off the mobile hotspot and turn it back on, it generates a new IP address.

In the case of the cell tether, it shows location as being anywhere from Fl to NY to CA. The router always shows as being local.

dallis 04-20-2015 07:22 PM

As long as you get a fresh IP doesn't matter, change any, change all, just be sure you track the IP and don't reuse it.

I use an excel spreadsheet, if you use CTRLF you can input the series of numbers and click 'find all' and it will search the entire sheet for you instantly.

Just don't highlight multiple cells when you search or it will search just those highlighted cells for a match. :)

I reuse the MAC ID if I want to reuse the IP for a certain user account, sometimes it will bring up the same IP, sometimes it won't, some IP's are very stable and last for months, years even, some change every use even if the MAC is the same.

rsot 04-20-2015 08:12 PM

I operate my US accounts with all kinds of IP - NY accounts with CA IP....AZ accounts with NY IP...havent had issues - just keep cookies in place in each user account

dharmok 04-20-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 661262)
As long as you get a fresh IP doesn't matter, change any, change all, just be sure you track the IP and don't reuse it.

I use an excel spreadsheet, if you use CTRLF you can input the series of numbers and click 'find all' and it will search the entire sheet for you instantly.

Just don't highlight multiple cells when you search or it will search just those highlighted cells for a match. :)

I reuse the MAC ID if I want to reuse the IP for a certain user account, sometimes it will bring up the same IP, sometimes it won't, some IP's are very stable and last for months, years even, some change every use even if the MAC is the same.

I'm a spreadsheet newbie so I can use all the info I can get there, thanks.

dallis 04-22-2015 04:54 PM

Excel is your friend. :)