Getting Higher Selling Limits on EBay? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Getting Higher Selling Limits on EBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Again, you assume.

Is this advice you are prepared to make standard for users form overseas who need to use VPS & have issues with US bank accounts?

Is that included in your brilliance abour having nothing to lose on a brand new account?

I think not.

A user spedning, say $30 to make an account, should also try to consider not wasting that money but rather allowing the account to be nutured to recoup the funds. Such funds can be used to make more accounts.

Repeatedly staying at Square One is foolish.
I answered the OP, who lives in the USA.

International members have their own separate forum.

I'm prepared to tell people to make their own choices.

Apparently you think everyone who reads this forum is stupid, and can't do a risk/reward calculation in their head.

I don't share that opinion.

Let me repeat myself so there's no confusion:

Stealth is NOT one size fits all.

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-18-2015 at 06:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
agag2 (04-18-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

[QUOTE=How do you ship/how soon do you ship? Tell them you will be printing labels from home, your friend is helping you and giving you advise, he/she is a Powerseller and encouraged you to try eBay.[/QUOTE]

Don't tell them someone is helping you, this will create issues , and they will start digging in to find out who the person is and if they were previously restricted.

They want to hear that you are selling on your own with no help, don't complicate things, it will lead to issues with some reps
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Don't tell them someone is helping you, this will create issues , and they will start digging in to find out who the person is and if they were previously restricted.

They want to hear that you are selling on your own with no help, don't complicate things, it will lead to issues with some reps
I think that's going FAR out on a limb, but respect your opinion.

I said tell them you're getting advice from a powerseller. The rep will NOT ask you their eBay ID. They aren't going to dig that deep in a 3 minute call.

Regardless, as I said, the most important thing is the impression you give them, not the words you say. eBay Reps are PEOPLE, just like you and me.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 04-17-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-17-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I think that's going FAR out on a limb, but respect your opinion.

I said tell them you're getting advice from a powerseller. The rep will NOT ask you their eBay ID. They aren't going to dig that deep in a 3 minute call.

Regardless, as I said, the most important thing is the impression you give them, not the words you say. eBay Reps are PEOPLE, just like you and me.
Why all the bold words and increased fonts? Additionally, why the rude attitude towards veteran forum members trying to help the OP?

Let me try it out on you. There is NO reason to be replying like this.

You joined the forum A WEEK ago. Long time veterans are giving their EXPERT advice. If you want to ignore our advice, that's fine. But don't suck new people into your vortex of nonsense. I have no idea how GreenBean has been so nice in her replies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (04-18-2015), SilentHill (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

I never called myself an expert. You are the only one who claimed that title.

And yes, please do read that thread. The one where I proved the so called "experts" wrong.
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Or that Sinatra song, I do it my way and keep on having to make new accounts.

PTL for the ignore button.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-18-2015), Haidukken (04-19-2015), yaBeh8ater (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Or that Sinatra song, I do it my way and keep on having to make new accounts.

PTL for the ignore button.

You do realize that both of the things you mentioned actually support my viewpoint, right?

Frank Sinantra was very successful, and the cartoon shows them running off a cliff, with one questioning it....
Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
They will attempt to run your name through their database. It will of course, come back without results. They will comment on this, and either:

Ask you to further verify your account (through documents, or via adding a bank account to PayPal, in my case).

OR

They will ask:

Where do you get your inventory? (Say that it's personal stuff from around your house)

How do you ship/how soon do you ship? Tell them you will be printing labels from home, your friend is helping you and giving you advise, he/she is a Powerseller and encouraged you to try eBay.

etc.

The questions they ask are less important than the impression you give them.
i have called plenty of times ^^^ always happens one way or the other I had my girl for hers she just created and I for another just created within like two hours of each other (these were 0/0 limits).......nothing to lose....she was asked for documents....I was awarded 25/1250.....on an established stealth I called in cuz it was 5/500 ....felt like nothing to lose.....I got awarded but right after before I listed it was suspended indef........I needed a back up plan....back up plans are other stealth accts......if I could rewind I would probably think about trying .....but I wont why because :

Nothing last Forever

U need a back up plan those are other stealths allllllllll the time
and dig this if I kept my 5/500 one and also made these others like I have been
then I could sell my 5 on that one
and ..... yes I said and
sell more on the others gaining stealth education and more hopes for increases

we all want to sell more and while u are making money still create more help from that line of profit coming in.....u are already accustomed to this money so get more help on another account and nuture that one to make you more....

MY two cents....again nothing last forever and don't fix if it isn't broken

not a complete RIGHT way to do a stealth ....but there are guidelines......which u can ignore at your own discretion.....hopefully luck is on your side....preparation meets opportunity=luck.....
when I call in if they cant find me they sometimes ask for another address more or less trying to see if there is a googlable address with right zips....I fumbled on this a few times once I gave them my old address growing up they approved it .....but be sure you have :

birthdate
phone number
2 addresses
name of your ebay user
and good luck on your side The questions they ask are less important than the impression you give them.<~~~~~real talk

I hate when I call in and they sound like the fukin model employee....don't keep hanging up after they know its you and your calling for increases the bots pick up on that....

Last edited by Drecn; 04-18-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2015

Longevity: 76%

...and at the end of the day there's been more horror stories from people calling than there have for people that haven't called. That's the bottom line here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-19-2015), Drecn (04-18-2015), Haidukken (04-19-2015), MM78 (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
...and at the end of the day there's been more horror stories from people calling than there have for people that haven't called. That's the bottom line here.
If you don't call you have no idea whether the increase would have been granted or not.

So yes, of course there are more "horror stories" about those who have called than those who have not.

I'd bet my money that there are more horror stories of men who have approached women and asked them on a date than not as well, because when you choose to do nothing, nothing happens!

Fortune favors the bold.
Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015

Longevity: 55%

Wow!, how did I miss this thread, only steered onto it now because someone else in another thread mentioned it, well worth a read.

Nice to see some strong opinions out there occasionally getting posting by other forum members.
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Wow!, how did I miss this thread, only steered onto it now because someone else in another thread mentioned it, well worth a read.

Nice to see some strong opinions out there occasionally getting posting by other forum members.
Welcome Rosie.
Old 04-18-2015

Quote:
because when you choose to do nothing, nothing happens!
More times than not, it does happen, and the user ends up crying on the forums looking for answers - use the search box, you'll be reading until next Christmas.
Old 04-18-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

was almost afraid to post here but im kinda on both sides. i hate losing brand new accounts. happened twice this morning. so far i have made 8 selling accounts today and 2 bit the bullet a half hour later.

it does bother me but at the same time all i lose is roughly $5 including everything required to get set up.

about calling in though, i have never done it. hearing mpaired over here and its not a good use if minutes i get on my tracfones.
The Following User Says Thank You to yaBeh8ater For This Useful Post:
Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

WOW how aggressive is this thread.

@GhostofAmazon It is naive to sit and tell members it is okay to call when there are an uncounted number of times people have ruined accounts for this reason. ESPECIALLY in the USA.
So maybe search the forum BEFORE giving out such advice on this topic.
(*The clue is also in the fact that there are more people against doing this than for it)

Not every rep is as nice as you think they are, otherwise surely you would not have joined this forum a month ago.

Not every person is comfortable, confident and quick thinking on the phone.
All that needs to happen is the ebay rep asks the wrong question and then BAM your account is gone.

Because with your comments, you will not just have the new sellers calling in but people who have actually started to age and build accounts.

and honestly, clearly you joined this forum because you to also need help on Amazon and Ebay, so i would suggest you take a calmer approach to people on the forum, rather than jumping on your high horse about such small things, because one day your turn will come when you need answers to such questions and no one will want to help you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-19-2015), Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
WOW how aggressive is this thread.

@GhostofAmazon It is naive to sit and tell members it is okay to call when there are an uncounted number of times people have ruined accounts for this reason. ESPECIALLY in the USA.
So maybe search the forum BEFORE giving out such advice on this topic.
(*The clue is also in the fact that there are more people against doing this than for it)

Not every rep is as nice as you think they are, otherwise surely you would not have joined this forum a month ago.

Not every person is comfortable, confident and quick thinking on the phone.
All that needs to happen is the ebay rep asks the wrong question and then BAM your account is gone.

Because with your comments, you will not just have the new sellers calling in but people who have actually started to age and build accounts.

and honestly, clearly you joined this forum because you to also need help on Amazon and Ebay, so i would suggest you take a calmer approach to people on the forum, rather than jumping on your high horse about such small things, because one day your turn will come when you need answers to such questions and no one will want to help you.
You assume that because I'm here, I know nothing about how eBay works.

I joined to learn how to create multiple eBay accounts with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. I have been selling on eBay since 2009, and I have called in once per month on every account to increase my limits since the beginning.

I have made several stealth accounts using my method since starting here.

Apparently you feel that every member should do things YOUR way, simply because my method could end badly.

I have made it very clear that my method involves risks, however, I leave it up to the individual to read the forums, edudcate themselves, and make their own decisions.

The information I provide is correct. I have not tried to imply that the way I do things is the only way of doing them, nor have I hidden the risks.

What I have said is that there is more than one way to do stealth. I have offered an alternative way of viewing and operating new eBay accounts.

You are the ones who are militant and dogmatic, stating there is only one "correct" way to do stealth.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

I trust that people reading these boards have the intellectual capacity to make their own decisions based on their own research of these forums.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 04-19-2015 at 02:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
agag2 (04-18-2015), Drecn (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You assume that because I'm here, I know nothing about how eBay works.

I joined to learn how to create multiple eBay accounts with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. I have been selling on eBay since 2009, and I have called in once per month on every account to increase my limits since the beginning.

Apparently you feel that every member should do things YOUR way, simply because my method could end badly.

I have made it very clear that my method involves risks, however, I leave it up to the individual to read the forums, edudcate themselves, and make their own decisions.

The information I provide is correct. I have not tried to imply that the way I do things is the only way of doing them, nor have I hidden the risks.

What I have said is that there is more than one way to do stealth. I have offered an alternative way of viewing and operating new eBay accounts.

You are the ones who are militant and dogmatic, stating there is only one "correct" way to do stealth.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

I trust that people reading these boards have the intellectual capacity to make their own decisions based on their own research of these forums. If these forums are meant to be read by children or the intellectually handicapped, please let me know, because I was under the impression that those reading them were capable of making their own decisions.
Intellect is something you CLEARLY lack.. oh and way to go contradicting yourself..

Guess we do have one of these types after all..

Quote:
I trust that people reading these boards have the intellectual capacity to make their own decisions based on their own research of these forums. If these forums are meant to be read by children or the intellectually handicapped, please let me know,because I was under the impression that those reading them were capable of making their own decisions.
You only started saying 'who should/shouldnt call etc when decent people like GreenBean picked you up on it...

Bet it makes you feel good being a keyboard warrior.. Please refrain from posting garbage. you insult peoples intelligence when they actually have to reply to your nonsense.

Last edited by Bunneh; 04-18-2015 at 02:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Intellect is something you CLEARLY lack.. oh and way to go contradicting yourself..

Guess we do have one of these types after all..

You only started saying 'who should/shouldnt call etc when decent people like GreenBean picked you up on it...

Bet it makes you feel good being a keyboard warrior.. Please refrain from posting garbage. you insult peoples intelligence when they actually have to reply to your nonsense.
You say I am contradicting myself. What statements were contradictory?

You should try to debate logically without resorting to petty insults. You're not helping your case.
Old 04-18-2015

Quote:
Yes and if you forgot, you only joined on 04-11-2015, so as B has stated you're insulting people's intelligence who have been here and done it all many a time and know the ins and outs of what works and what doesn't.

Stop posting bull.
Stop posting in bold.
Stop being aggressive.
Old 04-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

sooooooooo

percentage wise
no calls are like 76%
calls are like 24%

but intellectually handicap was a good hit ...lol people are made aware of the risks if calling...

just like building a stealth there's always risks

do/use/call
at the users discretion .......just know what your up against-_-
The Following User Says Thank You to Drecn For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

My favorite threads are the ones where people do things we suggest they DON'T do then come on the forum with the famous "Need Immediate Help", "Why is no one answering my question", "Emergency, Need Help NOW" all because they figured they knew more than this forum.
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Yes and if you forgot, you only joined on 04-11-2015, so as B has stated you're insulting people's intelligence who have been here and done it all many a time and know the ins and outs of what works and what doesn't.

Stop posting bull.
Stop posting in bold.
Stop being aggressive.
The things I've said have been backed up by numerous members.

No.

I'm not the one attacking the viewpoints of others.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 04-18-2015 at 04:25 PM.