Getting Higher Selling Limits on EBay? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Getting Higher Selling Limits on EBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
OMG OMG OMG CLICK you got it FINALLY!!!

That is ALL i was saying 2 pages ago.. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...tml#post660528
The manner in which you said it did not give the same impression as his.

You were rude and demanding, acting as if I was wrong and that my method was completely fabricated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Only because you read threads like everyone is out to get you.
Old 04-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Only because you read threads like everyone is out to get you.
Perhaps its just a difference in culture. Here in the US, we consider the behavior you exhibited to be quite rude.
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Here in the forums we protect our new members. Just because its was easy for you Doesn't make it the best advice.

your thread should have been more like "I had success calling in." (many people have.
If you ever dug enough into the Forums to see THIS IS NOTHING NEW GENIUS.... )

Not bashing the experts and saying they are "so called experts."
Thats very disrespectful.

Figure out ways to help members not BASH THEM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-19-2015)
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
Here in the forums we protect our new members. Just because its was easy for you Doesn't make it the best advice.

your thread should have been more like "I had success calling in." (many people have.
If you ever dug enough into the Forums to see THIS IS NOTHING NEW GENIUS.... )

Not bashing the experts and saying they are "so called experts."
Thats very disrespectful.

Figure out ways to help members not BASH THEM.
My advice is helpful. It works.

Others have attacked my viewpoints, stating that my advice was false, and implied I fabricated my success.

Upon proving them wrong, they attacked me personally.

Even the friendliest dog will bite when provoked.

Perhaps your comrades should consider being polite to ALL "new" members, including those with views they find distasteful.
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Find someone stating it was false.

I hope you can understand the primary focus of the forums (Stealth) & (Safety)
and sustain it in due time. Goodluck on Stealth continue to share your experiences..
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Ohhhh, I'm LOVING the hate in this thread. Clash of Titans and all that, well in our case it's Clash of signing up dates and thank you point, general trust and reputation.

So I've just gone through this thread and seems the two viewpoint have met on a log that is bridging the two banks of river, with both viewpoints unwilling to move to let another one pass, so that both could make it across safely.

I think it's naive to set ANYTHING in stone and people should really, REALLY read a lot more and decide what works for them and what situation they are in. It's very easy to get carried away and take advice that is not suitable for certain situations and put your hope eggs into someone elses solution basket.

You really need to start from the basics with this thread and in my eyes, it's this:

US and UK Stealth operations are VERY different.
People, both experienced and new members, should get a good level on understanding first what they are talking about when it comes to different countries. These operations don't just differ from banking point of view, but they have HUGE differences in eBays own security checks and general practices.

Basic stealth rules apply to both, that's a given. That's about it with similarities, everything else is different and before people take one advice, or another, should really understand what situation are they in.

Ebay US and eBay UK are like different weathers and as an individual YOU need to choose what you are wearing, by knowing what your comfort level is, what are your needs and what are the basic key factors that you need to keep in mind, when choosing clothes.
But a person living in Alaska can't criticise a person living in LA for wearing shorts all the time. The same way a person living in LA can't question heavy winer jacket that the person from Alaska is wear.
Heck, in Africa they don't wear any clothes at all!

What I'm trying to say here is that it all boils down to one key fact: personal preferences and confidence levels.
Saying that is easy, but it's not as black and white as some might think because
as with every other coin in the world, it has two sides though and it's not that simple and in our case, the two sides are not directly even related to an individual, but they are almost preset preferences based on couple of different factors.

Your personal preference is actually set in place for you, you can't choose it. It is a sum total of all the factors put together, all the variables that we have to take to account when operating stealths.
You need to know exactly what situation you are in, what are your limits, what is your eBay background, how strong is your account, in what country are you based, what providers have you used to get the account open, what product are you selling, what financial needs do you have, and so on.
These "preferences" are more like default settings that tell you exactly where you are at as a stealth operator and you can't change them all at once. You can change some of the aspects long terms and perhaps with your next account, but not instantly.
So when you read that somebody has a solution to ONE of your variables it doesn't mean that this ONE solution will blanket over all the variables.

It's like having a piece of puzzle missing from the middle and you can't find it. You have 17 other puzzles around the house so you find a piece that is the same shape and same size, but from a different puzzle. You can fit the piece in, that's not a problem, but when your mates come around and look at the puzzle, they will for sure ask why did you put a zebra themed puzzle piece into a lion themed puzzle.

That one solution will not always solve the real problems that you have.

The same thing goes to personal confidence levels, there are way too many variables to even begin to list them, but the general story is the same.

We ALL think that what we do is right and what we do is the only right or the BEST right at least and that's not a problem at all. I would be worries if we didn't think that way!
What we need to be careful about, all of us(young and old), is how we give out advice and what are we asking other people to believe in.

Let me give you an example:
If you see a heroin junkie shooting up, you will not go to them and harp on about how Yoga changed your life and they should try it as well, because Yoga helped YOU and that means it will help EVERYBODY.
With a junkie who shoots up multiple times a day, you would either get professional help or try to suggest other solutions.
But if you meet a friend who is a bit stiff and needs something new in his life, perhaps Yoga wouldn't be such a bad suggestion?

It's the same with stealth.
Different aspects of stealth can be sometimes sensitive and tabu topics, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't TALK about it.
I for example appreciate the fact that you put this voice recording up, albeit it coming across mildly douchy and somewhat of a dick move. I still appreciate it because there are so many things that people DONT talk about, it's refreshing to see somebody actually recording something so that we, other stealthers, can maybe learn from.
Would I call in myself? No.
Why? Because based on what I've read, it's not great in long term and as a UK resident I will avoid any problems that are avoidable.

Why do I think it's good? Because I'm sure it will show some people how to talk to eBay and how to sound confident. It might not even be about limits, it might be a random call from eBay but maybe that one person feels that they are more comfortable talking to them now, who knows.

I think I've typed a bit too much already but I think it's important to stress the importance of learning, reading and practicing before people take any decision in life. I wouldn't start driving cars around town just because I know other people who have no problems doing it.
In Mexico City, for example, you don't need driving licence to drive. If I'd live there would I just jump in a car and take on the traffic? **** no, why would I?
I'd take my time to practice and learn and feel comfortable driving a car, then take it out on a road.
It's exactly the same with stealth: You can't do something based on other peoples experience with no experience of your own. We all need to start somewhere and we all have started somewhere.
If somebody has more experience when it comes to stealth then I believe it's their responsebility as "Elders" to share their information, knowledge and best practices with people who are willing to listen and as one learns more about stealth, the once beginner should start taking on that same responsebility.
You can't start skatebording with the 900 as your first trick, you need to get your basics right, get the balance right.
If my instructor or friend would tell me to shoot off from one of those crazy X-Games ramps as my first ever skateboard experience I would tell them to go **** themselves and most likely sue them for putting my life into danger, but if I'm Tony mother****ing Hawk, then I know that one day I will reach the level where I will be the first person ever to do that trick.

Just be careful with the way you give out advice, read it before you do and just try to see it with the eyes of a beginner, don't make anybody believe it's easier than it looks and feels. Have a humble approach in life, live long and prosper.

And be carful with the advice that you take, read it before you do take it and try to see if it it's your problem profile and can you fir it into your puzzle. Don't believe it's easy, don't rush. Have humble approach in life, live long and prosper.

//I'm out.
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

That was quite a mouthful!

Yes, my video was quite "douchey". Given that you've read the entire thread, I'm sure you can see why I believe it's justified.

Regardless of my attitude, I think my point was made quite clear: eBay reps aren't out to get you and make your life misreable.

Yes, SOME are no-nonsense by-the-books, but there is nothing one account rep can do that ANOTHER can't undo.

Trust me, I've had my main accounts suspended more times than I have fingers, and reinstated nearly as many.

The solution to one rep being an ass is to keep calling until you get one that isn't. Will you always get a yes the first call? Of course not. But it's a lot like dating---the first guy or gal might not be Mr. or Mrs. Right, but if you keep going, you'll find him or her eventually. Give up after one date and you'll be alone forever.

The takeaway from this thread is this:

Just because things have been done a certain way, or because everyone says something should be done a certain way, doesn't make it the right way, nor the only way.

Push your boundaries. Everyone here has been suspended at least once, so hopefully a phone call isn't something that makes you nervous, but if it is, make a brand new stealth account and give it a try. What have you got to lose? You can always make a new one.

I'd also like to mention that this is the USA eBay discussion board. International members have their own dedicated areas of the forums. Therefore, as I am a USA member, and this is a USA thread, you can assume that any advice I dispense applies to the USA, doubly so if the OP was US as well. (They are).

Night all.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 04-19-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-19-2015

Longevity: 76%

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-19-2015), Bunneh (04-19-2015), GreenBean (04-19-2015), SilentHill (04-19-2015), unkown5454 (04-20-2015)
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Ebay.com does not ONLY have USA members using it... that's what people need to realise.

This thread is now in the Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...
and not in and specific .com .uk .hk . ie .de etc..

Last edited by Bunneh; 04-19-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ebay.com does not ONLY have USA members using it... that's what people need to realise.

This thread is now in the Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...
and not in and specific .com .uk .hk . ie .de etc..
At the time of all the above posts, it was in the regular board, specific to eBay.com.
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

This thread has been hit by a speeding train and the rails have now been bent into several crumpled pieces of rubbish on the lawn.
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

This thread has been hit by a speeding train and the rails have now been bent into several crumpled pieces of rubbish on the lawn.
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

What is Google Voice?
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
What is Google Voice?
Google Voice is a "phone forwarding" service that's offered for free by Google.

You can have 1 Google Voice # per account.

Basically, when someone calls the GV # it "forwards" the call to the phone # you designate.
Old 04-20-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

ghostofamazon really put it down guys wow. sorry but dude proved his point like a G haha.

"boo %ucking yah boo %ucking yah, SUCK IT SUUUUCK IT" hahahaahhahha

PROPS to this guy he backed up his talk with proof. at the end of the day to each his own as far stealth goes but ghostofamazon has opened our eyes just a bit more that's for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
ghostofamazon really put it down guys wow. sorry but dude proved his point like a G haha.

"boo %ucking yah boo %ucking yah, SUCK IT SUUUUCK IT" hahahaahhahha

PROPS to this guy he backed up his talk with proof. at the end of the day to each his own as far stealth goes but ghostofamazon has opened our eyes just a bit more that's for sure.
People aren't as stupid as the "experts" think.

Case in point....