eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Cancelling An Order vs. Opening an Unpaid Item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/85059-cancelling-order-vs-opening-unpaid-item.html)

SweatyPenguin 04-23-2015 01:53 PM

Cancelling An Order vs. Opening an Unpaid Item

Basically I want to know if cancelling an order as a seller will raise any flags.

I just started with a new acct that has 0 feedback. A few people got cold feet, so I just cancelled the orders. I still have 2 more orders that I could cancel as well, or just wait out and open unpaid item disputes.

I was going to send cancellations for those as well, but after reading about all the seemingly innocuous things that can raise flags and/or get you limited, I didn't know if multiple cancellations would get me in trouble.

Is it safer to just open unpaid item disputes even if the person told me they don't want the item anymore? Or do cancellations not mean a thing?

*When cancelling the orders I either had the buyer cancel it and I approved, or I cancelled it but under Reason For Cancellation, I put that the buyer requested it of me.

sln531 04-23-2015 03:51 PM

Re: Cancelling An Order vs. Opening an Unpaid Item

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweatyPenguin (Post 662367)
Basically I want to know if cancelling an order as a seller will raise any flags.

I just started with a new acct that has 0 feedback. A few people got cold feet, so I just cancelled the orders. I still have 2 more orders that I could cancel as well, or just wait out and open unpaid item disputes.

I was going to send cancellations for those as well, but after reading about all the seemingly innocuous things that can raise flags and/or get you limited, I didn't know if multiple cancellations would get me in trouble.

Is it safer to just open unpaid item disputes even if the person told me they don't want the item anymore? Or do cancellations not mean a thing?

*When cancelling the orders I either had the buyer cancel it and I approved, or I cancelled it but under Reason For Cancellation, I put that the buyer requested it of me.

I would manually close it, I think this is by far the safest thing for you, especially since you have a stealth account the less attention you can bring to yourself the better!