Set on holiday mode and removed listings for a few week. Now sales have plummeted. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Set on holiday mode and removed listings for a few week. Now sales have plummeted.

So I had problems when my hardrive died. I immediately set eBay listings on holiday mode and hide all the listings so no one could purchase until I get it fixed. After 3-4 weeks, I turn it back on yet however my sales are no where near as good as before (about 70% down).

I'm assuming that hiding the listing while setting the store on holiday mode screwed up my search rank and now its all the way down.

Is there anyway to recover from this and get it back up to before?

I've tried doing a 20% sale on all item, however it has not seemed to help. Perhaps if I just end all listings and then relist them it will refresh the listing as brand new and perhaps make it better.

If I have to take this road, is there a way to do all of this in a few clicks rather than doing it one by one (I have over 7000 listings by the way)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2015

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Set on holiday mode and removed listings for a few week. Now sales have plummeted

3-4 weeks is a long 'holiday'. If you have 7k listings surely you could afford to get a replacement computer straight away?

In that 3-4 weeks you've had no sales so your best match results have gone down, or rather your competitors have left you behind.

I would have thought cancelling and relisting would make things worse. Find where they are in the search results. If not on page one you have to be cheapest for buyers searching by lowest price.

When I go on holiday mode I never hide the listings. Then when I'm back I still have a nice amount of sales from people who were happy to wait. If your going more than a few days and its your livelihood then get someone to cover for you whilst away.
Old 04-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Set on holiday mode and removed listings for a few week. Now sales have plummeted

I had to try and get the data off the hard drive as it was crucial for the business, without it I can't send my customers anything. The IT guy said it was because of bad sectors and it took them 3-4 weeks for them to recover the data. I couldn't do anything until that was resolved.

So if I left the listings active, I would be 3-4 behind schedule and from experience alot of buyers are quite impenitent and my DSR and feedback score would of gone worse.

I thought hiding the listing would make it safe, but yeah my best match search rank has gone down the drain.

I would think that re-listing it again, would give it a chance to climb back up again as its already been a few weeks after the stores gone live again.
Old 04-29-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

You need to find a way to shoot up the best match rankings.

It may be worth taking a hit on your price (a price buyers can't say no at) just for a week or two. Then see where you stand.

I know if you cancel your items, then click on 'sell similar' it will start fresh, with no correlation to your old listing or search position.

Clicking on 'relist' gives you the same ranking and position.
Old 05-01-2015

Longevity: 77%

Sorry I know this isn't helping your issue, but how do you set you auctions on Holiday mode? Can people still buy from you during this time frame and you just ship when you get back?
Maybe the 3 week old auction need to be repriced? Competitors might have better prices? When this happens with a certain item I go threw and see which ones are selling more than mine and I try to figure out whyyyyy...
Old 05-03-2015

Longevity: 64%

Need to have a shop to use holiday mode. You can leave items running with a message at top saying your on holiday, but stupid buyers will not notice and neg you for it. Or you can chose to hide all your listings.

You can still revise and do everything else while in holiday mode.