vmware network types - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default vmware network types

Hi everyone, seems like a very friendly community

I'm inexperienced in how to run multiple ebay accounts and I plan on learning soon. I know user accounts is one way but I want something easier

I hopefully plan to run a few accounts and need to understand vmware a little better. I just installed workstation and I'm confused as to which network type to use for running 3 accounts.

Is it possible to have all 3 accounts connected at the same time, each one having an independent hotspot? Or can you only run 1 account connected to a hotspot at a time through vmware?

Much appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: vmware network types

Can't figure it out between bridged / NAT / host only
Old 05-01-2015

Longevity: 83%

As far as I know....

If your host PC has only one network connection then all of your VMs will have the same IP. If you want an independent hotspot for three different VMs then you will need separate network connections for each of them. If your hotspots are connected by USB then you can assign one USB connection to each VM.

I have had the host computer connected to the home network and then through the cable modem. The host computer also had a USB wireless adapter that I then connected to the VM. Turn off the normal network connection on the VM and just use the USB connection. The wireless adapter connected to a hotspot.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 05-01-2015
Threadstarter  

thank yoouuuu for input.

What if the hotspots are connected via wifi? Is it possible to have 3 connected mobile hotspots at the same time? Or would I need 3 network cards in the computer to be able to do this?

I'm pretty nooby so I'm slowly trying to understand vmware.
Old 05-02-2015

I am guessing that you want 3 separate VMs (Virtual Machines) to run separate Amazon/eBay accounts. It also sounds like you have 3 separate mobile hotspots like the mifi 2200s? You would need a way to connect each VM to the hotspot. Easiest way to do that IMO is to use 3 USB wireless adapters at about $10 or less each.

Assign one wireless adapter to each VM. To do that you turn on the VM, at the lower right hand corner it should show a list of devices that are on your host PC like USB devices, CD/DVD, network connection, plug in your USB wireless adapter, right click on the new device that shows up, select connect, hopefully your OS will recognize the device and you should be able to connect to your hotspot. You might have to install drivers to run the USB wireless adapter.

If you are just doing eBay accounts then make your life easier and just use different user accounts on the main PC or use different browsers or use portable browsers.
Old 05-02-2015
Banned

Longevity: 58%

I second the portable browser suggestion. This is what I use every time and it both simplifies everything and keeps accounts separate and unlinked as well. It also makes switching between accounts as easy as resetting the hotspot and waiting for a new IP to pop up.
Old 05-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
I am guessing that you want 3 separate VMs (Virtual Machines) to run separate Amazon/eBay accounts. It also sounds like you have 3 separate mobile hotspots like the mifi 2200s? You would need a way to connect each VM to the hotspot. Easiest way to do that IMO is to use 3 USB wireless adapters at about $10 or less each.

Assign one wireless adapter to each VM. To do that you turn on the VM, at the lower right hand corner it should show a list of devices that are on your host PC like USB devices, CD/DVD, network connection, plug in your USB wireless adapter, right click on the new device that shows up, select connect, hopefully your OS will recognize the device and you should be able to connect to your hotspot. You might have to install drivers to run the USB wireless adapter.

If you are just doing eBay accounts then make your life easier and just use different user accounts on the main PC or use different browsers or use portable browsers.
Exactly. And it seems like the only way to do it would be like you mention, using usb wireless adapters, each of which connecting to its own dongle.

What about the MAC issue with vmware? I know through VPN you get a new MAC, but won't each one of your VMware windows, using a dedicated usb wireless adapter/dongle combo, have the same MAC address as the host machine?

Also, what network settings would you need for something like this with 3 dongles and 3 usb network adapters?

Thank youuuu so much finally understanding this lol
Old 05-02-2015

For the VMware network settings for each VM, just delete it. You will be using the USB wireless adapters for the internet.

As far as I know, the only MAC address that can be seen is the final connection to the internet. Like you go from PC to router to the web, the router MAC could be seen. Or if you go from PC to router to VPN, the VPN MAC would be seen. Again, as far as I know the only way for someone like Amazon to to find the MAC of your PC is if you actively allow it. Regardless, if you turn off the network connection settings in VMware then each VM can only connect through the USB wireless adapters and they would have their own MAC.

I know some people will disagree about Amazon being able to see your MAC. I don't believe it is possible unless like I said, you actively allow it using something like activeX.