eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I just tried to list my first item on Ebay on a stealth account and got this.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/85291-i-just-tried-list-my-first-item-ebay-stealth-account-got.html)

stealthninja 04-30-2015 12:23 PM

I just tried to list my first item on Ebay on a stealth account and got this....

I just tried to list my first item on Ebay on a stealth account and got this....

"Contact eBay Customer Service

We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Call us at 1-866-643-1607 and mention security code xxxxxxxxxxx. This is not the same confirmation code to confirm your account.

If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number."

This is an Ebay account I bought a few days ago, and I was listing a LOW risk item, using a NEW windows account, NEW IP Address, I created some history mostly going through and putting about 10-15 items on my "watch list"...

I started the auction at 1 dollar..... the auction is a 10 day auction....

Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks.

plumsake2 04-30-2015 12:51 PM

Re: I just tried to list my first item on Ebay on a stealth account and got this....

Did you happen to delete cookies? That only happens when they suspect that someone unauthorized may be using the account, which most often occurs when you don't have cookies and immediately try to list or edit an item.

This problem can be fixed if you have the original phone on the account, though it's best to contact the person you bought it from first.

Ebayorbust 04-30-2015 12:57 PM

Re: I just tried to list my first item on Ebay on a stealth account and got this....

Quote:

Anyone know what I should do?
Call up as requested. Have all the account information in front of you and hope for the best.

stealthninja 04-30-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 664765)
Did you happen to delete cookies? That only happens when they suspect that someone unauthorized may be using the account, which most often occurs when you don't have cookies and immediately try to list or edit an item.

This problem can be fixed if you have the original phone on the account, though it's best to contact the person you bought it from first.

No I did not delete cookies. I waited at least 2 days and browsed arround ebay putting 10+ items on my watch list.

plumsake2 04-30-2015 01:16 PM

That's a bit strange, but definitely contact the person you bought the account from and ask how they want you to proceed.

Because if you call, they will need to confirm your identity. For this security measure, they can send a text to the phone number on the account to fix it, but if you or the account seller no longer has the phone, then they will try to run the account's info through public records and try to ask questions based off of that. It can be a real nightmare.

Sometimes this problem does simply go away with time though.

stealthninja 04-30-2015 01:23 PM

Yes I have.

Yeah I have around 10+ Stealth Accounts and have never seen this before, so that's why I am trying to figure out what to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 664775)
That's a bit strange, but definitely contact the person you bought the account from and ask how they want you to proceed.

Because if you call, they will need to confirm your identity. For this security measure, they can send a text to the phone number on the account to fix it, but if you or the account seller no longer has the phone, then they will try to run the account's info through public records and try to ask questions based off of that. It can be a real nightmare.

Sometimes this problem does simply go away with time though.

fox20c 04-30-2015 01:33 PM

Call in it wont be a problem. They will ask you 3 or 4 softball questions such as... "Is someone helping you?", "How do you plan to ship?", "How do you plan to take payment?". Super easy stuff and usually takes about 3 minutes.

mufc365 04-30-2015 03:25 PM

Most likely because it's a new account and ebay's system detects that's it's a device that's unrecognisable ie the user account and IP address has never been used before or is considerably different to what it was. That message always comes up when you try selling.

Contact them and they will most likely ask you to confirm the phone number and then send a code which you verify so they can confirm your the account holder

SilentHill 04-30-2015 03:34 PM

Yea I avoid this by creating an inkfrogopen account with each account. This happens when you change your IP and ebay wants a little verification.

stealthninja 05-01-2015 03:11 PM

I have never used inkfrogopen, what is it? Do your accounts come with inkfrogopen?

Oh by the way, I was able to solve the problem. Thanks to everyone here.

oompaloompa 05-01-2015 03:24 PM

inkfrog is just a seperate site that you list through, meaning you do not need to login and they do not see your ip.

auctiva is another one.

Callidus 05-01-2015 03:51 PM

Its usually to do with accessing it on a browser with no cookies or history

gamerguy 05-01-2015 07:16 PM

I always like to buy a few things 10+ first before I list something for sale with the account, but yes, contact the seller.

gamerguy 05-01-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 665039)
inkfrog is just a seperate site that you list through, meaning you do not need to login and they do not see your ip.

auctiva is another one.

so with this being said, would it be safe to say that all sa accounts should have inkfrog or auctiva since they can't see your IP when using either of these??

Dmshark25 05-01-2015 08:55 PM

I have gotten that message a few times, and I just go back to the home screen and than realist the item, everything it went away and I never had any issues

Callidus 05-02-2015 02:36 AM

Some people see it also when they try and revise an already listed item.

Itay 05-02-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthninja (Post 665036)
I have never used inkfrogopen, what is it? Do your accounts come with inkfrogopen?

Oh by the way, I was able to solve the problem. Thanks to everyone here.

It also happened to me in some accounts, when that happens to me I just wait until it disappears.
Would you mind sharing how did you manage to solve it?

oompaloompa 05-04-2015 08:02 AM

inkfrog etc is for when you have accs up and running and is just for listing purposes. You have to create your acc with a real ip and also any non-listing management of acc has to be done on real ip eg. you have to login.

Shekibi 05-04-2015 12:31 PM

The best thing you can do now is to phone them up and verify your personal I formation; it has happened to me multiple times but from my personal experience the only way around it is to call them
Up and pretend to be the person who's name the account is registered on and they will explain fully to you why your account was frozen.

CustomerServiceProTip 05-04-2015 01:03 PM

Sometimes with a new account they like you to call and verify your information, its a standard procedure. Just have your information out in front of you for the questions they might ask you. Such as address, dob ect.

Shhhh 03-28-2017 10:30 PM

I just got the same message myself. I called and they asked a few softball questions like what will you sell and where are you getting the items from. They had me verify my name and email. Just make sure you call from the phone number listed.