eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   First listing and got this weird message (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/85422-first-listing-got-weird-message.html)

jboone733 05-04-2015 02:00 PM

First listing and got this weird message

I posted a used video game i want to get rid of at auction starting at 1.99 and got this. Do I really have to call and talk with these people or what?

We regularly review accounts to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace for our members. As part of our security checks, we sometimes require a seller to contact us so that we can verify their information.

To verify your account, please contact us within the next 48 hours by clicking on the link below (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1505

While we're waiting on your response, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account. This hold will prevent you from listing new items. Also, if you had any active listings, we've removed them, and placed them in your Unsold folder. We credited any associated fees to your account.

Once we verify your account information, you'll be able to start selling again right away. You'll also be able to relist items from your Unsold folder by clicking Relist to the right of the listing.

If you choose not to verify the account, it'll be closed after the waiting period.

Thank you for helping us to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace. We appreciate your help in verifying your account as quickly as possible.
Here are the listings we removed:
261876207350 - MAG (Sony Playstation 3, 2010)

Thanks,

eBay

Callidus 05-04-2015 02:03 PM

Re: First listing and got this weird message

Yes its to verify you and also ask you about the item you listed.

48 hours to call or account is usually permanently suspended

plumsake2 05-04-2015 02:09 PM

Yep, call in. It's really not a big deal. They will ask questions like where did you get your item, how fast will it take you to ship it, are you the only one using the account, etc. Just make sure to seem like a random average guy trying to get rid of stuff around his house and not like a professional and you'll be fine.

The only thing to possibly be worried about is if you used a hot IP address (like a proxy or shared VPN). They will put you on hold and look through your account and if they see something like that then they'll suspend the account permanently.

But as long as you used proper stealth procedures then it'll be an easy call.

Speeder33 05-04-2015 03:24 PM

Nothing to worry about. This is the only time ebay isn't terrible to deal with. They always ask the same questions and just want to make sure everything seems legit.

jboone733 05-04-2015 07:11 PM

Is it because I listed a video game as my first item?

jboone733 05-04-2015 07:39 PM

If it was an IP issue wouldn't I just get banned? I was just experimenting here, Im using the same IP I was banned with before but it hasn't been used on eBay for over 2yrs.

bjammin 05-04-2015 07:58 PM

No, it is not necessarily the video game. You was just the lucky name pulled from the hat, more than likely. If they think something is risky on the first listing, they usually just give you the permaboot.

123 05-05-2015 12:11 AM

As others have stated its usually very easy to pass that message just have your account details ready & answer simple questions about the product

CustomerServiceProTip 05-05-2015 02:22 AM

Yeah that message is just a simple, "hey we want to know who you are". You should be fine just have your details ready to go.

ody12 05-05-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 665962)
Yes its to verify you and also ask you about the item you listed.

48 hours to call or account is usually permanently suspended

I once called in like about a month after and said oh I didn't have the time to call in and they just removed the suspension and they didn't even ask me about the item I listed, I just relisted it and the account was fine

rsot 05-05-2015 10:46 AM

USed video game...perhaps tripped the flags as first sale