Advice on payment error plz? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Advice on payment error plz?

Hi,

I have a problem and have a couple of options t solve it but wanted to bounce the situation off the forum for perspective before I try to resolve the issue.

The account in question is not a stealth, but it is restricted. I won't go into the details, but it was linked to a bad account over a year ago. I am not allowed to list more items...but....I can change quantity available whenever I want. But that it not the problem.

I tried to make a "one time payment" through a good paypal account which has been linked to that ebay account for years. I got an error that said payment did not process. So I just started from scratch (did not back arrow) and tried to make the payment again. This time the ebay page said "payment successful". Great.

Then I go into my paypal account and see that the payment was sent twice. Ebay shows only one payment. It has been over 12 hours.

To boil it down.....I paid ebay twice according to paypal, but according to ebay they only were paid once. The amount is enough to make me want to fix this.

So my question.....Who should I call to get this fixed? I am afraid to get with ebay because they might say "WTF, how is this account not shut down?". If they crush this account it might lead them to my other 12 stealth accounts that are flying under the radar. I hesitate to give the dollar amount because this place is surely infiltrated by ebay spies.

Oh.....how long should I wait? I don't need the money any time soon (or ever, actually) but it is enough to buy family Christmas presents or make a car payment. Hate to let it go when it might only take a couple keystrokes to fix.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Advice on payment error plz?

Usually with double payments they send you a refund or the 2nd amount back. If not only way to get it back is to contact paypal/ebay for the additional balance.
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would wait for 48 hours to see if one of their overnight processes automatically refunds it to PayPal. I would say 24, but since it is a weekend, I would see what happens Monday night if it does not happen tonight.

Failing that, all you can do is call. So it becomes a decision as to whether or not you wasn't to risk the account by calling in. Can you make more money by the account staying open, or is the eBay fee refund the better option?
Old 05-17-2015

Longevity: 72%

I have one restricted EB account that has had $235 for years that I have never been able to get any kind of a refund on.

On other accounts I have had EB return what was obviously a duplicate payment.

I think you should follow Jeff's advice and wait a while and see if it comes back.

If not, I wouldn't call EB, I might try to call PP and ask if they can reverse what was obviously a double payment.

Keep us posted so we know what happens, please.
Old 05-18-2015
Threadstarter  

I put in a note to PP with the problem and got their automated response that they would email me back within 24 hours. That time came adn went...no response. I thought they might have had to coordinate wth EB to see what happened.

I got a survey from PP about my (non) experience. I gave them a couple of bad marks and comments becasue nothing ever happened and it had been a week. Since it was not a stealth PP I thought it would be OK.

About 3 days later I see that I have a credit on my account with EB that definitely reflects that they recognize the second payment. I don't mind carrying a credit. Kinda like a tax refund but I only have to wait a month to have it back.

So all is good except I don't know if my requests made a difference, or if their accounting system made the correction.

thx
Old 05-18-2015

Yeah, that's what I've got, a credit I can never, ever use and that I can't get refunded.

CALL PP and talk to a live person and try and get it reversed out of EB's account.
Old 05-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Using the credit is not going to be a problem. I will burn through that is less than two months easily.

Sorry to hear about your no-refund though.......
Old 05-19-2015

They restricted the account to 'buyer only' status, so it can't be used for fees.

It happens, it was 4+ years ago, but I still get a positive statement every month, just to rub it in.
Old 05-20-2015
Threadstarter  

You know your situation better than I do...but it looks like you can just buy something from WalMart online and then return the thing for a store credit.

Be sure the item is actually in stock in the store you will pick it up from. Order online for in-store pickup, and then return it without a receipt.

It looks like worst case you might have to buy something from yourself (another stealth account) and give up the paypal fees.

Maybe send yourself a "payment to family and friends" with no fees involved?
Old 05-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yeah, that's what I've got, a credit I can never, ever use and that I can't get refunded.

CALL PP and talk to a live person and try and get it reversed out of EB's account.
Doubt anything like that can happen - they are sticklers like that
Old 05-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

There was a person earlier this year/late last year abusing the Walmart online thing so be careful