Ebay banned my stealth linked to unknown Stranger!! I HAVE SEEN IT ALL NOW ! WOW - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Ebay banned my stealth linked to unknown Stranger!! I HAVE SEEN IT ALL NOW ! WOW

Lol well I have seen it all now.

ebay banned one of my stealth and linked it to a account that I have no idea who they are.

they told me the name of the account I was linked to, and said that the other account did not pay their fees and now I had to pay them?!

I ALWAYS PAY MY EBAY FEES ON ANY ACCOUNT

I dont know how this link could have happened considering everything is private and separate from any account. private server ip all info etc.

I have never done business with this other person nor messaged them or any paypal transaction etc. I have no clue who this other person is or what they even were selling

the only thing I can think of is using some keywords on a similar item. or something that could have caused some type of link

I find it hilarious now that their systems are so jacked up on security they are literally linking people to random strangers!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Ebay banned my stealth linked to unknown Stranger!! I HAVE SEEN IT ALL NOW ! WOW

Yeah, it's pretty bad....It almost seems like their just making stuff up and saying "Oh Well"!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
keepongoing (05-12-2015), kittylove (05-15-2015)
Old 05-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Ebay banned my stealth linked to unknown Stranger!! I HAVE SEEN IT ALL NOW ! WOW

maybe they are hoping I will actually pay the other persons fees?! LOL. I just could not believe it. It has happened to someone else I know and the same thing happened. I dont care as I have many but Im like what u gotta be kidding. I am extremely careful and run stealth success for years and wash all pics info etc. even passwords and sec questions differ.

hilarious
Old 05-12-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
maybe they are hoping I will actually pay the other persons fees?! LOL. I just could not believe it. It has happened to someone else I know and the same thing happened. I dont care as I have many but Im like what u gotta be kidding. I am extremely careful and run stealth success for years and wash all pics info etc. even passwords and sec questions differ.

hilarious
It happened to me couple times.
Once i made a phone call and had it restored in 5 minutes.
Worth to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to tannedweekend For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015

Problem is how do you know the stealth name, DOB and/or address doesn't owe eBay fee's?

Similar name/DOB/ZIP code numbers can all cause a link.

Unlucky obviously, but not impossible.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueuk For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-15-2015)
Old 05-12-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post
Problem is how do you know the stealth name, DOB and/or address doesn't owe eBay fee's?

Similar name/DOB/ZIP code numbers can all cause a link.

Unlucky obviously, but not impossible.

In my case i was given EBAY ID i was linked to.
So i made a search using Advanced option - find a seller
And made a look what he was selling, what country was registration
For sure we can see just small part of information, but all was differetn from what i ccould see. So i made a phone call and i was fine.
sure if you have similar infor like categories, keywords,items,pictures or Anything.
You chances are lower
Have lost 1 aco**** as was linked to some stranger also.
Was Noob them, so havent even tried to unlink myself even all looked different from what i saw

For sure i would not recomment to abuse the system and try to unlinke from your own accounts as most likely you will have quite a few STRONG links
but when it comes to strangers, probably worth to try Especialy if all look different from what you can see
Old 05-12-2015
Threadstarter  

thanks for the advice. fully agree anything is possible. as for calling them, I would rather not as to me I can easily just make more. it was a good account while it lasted, just amazed that their programs link strangers. be sad if it was a real account and then you got the forced mail in ID phone bill docs loop. ebay is annoying but once u learn the game its not all that bad.
Old 05-12-2015

Longevity: 65%

The best thing I've seen eBay pull is on one of my early stealth accounts

I had only sold 2 items at roughly £5 each yet I had eBay fee's of £90. No idea where they got that one from but I had to pay them
Old 05-12-2015

Longevity: 54%

So the account they linked you to, was it a NARU'd account or still active with items listed? How many feedback did the account have and when was the creation date?
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
thanks for the advice. fully agree anything is possible. as for calling them, I would rather not as to me I can easily just make more. it was a good account while it lasted, just amazed that their programs link strangers. be sad if it was a real account and then you got the forced mail in ID phone bill docs loop. ebay is annoying but once u learn the game its not all that bad.
ebay try to bluff sellers.

If you like poker, you play.

If you do not like poker, no playing.
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

like they said above are You sure your stealth name didn't owe fees? That does happen.
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Any possibility of phone number link OP?
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Why not call them? What do you have to lose? Are you going to pay the fees to keep the account?

Damned if you choose to do nothing, so might as well try calling them. Quite a few members have reported success calling eBay, and at this point you have nothing to lose.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 05-13-2015 at 03:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-15-2015)
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Maybe this guy will pay the other guys fees

Old 05-15-2015
Threadstarter  

I have many stealths, no need to call them. ebay is annoying and I would rather not. the account ran its course and made me money. yes of course I paid all my ebay fees then I got the rest of my funds out of the account. no I am not going to pay some total strangers fees that I have no clue who they are. I believe they had feedback but nothing listed. I do not know the other person at all as stated. I am shifting some things anyways and just dump the account and move on. Once you know what you are doing it is really not that hard and some dinky flagged stealth aint gonna slow me down. I would rather put the effort of calling into ebay and arguing with them into just creating a new one. Ive called ebay before and that can be problematic as well if you get a crazy energized agent. thats why it is usually not recommended. sure I have had good calls with them but I have bad ones as well, and my 2 cents is too not call them if u absolutely need to.

just some info that may help others

Last edited by keepongoing; 05-15-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Why not call them? What do you have to lose? Are you going to pay the fees to keep the account?

Damned if you choose to do nothing, so might as well try calling them. Quite a few members have reported success calling eBay, and at this point you have nothing to lose.
you can lose time and time is a precious thing. the linkage bothers me and I would rather not deal with problematic accounts. even if I fix it I dont want issues with it down the road.
Old 05-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
you can lose time and time is a precious thing. the linkage bothers me and I would rather not deal with problematic accounts. even if I fix it I dont want issues with it down the road.
I've never spent more than 5 minutes with an eBay rep on the phone. Generally, if an issue is going to take longer to resolve than that, they will call you back later. (their metrics are recorded as well---time on call, etc)

If it isn't worth the 5 minutes to save an account, and you'd rather make ONE brand new account with 0 history, well, good for you, but in my opinion, it's wasteful and you'd be better of saving the good account.

Besides that, if you don't contest the link, eBay will assume they were right, and the next guy/girl to get ⊗⊗⊗⊗-linked is going to have a harder time convincing them otherwise.

Whatever though, not my problem. You obviously think you had everything figured out when you posted, so I fail to see why you bothered soliciting the opinions of others.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-15-2015)
Old 05-16-2015

Longevity: 73%

I had a jackass keep using my pics for his listings then I get same message I was linked to another seller that was banned .. I was P O so I called in waited 10 mins trying to get the right dept then I explained that I only had one account But I did notice that another sellr was using my pics BAM reinstated Its worth a try they are only people some has a chip on the shoulder others are more than willing to help and don't really give a hoot They are only people and ea EB rep is different. Helps to be a people person
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I had a jackass keep using my pics for his listings then I get same message I was linked to another seller that was banned .. I was P O so I called in waited 10 mins trying to get the right dept then I explained that I only had one account But I did notice that another sellr was using my pics BAM reinstated Its worth a try they are only people some has a chip on the shoulder others are more than willing to help and don't really give a hoot They are only people and ea EB rep is different. Helps to be a people person
Random piece of advice not exclusive to stealth:

If I'm every put on hold for longer than 30 seconds, I put my phone on speaker and lay it on my desk next to my computer, and continue doing work while I wait for someone to get back to me. Everyone in this forum is here to make $$$$ and time is money---don't twiddle your thumbs if put on hold, keep working.
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I remember reading few times that eB has sent generic linking messages that were completely false - kind of like a replacement for mc999
Old 05-16-2015

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
if your account is already dead then it does no harm to call....stop being anti-social