eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How much money are you guys making? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86013-how-much-money-you-guys-making.html)

nickh04 05-23-2015 09:35 PM

How much money are you guys making?

Just got done totaling everything up and I learned that I'm making about $500 a week. Not enough to quit my job but I feel like I'm getting close. I make about $17 per item.

How much are you making?

How much do you make per item?

jeffweico 05-23-2015 09:57 PM

Re: How much money are you guys making?

Nobody is going to answer this question seriously.

Some people on the forums make a living selling online. For others, it is a side business. You can DEFINITELY make a living selling online if you put the effort into it. It all depends on what you want to do.

When I started selling, I was in love with my ONE category. I didn't branch out. Later on, I decided that I was running an online SALES company. Now, I don't care WHAT I sell (as long as it is legal) as long as it is profitable. I have exploited dozens, probably HUNDREDS of niches. One niche can bring me anywhere between $50 and $5,000 per month in profit. Most are in the $300 - $500 range. It all adds up.

I always recommend that people find their own niches, because it is VERY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE ON PRICE! eBay is the MOST COMPETITIVE marketplace in the world.

And when you DO find a profitable niche, people tend to follow you - monkey see, monkey do. I learned pretty quickly that I needed to spread my products over several accounts to avoid detection by my competitors. I realized this one day when I lost 4 or 5 profitable niches in a few days time. People would watch me and then when they saw that I had listed something new, they would start selling it too. I was spending 5, 10, 15 hours of research finding a niche and these other people were just piggybacking off of my work. Of course, then it is a race to the bottom, price-wise.

I am an adult living in the USA, with adult American bills. But on eBay, you are competing with college kids looking to fund their next beer bash and people from other countries, where $500 extra a month means living in luxury. They can afford to take less profit because they don't have the bills that I have. So, I started spreading my new listings over multiple accounts and the problem was fixed. Eventually, people will find a niche that you are in - there is nothing you can do about that - but I like to have at least a few weeks of good sales before I have to become the discount king!

The good news is, there are MILLIONS of products that you can sell. Find a product that few people are selling but that have a reasonable sales volume. Differentiate yourself with your customer service, or any other value you can add. Do that over and over, and soon you have a real business. But you can't get lazy, or your profits will fade away. You have to ALWAYS be looking for that next product.

Don't bother with those $19.99 wholesale lists - they are worthless. Don't look for fantasies like the secret source of $100 iPhones, because they DO NOT EXIST! I recommend staying away from counterfeits and electronics. Counterfeits because your accounts will be closed and you could go to jail. And electronics, because they have notoriously low profit margins and returns can eat away your profits VERY QUICKLY! But everyone seems to have dreams of becoming the biggest Apple Product seller on eBay. I always get the question "where can I buy Apple products real cheap?" and the answer is YOU CAN'T. Apple does not have fire sales, they do not do liquidations and closeouts and even the big sellers like Best Buy make very little when they sell Apple stuff. You need to find products that are NOT super-popular.

Nyco 05-23-2015 10:40 PM

LMAO No One is going to answer this question becuase it varies. plus your going to get alot of ppl to give you advice but there not gonna tell you exactly what you need to know lol

Hotspur999 05-23-2015 10:59 PM

Yes, no one will give you details about what they're earning. Although I would recommend not quitting your job until eBay profits are comfortably covering all bills, and you have some backup funds stashed away for whenever you need them.

MM78 05-23-2015 11:15 PM

I make $255,000 a Day.....and I don't even sell on Ebay or Amazon. I get paid to be on the forum, I get paid per response....."cha-ching".

Taking The Micky 05-23-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 671796)
I make $255,000 a Day.....and I don't even sell on Ebay or Amazon. I get paid to be on the forum, I get paid per response....."cha-ching".

Thought that was RSOT......

jeffweico 05-23-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Wait a sec... I'm gonna need to talk to Aspkin... :pound:

MM78 05-23-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 671800)
Wait a sec... I'm gonna need to talk to Aspkin... :pound:

Sorry, this position is for 1 person only and I had the lowest bid....

yaBeh8ater 05-24-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 671802)
Sorry, this position is for 1 person only and I had the lowest bid....

its called bull****.

Nyco 05-24-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

i made $5,489.99 pennies in 48 hours ... hahaha isnt that how the internet marketers adds go... boy they love selling Lies over at the Warrior Forum hahaha

rsot 05-24-2015 02:10 AM

Quote:

MM78 is the ponziboss - he's got ponzi'ing mastered - he gets his cut off of everyone.

OP...you are smart to start giving him a cut now before he takes it all... :d

123 05-24-2015 02:24 AM

Jeff's response is priceless, take it to heart

yotano211 05-24-2015 02:36 AM

I make enough to drive around in a pimped out stock Prius
http://s12.postimg.org/6y6sx7yx5/201..._barn_door.jpg
People are always jealous of my sexsex

Haidukken 05-24-2015 03:48 AM

Quote:

Is that all? Damn, I thought your package would be better. Even I earn more than you... Maybe you should get in touch with BigBoss and see what the **** is up?
I mean, at least try to work some sort of Jaffa Cakes based bonus angle, rite?

Lost in the Supermarket 05-24-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

WAIT! I have been sending my $5 per post fee to RSOT!

MM78 05-24-2015 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket (Post 671879)
WAIT! I have been sending my $5 per post fee to RSOT!

Yes, RSOT collects for me...one of many people who collect for me....

GreenBean 05-24-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 671882)
Yes, RSOT collects for me...one of many people who collect for me....

You getting those wee brown envelopes signed panhandlersinc?

Man. I need to adjust the royalties again... The hamsters are being conned

:noidea:

rsot 05-24-2015 07:58 AM

Ponziboss breaks legs :eek: so I had to comply

nickh04 05-24-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 671772)
Nobody is going to answer this question seriously.

Some people on the forums make a living selling online. For others, it is a side business. You can DEFINITELY make a living selling online if you put the effort into it. It all depends on what you want to do.

When I started selling, I was in love with my ONE category. I didn't branch out. Later on, I decided that I was running an online SALES company. Now, I don't care WHAT I sell (as long as it is legal) as long as it is profitable. I have exploited dozens, probably HUNDREDS of niches. One niche can bring me anywhere between $50 and $5,000 per month in profit. Most are in the $300 - $500 range. It all adds up.

I always recommend that people find their own niches, because it is VERY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE ON PRICE! eBay is the MOST COMPETITIVE marketplace in the world.

And when you DO find a profitable niche, people tend to follow you - monkey see, monkey do. I learned pretty quickly that I needed to spread my products over several accounts to avoid detection by my competitors. I realized this one day when I lost 4 or 5 profitable niches in a few days time. People would watch me and then when they saw that I had listed something new, they would start selling it too. I was spending 5, 10, 15 hours of research finding a niche and these other people were just piggybacking off of my work. Of course, then it is a race to the bottom, price-wise.

I am an adult living in the USA, with adult American bills. But on eBay, you are competing with college kids looking to fund their next beer bash and people from other countries, where $500 extra a month means living in luxury. They can afford to take less profit because they don't have the bills that I have. So, I started spreading my new listings over multiple accounts and the problem was fixed. Eventually, people will find a niche that you are in - there is nothing you can do about that - but I like to have at least a few weeks of good sales before I have to become the discount king!

The good news is, there are MILLIONS of products that you can sell. Find a product that few people are selling but that have a reasonable sales volume. Differentiate yourself with your customer service, or any other value you can add. Do that over and over, and soon you have a real business. But you can't get lazy, or your profits will fade away. You have to ALWAYS be looking for that next product.

Don't bother with those $19.99 wholesale lists - they are worthless. Don't look for fantasies like the secret source of $100 iPhones, because they DO NOT EXIST! I recommend staying away from counterfeits and electronics. Counterfeits because your accounts will be closed and you could go to jail. And electronics, because they have notoriously low profit margins and returns can eat away your profits VERY QUICKLY! But everyone seems to have dreams of becoming the biggest Apple Product seller on eBay. I always get the question "where can I buy Apple products real cheap?" and the answer is YOU CAN'T. Apple does not have fire sales, they do not do liquidations and closeouts and even the big sellers like Best Buy make very little when they sell Apple stuff. You need to find products that are NOT super-popular.

http://1funny.com/wp-content/uploads.../calm-down.jpg

I appreciate your half a page response, and the advice, but all I was wondering was a dollar ammount. $1000 a day/month/year? How come you guys are all self conscious about your income, let alone on an internet forum. Give me a break who cares. Just wanted to see some dollar amounts that I could use for motivation.

yankee 05-24-2015 09:32 PM

Ones persons goals and objectives may very easily be different from someone else. I have first hand experience on this forum discussing loose numbers. It is not worth expressing this.

We have members grossing 1 million monthly but what is the NET?

How is this info useful to you?

MM78 05-24-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh04 (Post 672019)
How come you guys are all self conscious about your income, let alone on an internet forum.

Because it's really none of anyone's business, just like when people ask the following 2 questions (which have been asked to death):
1. Who can share their suppliers?
2. What do you people sell?
These 2 including how much we make has been asked to death! At the end of the day, do we really want to answer these 3 questions again...and again....and again? Naw.

Quote:

Give me a break who cares.
Very well put!

Quote:

Just wanted to see some dollar amounts that I could use for motivation.
Motivation? I think any dollar amount is motivation enough.

GhostOfAmazon 05-24-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh04 (Post 671770)
Just got done totaling everything up and I learned that I'm making about $500 a week. Not enough to quit my job but I feel like I'm getting close. I make about $17 per item.

How much are you making?

How much do you make per item?

There are only two answers to this question:

"Enough" or "Not enough".

Your job is to make sure YOUR answer is the first. Don't worry about anyone else's business.