eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How do you guys make a sub living out of selling on ebay ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86067-how-do-you-guys-make-sub-living-out-selling-ebay.html)

optroll 05-26-2015 08:25 AM

How do you guys make a sub living out of selling on ebay ?

Whats up guys,

im not looking to making a full time job but a part time, i was browsing and couldn't help notice you guys were selling a lot of stuff and making some decent money, do you guys buy goods and resell or how is it that you constantly have stock to resell ?

Im quite interested in starting my online selling business.

ilcarletto 05-26-2015 08:44 AM

Re: How do you guys make a sub living out of selling on ebay ?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

How do you think it works? Do you have some ideas?

Did you try to spend some time, hours, days in understanding how sellers do on eBay before coming in here?

optroll 05-26-2015 10:12 AM

I've sold some items but they're my own, I know some people buy v wholesale but want to know more.

ilcarletto 05-26-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optroll (Post 672453)
I've sold some items but they're my own, I know some people buy v wholesale but want to know more.

What do you want to know? Sources? Nobody is going to tell you that.

It depends on the category of the item. For clothing and other stuff you get wholesale. If you sell jewels or rare stamps you will hardly get a wholesale.

Dropshipping is also an option but can work or not depending on the item and the source.

nickh04 05-26-2015 04:14 PM

Hey man,

Start with alibaba.com and look for some products you can make a profit on. Just keep going back to ebay to check and see what the product is selling for. Make sure you factor in shipping costs and ebay/paypal fees. That's what a lot of us eBay sellers do.

There is also a way to make money from garage sales, thrift stores, goodwill etc.

It's pretty fun just remember, BUY LOW, SELL HIGH

GhostOfAmazon 05-26-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh04 (Post 672524)
Hey man,

Start with alibaba.com and look for some products you can make a profit on. Just keep going back to ebay to check and see what the product is selling for. Make sure you factor in shipping costs and ebay/paypal fees. That's what a lot of us eBay sellers do.

There is also a way to make money from garage sales, thrift stores, goodwill etc.

It's pretty fun just remember, BUY LOW, SELL HIGH

Says the guy who's already asked the same question the OP did....LOL!

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ys-making.html

jeffweico 05-26-2015 09:35 PM

It's really very simple. Find a product you would like to sell, find a wholesale source that has pricing that will allow you to be competitive and sell. If their price is too high, either try to negotiate or find another supplier. If you can't, then move on to the next item.

Nobody bats 100% when it comes to finding wholesalers. Sometimes we find a good one and sometimes we don't. You just have to keep trying. You WILL find them.

GhostOfAmazon 05-26-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 672572)
It's really very simple. Find a product you would like to sell, find a wholesale source that has pricing that will allow you to be competitive and sell. If their price is too high, either try to negotiate or find another supplier. If you can't, then move on to the next item.

Nobody bats 100% when it comes to finding wholesalers. Sometimes we find a good one and sometimes we don't. You just have to keep trying. You WILL find them.

Step 2. Once you find a reliable wholesaler for a product that allows an acceptable profit margin: Keep your mouth shut and don't tell everyone else who your sources are to avoid creating unnecessary competition for yourself.

vogeltron 05-27-2015 04:14 AM

Alibiba items can are often times phake or close to infringing on other brands. Personally I would start selling actual items you can pick up at different garage sales etc not sure what they are called in the U.K. Test the waters keep looking for different opportunities. As you can so many people sell a variety of different things in different categories, etc.

just_smile 05-27-2015 04:37 AM

You should start by selling things you are interested in.

If your passion is pokemon cards, look to source them. If you can sell then for a profit then buy a few and test the water to get a feel for selling online. It definitely helps to know your market when starting off. There is no point trying to source and sell model planes if you don't have a clue about them.

Eventualy other products and niches will reveal themselves. Its a process.

It can be time consuming finding sources and products but It is something every one of us has been through. So good luck.

Taking The Micky 05-27-2015 05:14 AM

To start and try to play the game. Use your smart phone, go to places like ADSA, see whats being cleared out, scan the item, check e bay and amazon price, if there is margin buy a few and see how you go.

notsosureaboutit 05-27-2015 05:51 AM

An cost effective start could be getting some ideas from here: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ard-sales.html

rsot 05-27-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optroll (Post 672453)

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you read through posts. Lots of posts deal with all kinds of wholesale matter

rsot 05-27-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notsosureaboutit (Post 672673)
An cost effective start could be getting some ideas from here: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ard-sales.html

Just fyi - OP needs to be subscribed member to read that

nickh04 05-27-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 672556)
Says the guy who's already asked the same question the OP did....LOL!

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ys-making.html

that thread was started for the sake of a discussion, not because i don't know how you potatoe

optroll 05-27-2015 01:59 PM

Cheers guys, i'm gobsmacked with the amount of help on this forum !

Shekibi 05-29-2015 06:21 AM

Hi,
I have been selling on eBay for a few years.
I easily make £100 profit a day from selling china stock.
You gotta order from Chinese sites like dhgate.com and aliexpress.com so check them out.
I will have to warn you that new sellers tend to not do as well as experienced sellers.
I hope I helped.

GhostOfAmazon 05-29-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shekibi (Post 673153)
Hi,
I have been selling on eBay for a few years.
I easily make £100 profit a day from selling china stock.
You gotta order from Chinese sites like dhgate.com and aliexpress.com so check them out.
I will have to warn you that new sellers tend to not do as well as experienced sellers.
I hope I helped.

And for the love of Pete, if you buy from any Chinese seller, DO NOT buy name brand goods....they are all PHAKE! Doing so is a sure way to lose your account(s).