eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Cheap, proven items to build eb feedback (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86254-cheap-proven-items-build-eb-feedback.html)

RoxJox 06-01-2015 03:19 PM

Cheap, proven items to build eb feedback

Greetings all,I'm new here, and this is my first post, so please go easy on me...lol! This is a GREAT forum, and I just had to subscribe after trolling around for a month or so. I too, have been the subject of 2 eb bans over the last few years for reasons I see are more and more common than I realized. I lost a 13 year aged account in 2012 that had over 10K fb due to slightly low DSR's. Honestly. I currently have 2 stealth accounts that have held up for over a year, though I list VERY low risk stuff, and let them progress at their own rate as eb isn't a primary source of income for me.

Anyway, what I've always found a VERY good item to build buyer, and especially seller fb with is single sports cards. To establish a little buyer fb, bid on any of the .99 auctions with free shipping (there are plenty). Sellers ship in a plain white envelope with a stamp. No tracking information. Wait 4-5 days after you purchase it and leave the seller fb (whether you got it or not) and 99% will return the fb.

Also, browse around the sports card section and make a few non winning bids on higher priced auctions in that category. It establishes search history as a 'collector' in a low risk category.

For selling, I wait till I have at least 1 fb as a buyer of sports cards, and the account has been established at least 30 days. I then list a few cards with a 10 cent opening bid with free shipping. You'll take a loss on these, but in general the sports card collector audience is VERY cheap, and VERY good at returning fb. Especially if they got a great deal.

Just my 2 cents worth, and what has worked for me. I certainly don't profess to be a pro. You guys are!!

notsosureaboutit 06-01-2015 08:24 PM

Re: Cheap, proven items to build eb feedback

Thanks, I think a very nice first post!

Speeder33 06-01-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxJox (Post 674032)
You'll take a loss on these, but in general the sports card collector audience is VERY cheap, and VERY good at returning fb. Especially if they got a great deal.

This is one of the most important things for new sellers to learn. Losing a few bucks in the beginning of an account's life is no big deal. Selling low risk items is a necessity for a strong account.

MM78 06-01-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 674084)
This is one of the most important things for new sellers to learn. Losing a few bucks in the beginning of an account's life is no big deal. Selling low risk items is a necessity for a strong account.

That's right....take a look at Chinese Sellers.....They literally give stuff away in the beginning to build up feedback, etc.

RoxJox 06-01-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 674084)

VERY true words, Speeder33. I compare it to the brick and mortar world of wining and dining a prospective client out of my pocket...in hopes of securing long term business and the rainbow at the end. It's just a cost of doing business.

RoxJox 06-02-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 674085)
That's right....take a look at Chinese Sellers.....They literally give stuff away in the beginning to build up feedback, etc.

You bring up another good point MM78, and jogged my memory from a couple of years ago. There are MANY Chinese sellers in the bus and industrial catagory that sell .99 items like 3.5mm audio connectors, headphone plugs, and the like...that actually post buyer fb instantly after payment was made.

Who cares if you actually receive the item! I've done this numerous times. They are always sent in an 'e-packet' from China, with no tracking information and usually take 2 weeks or so to arrive in the US.

If they leave instant fb, and you wait a couple of weeks and leave fb for them...it would seem this appears to eb as a completed buyer/seller transaction. I'm not sure how much weight it carries with the powers that be, and it certainly should be spaced out over 30 days or so, but it has worked for me several times if done responsibly.

Just an idiot's opinion.

rsot 06-02-2015 04:09 AM

Or craft your own items for sale and feedback :)