How to hide sold record from other seller? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Question How to hide sold record from other seller?

How do I not let other people see my sold record.

Normally we can click on the figure like "53 sold" "150 sold" and we will be able to see on which date and how many was sold.

Now we can't access some of the big sellers. How did they do it?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks a lot
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: How to hide sold record from other seller?

Mark your listings as private when creating the listing, there is an option on the first page when creating your listing I think after the description
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-10-2015), joesshooze (06-14-2015), rsot (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Mark your listings as private when creating the listing, there is an option on the first page when creating your listing I think after the description
Note that this will make feedback private as well. To some buyers this can look suspicious (why are you hiding what items you're selling?) usually this is only implemented by people selling embarrassing products (sex related stuff, etc) or phakes.

I'm not saying that by using this feature you're doing anything wrong, I'm just giving my opinion on how it looks to a third party.
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I agree with GhostOfAmazon. I used this years ago when I sold adult videos, because back then it showed the buyer-id and I didn't think that buyers of this stuff would appreciate their id showing they bought adult stuff.

I have seen sellers use this in certain instances where it might be prudent to limit that information. But I would avoid buying general merchandise from anyone using private feedback. I always think - what is it that they don't want me to read?
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

When listing an item, under the price and quantity option you can add options "Make this a private listing" so when it sells your feedback just shows the buyer ID and their comments. It won't show the item # or description/title anymore.

Personally I use private feedback on every account and it doesn't slow my sales down. Having 100% feedback helps too.
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I agree with GhostOfAmazon. I used this years ago when I sold adult videos, because back then it showed the buyer-id and I didn't think that buyers of this stuff would appreciate their id showing they bought adult stuff.

I have seen sellers use this in certain instances where it might be prudent to limit that information. But I would avoid buying general merchandise from anyone using private feedback. I always think - what is it that they don't want me to read?
That's exactly what I'm saying.

If you aren't selling something that your buyers wouldn't want others to know they purchased, making your details private just looks suspicious to potential buyers.

Like Jeff said, if it were general merchandise, *I* would NOT purchase from you for that reason alone.
Old 06-11-2015

The option I'm talking about doesn't hide the feedback just keeps the buyer private , so u can read the feedback u just can't see the item sold
Old 06-11-2015

Longevity: 57%

Better figure out how to hide that stuff... I know this is one of the things i look at when im investigating a new niche to enter. If i notice a few guys selling tons...i start watching the niche to see if its worth taking
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Better figure out how to hide that stuff... I know this is one of the things i look at when im investigating a new niche to enter. If i notice a few guys selling tons...i start watching the niche to see if its worth taking
You can easily see what the seller is selling its just more privacy for the buyer, you can't see the actual item they purchased
Old 06-11-2015

Longevity: 78%

I'm sure there is an option where you can allow the buyer to sellect if they wish to be private.

There is also a way to hide your sales from sites like goofbid or whatever it is called now, as I have seen it done by smaller sellers on other forums, as their claims of a great ebay were becoming embarising when goofbid was showing what was really happening with their accounts and sales. Do not know how they did it so supsect it was through ebay
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You can easily see what the seller is selling its just more privacy for the buyer, you can't see the actual item they purchased
I'm fairly certain we're talking about the same thing...

What I'm referring to, when feedback is left, you can't see anything---not item price, not item title, nothing, just the feedback rating, and comment.

If you're referencing something different, please elaborate, because I would like to start using it myself.