eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   MAC or PC (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86862-mac-pc.html)

mat_tz 06-22-2015 04:35 PM

MAC or PC

Which would be better for managing multiple stealth accounts- Mac or PC?

From my understanding, eb and pp do not track MAC addresses thus no need to make multiple user accounts, clear history, etc. just log in with no worries and manage your stealth accounts. However pp and eb do recognize user addresses associated with a PC thus different user logins, clear history etc. is needed.

I understand that the IP would have to be changed out with both PC and MAC but taking the above into consideration, I would assume that a MAC would be more convenient for managing stealth accounts?

Please list any pros/cons of either MAC vs PC when it comes to managing stealth accounts.

MM78 06-22-2015 04:39 PM

Re: MAC or PC

Managing Multiple Stealths is equally fine on both Mac & PC.....It's just a matter of availability and how comfortable one is using either one.

jeffweico 06-22-2015 05:15 PM

Ummm... When you see forum posts talking about the MAC address, they don't mean MACINTOSH, as in Apple. They are talking about a Media Access Control address, and both PC's and The Apple MAC have them. Your PC has one, and so does your router and any wireless devices such as printers have them as well. Each MAC address is set at the factory and they do not change, although it IS possible to use software to spoof them.

Using a Macintosh computer does NOT mean that you don't have to follow the stealth rules. For more information on MAC addresses, I suggest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

123 06-23-2015 12:01 AM

Just a matter of preference, generally speaking some software is more easily available on Windows but in general you can get everything to work on MAC

should also look into vmware for managing multiple accounts

hodgesdavid684 06-23-2015 12:22 AM

I vouch for Mac, more stable than Windows in my opinion.

tannedweekend 06-23-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat_tz (Post 679661)
Which would be better for managing multiple stealth accounts- Mac or PC?

From my understanding, eb and pp do not track MAC addresses thus no need to make multiple user accounts, clear history, etc. just log in with no worries and manage your stealth accounts. However pp and eb do recognize user addresses associated with a PC thus different user logins, clear history etc. is needed.

I understand that the IP would have to be changed out with both PC and MAC but taking the above into consideration, I would assume that a MAC would be more convenient for managing stealth accounts?

Please list any pros/cons of either MAC vs PC when it comes to managing stealth accounts.

Both work perfect for Stealth. No big pros or cons
Whatever you find easier to use really.
Had both running. No issues.

H4ck 06-23-2015 08:45 PM

I prefer PC.

Because I used PC all my life.

rsot 06-23-2015 09:18 PM

PC is simple and straight forward to work with in my opinion

ebayerOG 06-24-2015 03:32 AM

depends on how many user profiles you want

I ran into troubles on a mac when I managed over 15. You can no longer log out and select the users at the end of the alphabetical order - the user selection screen maxes out with no scrolling left. So you're left fast-switching which can be sketchy.

less than 15 accounts? mac all the way :)

slokor 06-24-2015 11:39 AM

I prefer the PC for the ease of use with multiple user accounts.
I run hundreds of user accounts on one of my PCs (400 to be exact) and have never had an issue using Windows 7.
Heard Mac has issues with higher numbers of user accounts but have never explored using it personally.

empirestate 06-24-2015 02:29 PM

Go with PC all the way. You can thank me later.