New Account Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-22-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Unhappy New Account Suspended

Background: I have a personal account that I have open for 2+ years. I decided to open up a separate account for a business that I was going to start. Unfortunately, I opened it up on 06/19 and when I posted something on 06/21 they suspended it indefinitely.

Question 1:
Why would they suspend my account if my first account was a top rated account?

Question 2:
Will my first account get affected?
P.S. After my suspension I have not logged into my personal account. I was thinking of wiping my flash cookies and then changing my modem with Time Warner (for a new IP address) and then logging in.

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-22-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 102
Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (3)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

whatever you do.... try not to link your good account to that suspended one...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,295
Thanks: 2,488
Thanked 2,832 Times in 2,076 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

What was the reason for suspension? Did you call ebay?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What was the reason for suspension? Did you call ebay?
Assuming you mean call to ask why they suspended his account, because it's clear he didn't call eBay prior to the suspension....

And based on the OP's post, my guess is that he didn't call eBay because if he did, he would probably know why his account was closed.

More than likely, your business information couldn't be verified. Calling eBay MIGHT resolve the issue, but given that you have a real account, I wouldn't bother. Just make a new STEALTH account (a personal, not business) and move on with your life.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,295
Thanks: 2,488
Thanked 2,832 Times in 2,076 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Assuming you mean call to ask why they suspended his account, because it's clear he didn't call eBay prior to the suspension....

And based on the OP's post, my guess is that he didn't call eBay because if he did, he would probably know why his account was closed.

More than likely, your business information couldn't be verified. Calling eBay MIGHT resolve the issue, but given that you have a real account, I wouldn't bother. Just make a new STEALTH account (a personal, not business) and move on with your life.
Just to be clear, sometimes, some of us ask questions to make someone think lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Just to be clear, sometimes, some of us ask questions to make someone think lol
lol duly noted.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Did you browse before trying to list an item?
Did you bid before trying to list an item?
Did you message sellers and ask questions before trying to list an item?
Did you fully verify the Paypal account before trying to list an item?
Did you....

Your details are insufficient for a sufficient answer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 148
Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Did you browse before trying to list an item?
Did you bid before trying to list an item?
Did you message sellers and ask questions before trying to list an item?
Did you fully verify the Paypal account before trying to list an item?
Did you....

Your details are insufficient for a sufficient answer.
Doing any doesn't make your account get suspended. I've made an ebay account and just listed right away without an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 88
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksales27 View Post
Question 1:
Why would they suspend my account if my first account was a top rated account?


Sounds like you used the same IP and other info
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy View Post
Sounds like you used the same IP and other info
You're allowed to have multiple eBay accounts so long as the other accounts are in good standing.

This would not have caused a suspension.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-23-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 64,226
Thanks: 4,984
Thanked 7,807 Times in 7,133 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

First account could be affected in time if there is a link
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-23-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
First account could be affected in time if there is a link
Agreed. This is why I advised OP to stop using the suspended account forever and simply make a new stealth account.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-23-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

I just posted on the item on the site. I didn't browse or anything of that sort.

How long until the first account is affected? I'm not sure if the accounts are linked. I used the same phone number and address and the IP address is the same. However, I haven't logged into the new account after creating the new account.

I spoke to eBay yesterday and they told me I was a risk. I was surprised because I told them I was a top rated seller on my old account. They mentioned to me that it is probably because of the item I listed. They hinted that it's priced way below market. I told that I actually priced the item $20-$40 above current selling price. They asked me for example item numbers and I gave it to them. They told me a supervisor is going to get back to me but they haven't yet.

Any other advise on what to do? I just wanted to set up a business account on eBay. I have to say they are the worst to deal with.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-23-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Any advice to try to keep my personal account would be appreciated.

Again, I haven't logged in. I changed the phone number on the account but not the address.

I have to re-read the Stealth Book to see what program it suggests to remove the flash cookies and then I will be changing my modem to get a new IP.

How does that sound?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-23-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksales27 View Post
I just posted on the item on the site. I didn't browse or anything of that sort.

How long until the first account is affected? I'm not sure if the accounts are linked. I used the same phone number and address and the IP address is the same. However, I haven't logged into the new account after creating the new account.
You are DEFINITELY linked. 1000%. Your account could be shut-down tomorrow....or perhaps never. There's no rhyme or reason.

DO NOT remove cookies, change IP, or anything of the sort. YOU ARE LINKED! Changing details now would look VERY suspicious.

Quote:
I spoke to eBay yesterday and they told me I was a risk. I was surprised because I told them I was a top rated seller on my old account. They mentioned to me that it is probably because of the item I listed. They hinted that it's priced way below market. I told that I actually priced the item $20-$40 above current selling price. They asked me for example item numbers and I gave it to them. They told me a supervisor is going to get back to me but they haven't yet.

Any other advise on what to do? I just wanted to set up a business account on eBay. I have to say they are the worst to deal with.
Create a new STEALTH account and forget about your silly "Business" account. Quit logging into the suspended account. Quit calling about it. Just hope they don't see it fit to ban your real account for your ignorance and be glad you're still able to sell.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-23-2015
MU
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Getting a new modem seems extreme. You can call up your internet provider and ask for a new IP address or you can simply leave your router unplugged for 24 hours and it might allocate a new IP for you.
Clearing cookies wont help. You would need to REFORMAT your entire drive.
NEVER EVER use the same browser for two accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-23-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXLM View Post
Getting a new modem seems extreme. You can call up your internet provider and ask for a new IP address or you can simply leave your router unplugged for 24 hours and it might allocate a new IP for you.
Clearing cookies wont help. You would need to REFORMAT your entire drive.
NEVER EVER use the same browser for two accounts.
You seem to have missed the point.....

OP is already linked, without any doubt.

Doing ANYTHING to change his identity at this point is moot....the accounts share the same phone # and address.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-23-2015
MU
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You seem to have missed the point.....

OP is already linked, without any doubt.

Doing ANYTHING to change his identity at this point is moot....the accounts share the same phone # and address.

I know.

Hopefully its just due to some missing info on his part.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-24-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You are DEFINITELY linked. 1000%. Your account could be shut-down tomorrow....or perhaps never. There's no rhyme or reason.

DO NOT remove cookies, change IP, or anything of the sort. YOU ARE LINKED! Changing details now would look VERY suspicious.



Create a new STEALTH account and forget about your silly "Business" account. Quit logging into the suspended account. Quit calling about it. Just hope they don't see it fit to ban your real account for your ignorance and be glad you're still able to sell.
So my modem's IP lease gets renewed on the 27th. I haven't yet logged in to the good account or the suspended account.

Since I still have the good account, how would I log into it? What should I do?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
Thanks: 16
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksales27 View Post
So my modem's IP lease gets renewed on the 27th. I haven't yet logged in to the good account or the suspended account.

Since I still have the good account, how would I log into it? What should I do?
If you are willing to use the same computer.

Format your PC/LAPTOP and change the ip and your good to go to use the good account.

With out doing this , you good account might also get suspended.

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-24-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,977
Thanks: 520
Thanked 723 Times in 521 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar4evr View Post
If you are willing to use the same computer.

Format your PC/LAPTOP and change the ip and your good to go to use the good account.

With out doing this , you good account might also get suspended.

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP
THIS IS BAD ADVICE! QUIT GIVING OUT BAD ADVICE!

THE OPS ACCOUNTS SHARE THE SAME ADDRESS AND PHONE #. HE IS LINKED.

Don't change ANYTHING or you'll dig a deeper hole.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2015
ebayerOG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 83
Thanks: 56
Thanked 68 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (6)
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG
Default Re: New Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar4evr View Post
If you are willing to use the same computer.

Format your PC/LAPTOP and change the ip and your good to go to use the good account.

With out doing this , you good account might also get suspended.

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP

best advice to keep the account in good standing if it has a chance

if it doesn't have a chance, then it doesn't have a chance regardless and you go stealth

if you would like to try to make it work, this is the best way
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ebay account suspended for a year ...paypal suspended forever dreamzilla PayPal Talk 6 06-27-2014 12:58 PM
eBay account suspended indefinitely now linked account suspended too eby eBay Suspensions 3 07-04-2013 03:39 PM
Can selling similar items as my old suspended account cause me to be suspended mxrider241 eBay Suspensions 10 03-27-2012 10:54 PM
Power Seller account suspended due to link to another suspended account!! dreameR.78 UK eBay & Paypal 9 08-22-2009 09:59 AM
good account linked to suspended account got suspended please help!! hootiewoods eBay Suspensions 5 11-08-2008 06:56 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts