How Do You Repair An Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default How Do You Repair An Account

How do you get out of what i call the "Downward Spiral Black Hole"

By that i mean when your account is all shiny apple green but is being forecasted to go into Devils Red, can you pull out of that nose dive?, cause even when you hit that below standard, you will find out that you are still forecasted as being below standard for the next month.Also they hit you with the Global DSR rating in that year

Above all, you quantity you are able to list goes down sharply by around 80 percent in some cases. So wanted to know opinions

Should one just list items at e.g. $1 or £1 and just try and hope that the feedback saves you and generate more sales?

Should one just leave the account to cool?

Opinions
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: How Do You Repair An Account

I would say that you should figure out why your account went Below Standard. You could try to list a ton of items at low price and hope it does it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
revenge (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Try to avoid that first nasty....

Be a lert.

The country always needs more lerts.

Simply I am trying to say keep on top of your selling game and do whatever you must to keep on top.

Take no prisoners....

Good Luck
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The problem is, it takes a lot of good sales (96+) to offset ONE bad sale. So, the best thing to do is to not allow the account to take all the hits in the first place.

Having said that, using low cost items to build your good sales can work, AS LONG AS you ship quickly and make sure the products are not bad products.
Old 06-24-2015

Longevity: 82%

How much are you willing to spend and sacrifice? You have to buy many cheap items and sell them but you probably shouldn't focus on making a profit out these items. Also, as soon as you get a return request call the customer, leave voicemails, email them and refund them. Keep them happy. Accept all returns. Also, use follow up emails after sales. A good seller will perform as a good seller regardless of customers b.s. Good sellers focus on reputation because that equal sales. Lousy sellers don't accept returns and debate with customers. They also don't know their rights as eBay sellers (seller protection & ebay policy) and have unfair strains that are removable on their selling history.

Reminds me of a seller who didn't want to accept a return, argue with the customer and eBay let the buyer keep the item and refund because the seller was making a big deal over a $97 phone. Now he wants to take eBay ti court over this $97 phone... I never had this experience with eBay nor PayPal.
Old 06-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenge View Post
How much are you willing to spend and sacrifice? You have to buy many cheap items and sell them but you probably shouldn't focus on making a profit out these items. Also, as soon as you get a return request call the customer, leave voicemails, email them and refund them. Keep them happy. Accept all returns. Also, use follow up emails after sales. A good seller will perform as a good seller regardless of customers b.s. Good sellers focus on reputation because that equal sales. Lousy sellers don't accept returns and debate with customers. They also don't know their rights as eBay sellers (seller protection & ebay policy) and have unfair strains that are removable on their selling history.

Reminds me of a seller who didn't want to accept a return, argue with the customer and eBay let the buyer keep the item and refund because the seller was making a big deal over a $97 phone. Now he wants to take eBay ti court over this $97 phone... I never had this experience with eBay nor PayPal.
I couldn't agree more! I cringe when I see posts that someone is willing to fight to the death over a $100 sale. Every decision you make should be a BUSINESS decision! Leave your emotions out of it! You have to ask yourself - even if the buyer is a total scammer - is it worth the $100 to take the hit to my account and possibly draw eBay's attention to me? In most cases, I would say the answer is no.

I understand that many people starting out do not have a lot of money and that losses DO hurt. I have been there - I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth by any means. I have been broker than broke where $10 was the difference between whether or not I could eat that day. But if you have a good, strong account, a couple of good sales should make up for the bad one. Never shoot yourself in the foot by making these things personal.
Old 06-26-2015

Longevity: 58%

open a new one
Old 06-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I see Jeffs point, but I'll also say this: Don't just roll over and give him whatever he wants, because that's what he expects. When a buyer thinks he can walk all over you, he will. The attitude that "my business is more important than the principle" is why these buyers exist in the first place. Sometimes, you HAVE to make a stand for what's right.

By no means am I suggesting you not be a good seller. Always offer excellent customer service. But if your gut tells you your buyer is a scammer, don't just roll over for him. Make him work to steal from you. It's not about emotions, it's about protecting the next guy.
Old 06-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Depending on how bad of a status to repair the account, you can add low end sales with free shipping for fast good feedback.

That being said, backup accounts are a MUST.
Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 63%

when ebay lower your search standing you cant even sell gold for the price of sand.and when you do sell items dirt cheap you attract scummy buyers who dont really want or need the item they just buy item for a bit of fun and they trash your account.
Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 89%

I say fight it.

The last 2 months I have been selling so any low price items, in theory making a loss and on top of that paying more to get out from the 4% bracket.

My UK account is Above Standard..My global is below standard, but on 20th July that would become Above Standard.

Selling low value items is something just has to be done.
In a way, think of a investment, think of you are putting in your money in future business.
I gave my full focus to this account for the last two months.

Saying this...I sold some 1p. These were items, items that I had in hand.
I still got 4 buyers leaving negative feedbacks, and still some cases.
Buyers are such prats at times.

Sell things that you know what would sell quickly. I also list them has auction and BIN. Works

This is real account and get top customer care...The reps in Dublin are helpful. I had so many defects taken off.

Needs work and time and dedication but you would succeed

Good luck