eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Confronting a buyer in person, The Ebay Fantasy. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86923-confronting-buyer-person-ebay-fantasy.html)

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 07:31 PM

Confronting a buyer in person, The Ebay Fantasy.

Alright now I haven't done this myself, just yet.

I got this guy who left me negative on a newish account that I spent ALOT of time working on. I did get the negative removed, after the 4th rep I talked to.
:clap:

The guy after buying it immediately sent me a message "when are you shipping this"? I replied back thinking okay hes impatient w/e...

Well he then gets the item and then says I lied about the listing blah blah blah.
I respond to him via ebay message and ask why would you give me a negative, did I offend you etc. etc.

He replies back almost instantly which kinda leads me to believe he just is one of those negative human beings that wants to spread the negativity to whomever he is contact with. He keeps messaging me but I won't respond to him because I know he just wants to argue which is pointless. I did block him but as we all know once a message is started they can always still message even when blocked.

:doh:

Now hes only about 1 1/2 hour away from where I live. I'm VERY tempted to take a bus out to his home and just confront him and see what happens. I know we ALL have had this fantasy in one way or another..

He made me waste 3 hours out of my day and it would be VERY rewarding to see him coward in front of me if I do this.

Has ANYONE ever done this?

I don't have intentions to have anything become physical, I just would like to have man to man conversation ....without a computer to hide behind :bounce:

jeffweico 06-24-2015 07:34 PM

Re: Confronting a buyer in person, The Ebay Fantasy.

I would advise against it. Nothing good can come of it. Ignore him and he will go away.

wtfebay 06-24-2015 07:47 PM

Of course we all want to do that kind of thing now and then...but I would let it go. If you show up to his door, it can get messy real fast. Whether or not you want it to become physical, it can happen quick and youll be the one spending an over nighter.

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 07:55 PM

Were both bordering our states.

I'm full stealth so IF I did confront him...he'd be filling a report on, ...wait who again?

Haha

IDK...

I know someone on here has done it though. I just can't remember the thread where I saw it.

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 07:59 PM

I just sent him the only response I will send..

"You know...

I'm only a bus ride away from you, I think I might just stop by and give you the money back in person.

:)

It would be very rewarding to see the person behind the computer."

Curious to see if he even responds.

I just made his night probably. Its the type of person that loves it when they get under your skin...

Oh well.

Its fun to play out how it would go if I did see him. Truly is EVERY sane eBay sellers fantasy. Because if you sell on eBay....you are BOUND to get someone like this, its inevitable.

Actually its inevitable in every business but because its on eBay they can hind behind eBays protection.

:croc:

jeffweico 06-24-2015 08:05 PM

That could easily lose you the account. It may make you feel better momentarily, but it will cost you business-wise. Again, nothing good can come of this.

Here are a few scenarios:
  • You go there, he is a lot bigger than you and beats the crap out of you.
  • You start pounding on him, his wife calls the cops and you get arrested
  • You beat the crap out of him and he gets your license plate number, the police investigate
  • You end up having to pay a lawyer and go to court over this
  • Your account is closed and you lose the money from that account
  • The guy gives the cops your stealth information and sets off an investigation
Is it worth a few minutes of pleasure? We have all had buyers that we wish were in front of us so we could pound some sense into them. This is best left as a fantasy.

GhostOfAmazon 06-24-2015 08:38 PM

Yes....I've certainly fantasized about showing up to a buyers address who left me feedback.

However, really only on Amazon, because there, you HAVE to be below 1% Order Defect Rate, or you lose the account.

Back when I had ONE Amazon account I depended on to make rent, buy food, etc....there were SEVERAL instances where I considered "visiting" a buyer, not to confront them, but to pretty much make a case saying "Hey, I'm just a guy, this is how I pay my bills, ODR, etc etc etc." so they would remove the feedback.

I ended up getting each and every one removed one way or another though, so I never actually did that. This is before I discovered stealth.

However, I have to agree with everyone else: It's an STEALTH account on EBAY. You can make as many as you want, it's easy. No harm no foul. Just let it go. If this were Amazon and you didn't know about stealth, the situation would be a little different, but given eBays comparatively liberal stance, and that you have several other accounts, it's not worth the hassle. Don't give this jerk the time of day. Let him be a little brat and through his fit. Keep his money AND his negative feedback, and you'll be the real winner here, because YOU still have his cash.

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 08:48 PM

Jeff,

Where is the scenario where I "pound him"... take his girl and run off with his millions.

:lol:

Not that theres anything wrong with it but hes a homesexual. I know because the item I sold him ...well I'm not going to say what it is but based off his messages it was for him, so no "running off with his girl" will happen.

I doubt I'll do anything.

Its just VERY tempting because all I would have to do is take train there. Hes not even in my state, just very close.

Hes responded to ALL my other messages almost instantly and still hasn't responded to my last response.

I already got the feedback removed so I'm good to go either way .. Its just when I google mapped his address, once I saw I was actually within distance made me think about it.. lol

I RARELY get negatives but this account is special to me. Its how it was created makes me want to keep it. I already added a bank account to my paypal...he almost ruined about 2 weeks work. I think that would get under anybodies skin.

YES I have more accounts but this one is special. For reasons I can't go into.

jeffweico 06-24-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 680342)
Jeff,

Where is the scenario where I "pound him"... take his girl and run off with his millions.

:lol:

Not that theres anything wrong with it but hes a homesexual. I know because the item I sold him ...well I'm not going to say what it is but based off his messages it was for him, so no "running off with his girl" will happen.

OK, so add to the list:
  • You pound him, Take his guy and run off with his millions. Then his guy pounds you, but in a different way!
:pound:

GhostOfAmazon 06-24-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 680345)
OK, so add to the list:
  • You pound him, Take his guy and run off with his millions. Then his guy pounds you, but in a different way!

LMFAO.

:pop2:

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 680345)
OK, so add to the list:

:fight:...................................

:shocked:

solefoodbk 06-24-2015 09:04 PM

Someone here said they confronted a buyer and no more than 30 minutes later he had his money back in his Paypal account.

Can't remember the thread where I saw it...

But I ENVY you, if you see this thread! haha

MM78 06-24-2015 09:11 PM

jeffweico 06-24-2015 09:24 PM

and then you discover you like it, so you take the millions and the two of you buy the cutest little B&B you ever saw on Fire Island and tell all of the other gay couples who stay there the story of how you met because of a negative feedback on eBay.

I love a happy ending!

zexaah 06-24-2015 11:41 PM

Do it mang I did it once xD

isitworththestress 06-25-2015 05:47 AM

One other scenario is he creates a dozen stealth accounts and closes your account down.

Why make enemies

but it is a good tactic sometimes to suggest the meeting as they often return to being human

wtfebay 06-25-2015 10:11 AM

Judging by all your responses, and even the basis of this thread in general, I can only assume you are still young. You will mature in time, but for now just let the air out of your chest...no need to puff it up and be macho man. Go and beat up a gay guy and theyll be blaming you for hate crimes.

sergfro 06-25-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 680332)
Were both bordering our states.

I'm full stealth so IF I did confront him...he'd be filling a report on, ...wait who again?

Haha

IDK...

I know someone on here has done it though. I just can't remember the thread where I saw it.

unfortunately no such thing as full stealth

just_smile 06-25-2015 10:58 AM

I know a guy who sells on ebay. He noticed the person lived in the same town so went and posted his item personally.. .

A week later a case was opened for item not recieved.

He went round the house and a man answered. He explained the situation and asked what was going on.

It turns out it was his daughter who had ordered the game and opened the claim. The money was back in his account within the day and no doubt the daughter got a rollicking for it.

So, it can have a happy ending.

In your case I would not pursue it. The buyer seems like a nasty piece of work. Plus you never know if they are totally sane.

james13v 06-25-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergfro (Post 680499)
unfortunately no such thing as full stealth

Everybody knows you never do a full stealth. Never go full stealth.

doL 06-25-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 680342)

Oh god, Im so curious now. Can he use the purchased item as a weapon? Wouldn't it suck if he beat you up with the product you sold him? ^__^

pothos 06-25-2015 02:03 PM

I also want to do revenge to some greedy buyers. For example, sent them to collection or hire someone to hack their computer. However, I do not have the resources to do this. Collection agency probably won't care such small amount of money. Some days these terrible buyers just get me very mad and I feel the same as solefoodbk. However it is probably not worth the time to visit that deadbeat buyer. Is there a place we can share the bad buyer list?