eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Why are Sales So Slow? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87125-why-sales-so-slow.html)

Chris18181 07-02-2015 08:59 PM

Why are Sales So Slow?

Does anyone know why sales are so slow right now?

I have everything listed from Kayak's to bicycles, Book Sets, Gun Safe Cabinets

I only had 2 sales in June.

MM78 07-02-2015 09:13 PM

Re: Why are Sales So Slow?

Cause it's Summer.

jeffweico 07-02-2015 09:16 PM

It could be what you are listing, your prices, how your ads are written, your place in eBay's search algorithm or many other things.

Summer is the WORST time for sales. They start coming back after the kids go back to school. People are out and about during the summer months, on vacation, etc. so sales tend to be much slower.

One thing you CAN do to see if others selling the same items have more sales is to use a service called TeraPeak. You can enter an item and it will show you sales data over the last 30, 60 or 90 days, show you your competitor's listings, etc. If someone is selling a lot more than you, you can look at their listings to try to figure out why. Are they Top Rated? Do they have a better listing? Better prices?

You can gauge how many items are being offered and how many are being sold on a monthly basis. You can see how much competition there is. If an item is not very popular and 30 other people are selling the same thing, you won't have very many sales.

Chris18181 07-02-2015 09:17 PM

you would think people would buying outdoor stuff, maybe i should start listing school stuff soon.

jeffweico 07-02-2015 09:20 PM

Just wanted to add: TeraPeak is a subscription service, but they DO have a 7 day FREE TRIAL, so you can sign up and try to see what is going on with your listings without it costing you anything, but just make sure to cancel it before the 7 day trial ends (unless you want to keep it).

Chris18181 07-02-2015 09:41 PM

If i give Terapeak my ebay username can ebay link me?

jeffweico 07-02-2015 09:46 PM

Maybe, but you should not have to give them your eBay user name.

aspkin 07-02-2015 10:16 PM

It's THAT time of the year again..

It's the slow period. Sumer is always slow for online sales.

RosieTosie 07-03-2015 03:24 AM

Especially as we are having our annual mega heatwave here in the UK and as usual it's come early and interspersed with the occasional thunder and lightening and ridiculously heavy hail storms being mentioned for this coming weekend.

vogeltron 07-03-2015 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 682279)
It's THAT time of the year again..

It's the slow period. Sumer is always slow for online sales.

Yup always super slow this time of year for me.

isitworththestress 07-03-2015 04:20 AM

back in the day when people were not afraid to lift their heads up on ebay did someone not create a record on youtube about the things they do in the summer while waiting for the buyers to return?

Any how it is not a new thing.

Flog It 07-03-2015 05:48 AM

Have you considered stocking products that are in high demand at this time of year. I have 2 products that are selling like crazy, you just need to have stock that is in demand, terapeak was mentioned above, also look at best sellers sections on ebay/amazon etc to give you an idea of whats hot. Also, try watchcount.com they show sales as well as watch count ;)

muzzie 07-03-2015 07:24 AM

Well... had rocketing sales in June, and very low sales in July. Probably, summertime.

wtfebay 07-03-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 682271)
Just wanted to add: TeraPeak is a subscription service, but they DO have a 7 day FREE TRIAL, so you can sign up and try to see what is going on with your listings without it costing you anything, but just make sure to cancel it before the 7 day trial ends (unless you want to keep it).

Another infomercial by Jeff 😂😂:lol:

solefoodbk 07-03-2015 01:13 PM

I have steady sales.

Its seems like these threads ALWAYS pop up. People said they weren't getting sales up till last December lol. And thats AFTER black friday. You have to adjust to the season or accept slow sales. Bottom line.

That might sound harsh but do a search on the forums and you'll find a thread with ALOT of people complaining about SLOW sales from Oct-Jan. Those are supposed to be the height of online sales activity.

jjohnson777 07-03-2015 03:01 PM

I do not sale on ebay but summer always slow for me to even in affiliate income.

solefoodbk 07-03-2015 10:21 PM

Sales are always generally slow yes, but there are levels to "slowness", its all relative.

yankee 07-03-2015 10:54 PM

Everything is relative. I can be insanely busy if I choose and within a month my only complaint will be to many orders.
.Much of this ebay/amazon/internet marketing is all industry specific. I willl be dead ome October in comparison to today.

rsot 07-04-2015 01:40 AM

Sales are ok over here - deal with the summer woes or close up shop. Maybe find new stuff to sell OP

solefoodbk 07-04-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 682537)
Everything is relative. I can be insanely busy if I choose and within a month my only complaint will be to many orders.
.Much of this ebay/amazon/internet marketing is all industry specific. I willl be dead ome October in comparison to today.

Yankee I KNOW you remember that thread of people complaining they were "slow" and that thread was from I think October all the way threw January.

I'm doing fine, actually better than last year because I have invested more in my products. Although its "generally" slow during summer months it doesn't mean YOU have to be slow.

Like if your selling lawn mowers, of course your going to be busier in the summer compared to if you were selling a snow blower. I've used clothing as my fallback product and grown other niches around that. Although my niches aren't driving in majority of my sales YET they will very soon. But clothing is ALWAYS needed so I'm ALWAYS selling it.

I'm not selling coats now like I was, I obviously had to switch my inventory to adjust but I'm doing better than ever. It all comes down to what YOUR selling not what "month" it is.

Chris18181 07-07-2015 12:30 AM

Sales are picking back up now for me.

jjohnson777 07-07-2015 09:51 PM

Sales were sweet first 5 days of month. I bought some ads for weekend months ago forgot about. I started monthly subscriptions on my site in May and getting about 1 new one a day. 6 months to year from now I be set with recurring income if that rate keeps up. In March, I lowered prices to half off. In June increased prices and did it again on 1st now back on old prices. I lost money for 2-3 months but it got me tons of new customers and they are buying at new price. I am still the cheapest among like products so I probably raise prices again in few months. This is why people buying my subscriptions I sent email to my sales list saying I be increasing prices every few months but if buy subscription locked in on that price as long as keep subscription. Best part me and only one other site owner owns what we sell rest got to use middle men this why I can keep prices so low.