eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   selling outside ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/8741-selling-outside-ebay.html)

oompaloompa 12-21-2008 08:30 AM

selling outside ebay

Hi
I routinely get emails asking me to end auction early, as they desperately need it now. I sometimes have said to them, look Ive got 2 of these Items, I will let auction run but sell other to you, just give me your paypal email and I invoice them and sell it and once or twice theyve paid my googlecheckout.

ok as these are hot veros, and hard to list too often, this suits me, but I know I am risking my accounts. I have sometimes had people not reply when they hear the deal, but i dont think or know of a time Ive actually been reported yet for this to ebay.

Whats your experiences of this......

yaw1800 12-21-2008 08:33 AM

well through paypal, one time i did outside ebay transaction and the a few weeks later after the seller got the item, filed a chargeback. since it was outside of ebay transaction = not covered :( ($315)

Many others went through with no problem though

oompaloompa 12-21-2008 08:39 AM

and Eve handed him a vero...

of course, I agree. Tempting though isnt it?!

How do you with emailing, alot of buyers contact me via ebay button, and I ask them to contact me direct and give them my email address. Some of them dont understand and keep replying via ebay. Whats the deal on putting your email address on a reply, from my previous questions on the forum, they say you hit reply via gmail and you go straight to their email address and ebay doesnt see it. Not sure though as sometimes if I do that i still get a reply from buyer via ebay again. confusing.

yaw1800 12-21-2008 10:07 AM

im not too sure about that either. I just tell them to send me their email so we can discuss this further, they usually comply

helpme1 12-21-2008 04:14 PM

I have done this before and not been caught but yes when you do this you are risking your account because ebays considers this selling outside of them.

yaw1800 12-21-2008 04:15 PM

they dont really do anything to your account, its more of "if something goes wrong, i told you so"

Here We Go Again 12-21-2008 06:38 PM

You can always send the "buyer" a Paypal invoice and click on the "services" button or something else that is NOT merchandise on the invoice.
Then Paypal does not ask for a shipment number and they can not file a SNAD dispute because there was technically no merchandise trading hands according to the Paypal invoice.

sycore 12-22-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 69920)
You can always send the "buyer" a Paypal invoice and click on the "services" button or something else that is NOT merchandise on the invoice.
Then Paypal does not ask for a shipment number and they can not file a SNAD dispute because there was technically no merchandise trading hands according to the Paypal invoice.

Yes, but all the buyer has to do is file a chargeback complaint with his CC company and paypal will hand over the money.

Here We Go Again 12-22-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycore (Post 70006)
Yes, but all the buyer has to do is file a chargeback complaint with his CC company and paypal will hand over the money.

That is a option in ANY online purchase No matter what.

oompaloompa 12-23-2008 10:28 AM

nananana heeey goodbye

Im thinking of getting rid of gmail because of this... I cant see email address of the questions I get and I could do way more sales direct, but gmail means I cant deal with them direct, and if they I try to give email address using proper format they get deleted by ebay, this gmail is a recipe for being caught, so in the words of the great bananarama.....

Here We Go Again 12-23-2008 03:42 PM

^^^^^^^^^
What in the world does gmail have to do with credit card chargebacks?

You totally lost me on that last comment?????

oompaloompa 12-23-2008 04:13 PM

hey if you are lost, imagine how I feel...

what I meant was regarding the original topic, selling outside ebay, with gmail I have to answer someone who wants to buy without being able to
converse straight with their address, because i cant see it when they enquire,
my replies are never in the sent box on ebay but if I send them a reply from my gmail it goes via ebay and ebay erase any correcly formatted email address you try and give out.