eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87482-ebay-question.html)

Ghosts 07-14-2015 02:08 PM

eBay Question

Hey guys!

So I was selling some headphones on eBay and after my 4th listing, I couldn't list anymore! Apparently I reached my selling limit for the month for the category but I can't find it anywhere. Based on my monthly selling limit I can

Quote:

You can sell up to 100 items or up to $5,000.00 per month, whichever comes first.
So far in July I have only sold 2 items for a total of $205

My two other sales were in June on the 13th and the 19th.

All the transactions went by smoothly and they can been all completed. Now eBay is telling me that I reached the selling limit in the category.

http://i.gyazo.com/3be24fe3d881d50c625993657c9290c4.png

I need the money this month and eBay isn't letting me sell.

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks

xxrange 07-14-2015 08:52 PM

Re: eBay Question

Make more accounts, if you try to call in on the account there is little you can do to get it lifted unless by some chance you land a easy going rep. Some times the category limits lift after a few sales like me i have one account that is 45 days old and limitless in a certain category already, keep in mind i sold 1 item a week on it as a auction/buy now listing. Remember to sell slow and avoid getting disputes until you get the category limit lifted SELL SLOW.

jeffweico 07-14-2015 08:56 PM

Don't try to get around the category limits. eBay does not like that. They do this for certain categories where counterfeits are commonly sold, or where new sellers are known to have caused problems in the past.

The limits should be increased, or even lifted, once they see you are selling without issues.

Dmshark25 07-14-2015 10:05 PM

Usually after 25 selling feedbacks if you are operating well the category limit will lift

Smoothness 07-14-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 685427)
Usually after 25 selling feedbacks if you are operating well the category limit will lift

25 items and 3 months according to the rep i talked to

GhostOfAmazon 07-14-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxrange (Post 685405)
Make more accounts, if you try to call in on the account there is little you can do to get it lifted unless by some chance you land a easy going rep. Some times the category limits lift after a few sales like me i have one account that is 45 days old and limitless in a certain category already, keep in mind i sold 1 item a week on it as a auction/buy now listing. Remember to sell slow and avoid getting disputes until you get the category limit lifted SELL SLOW.

I've never tried getting "category limits" raised by calling eBay. These limits are more set and eBay is less likely to budge on them than the generic "selling limits". As others have mentioned, limits such as this are in place to prevent counterfeits from flooding eBay. New sellers are GENERALLY a higher risk than sellers with a proven track record. Just accept that you have to wait with THIS account, and create more stealths to sell above your category limits.

BTW, I'm guessing this account is your real account, not a stealth?

Ghosts 07-15-2015 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 685446)
I've never tried getting "category limits" raised by calling eBay. These limits are more set and eBay is less likely to budge on them than the generic "selling limits". As others have mentioned, limits such as this are in place to prevent counterfeits from flooding eBay. New sellers are GENERALLY a higher risk than sellers with a proven track record. Just accept that you have to wait with THIS account, and create more stealths to sell above your category limits.

BTW, I'm guessing this account is your real account, not a stealth?

Thank you all for the support.

And your assumption is correct. This is my real account and not a stealth. I'm debating whether or not I should purchase a stealth but by the looks of it there seems to be more than meets the eye.

GhostOfAmazon 07-15-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosts (Post 685522)
Thank you all for the support.

And your assumption is correct. This is my real account and not a stealth. I'm debating whether or not I should purchase a stealth but by the looks of it there seems to be more than meets the eye.

Better to learn to fish than to buy a fish, to butcher the old parable.