eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Favorite address verification method? PO Box, Family member, random address? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87494-favorite-address-verification-method-po-box-family-member-random-address.html)

trav 07-14-2015 06:27 PM

Favorite address verification method? PO Box, Family member, random address?

Curious what method people use to verify address? I was thinking of doing a PO Box, but thought that might cause problems if I set up multiple ebay stealth accounts.

What method do the guys that create hundreds of accounts use?

jakobrockz 07-14-2015 06:29 PM

Re: Favorite address verification method? PO Box, Family member, random address?

You can't use the same PO box for each account. If you go the PO box method.. you have to have a different PO box for each account.

xxrange 07-14-2015 08:53 PM

Re: Favorite address verification method? PO Box, Family member, random address?

Get creative Google maps is a great tool

jeffweico 07-14-2015 08:58 PM

Use a REAL residential address. Don't try to use the address of a Walmart or a McDonald's.

It is always better to have access to the address, but that is not always possible.

I would avoid using friends and family.

nickh04 07-14-2015 09:00 PM

Use an apartment complex. That way if you are sent anything to that address, the person living there might just think it was from a previous renter

jeffweico 07-14-2015 09:06 PM

Or, if the account is in a major city, try using the address of a HUGE building, like Lake Point Towers in Chicago:

http://www.lakepointtower.org/picture/LPTwater.jpg

Smoothness 07-14-2015 09:07 PM

I use avs debit card where I can get avs confirmation immediately and if I wanted to buy stuff I would just use reshipping company

GhostOfAmazon 07-14-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trav (Post 685380)
Curious what method people use to verify address? I was thinking of doing a PO Box, but thought that might cause problems if I set up multiple ebay stealth accounts.

What method do the guys that create hundreds of accounts use?

All depends on what you're selling. Do you get a lot of returns? If so, do you care if the buyer returns or keeps the item?

For example: if you're inventory costs 4 dollars per unit, and you sell them for 35 dollars per unit, and you get 1 return for every 50 units, it's really not worth having a return address, unless you sell A LOT of inventory. However, if your inventory costs $150 per unit, it would be a prudent investment to have a return address you could access.

trav 07-15-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 685382)
You can't use the same PO box for each account. If you go the PO box method.. you have to have a different PO box for each account.

I agree, I wouldn't use the same PO for multiple accounts

Do you have to do the street address approach to PO boxes to get them to work ok on ebay?

Such as PO Box 4444 would be 123 Broadway #4444, for example?

I just didn't know if I had several accounts with PO Boxes if they would get linked ultimately because of the Street address being the same minus the Suite number being different.

trav 07-15-2015 12:31 AM

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I didn't think about the Apartment idea.

I agree, it probably wouldn't be worth getting returns back, or I can just send them a return label. I could just build it into the cost of doing business.

GhostOfAmazon 07-15-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trav (Post 685454)
I agree, I wouldn't use the same PO for multiple accounts

Do you have to do the street address approach to PO boxes to get them to work ok on ebay?

Such as PO Box 4444 would be 123 Broadway #4444, for example?

I just didn't know if I had several accounts with PO Boxes if they would get linked ultimately because of the Street address being the same minus the Suite number being different.

eBay doesn't like PO Boxes for your REGISTRATION address, but they couldn't care less if it's used as the RETURN address.

trav 07-15-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 685460)
eBay doesn't like PO Boxes for your REGISTRATION address, but they couldn't care less if it's used as the RETURN address.

Even if you use the post office's street address instead do you think that would cause problems?

How about a UPS Store box or a shipping store box?

xxrange 07-15-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trav (Post 685641)
Even if you use the post office's street address instead do you think that would cause problems?

You could say apt instead of po, but i herd somewhere they may know the locations themselves

auctionessistance 07-15-2015 01:30 PM

We like to use residential but occasional PO box from time to time.

doL 07-15-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trav (Post 685641)

I've done this on my last account and when I called in for an increase, confirmed my address over the phone (it was one of the questions they asked), I gave the physical address and the box number as the apartment number and I was fine.

If you go this route, test and see if you can accept shipments to your PO Box with the physical address. I sent myself a package and received it just fine, so I assume I wouldn't have any issues using it.