eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   linking by address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/8765-linking-address.html)

marketscope 12-22-2008 12:21 PM

linking by address

I've read that your accounts can be linked and suspended by just the address alone.Does this mean if someone who lived in the house that I am renting six months ago used this address I will be linked their account? Thats seems pretty stupid of Ebay to use this method,considering how many poeple move to a new home every day and how many poeple are registered Ebay users. Please tell me this isn't 100% true.

aspkin 12-22-2008 02:16 PM

There are many things that link an account. And many factors have to fit in order for eBay to make a connection.

If the person who lived there before was a suspended eBay user then yes you have a higher risk of being linked to that account based on address alone, but most likely it won't happen. Ebay is looking for cookies, IP Address, name and phone number too. Actually much more then that.

Based on JUST address alone and nothing else the chances of being linked to an account is low.

And with even that the chance of this person is using eBay and is suspended just like you, is pretty low too.

You usually don't have to worry about stuff like this. :)

TGMT² 12-22-2008 03:36 PM

Last month I got so sick and tired of driving to the post office to pick up my Ebay purchases, so I decided to use my real address as a alternative address for PayPal.

I know its a risk for linking the account, but after weighing the pro's and con's it was worth it for me to do so.

So far NO Problems and its so nice to get my packages here! :rolleyes:

choice 12-23-2008 02:09 AM

okay. i just set up a couple po boxes the other day , each to be used for different ebay accounts, but i was wondering, if it was really necessary

using stealthy methods ive been able to open new accounts, just different po boxes in the same location, but i wanted to avoid some scrutiny from post office employees (what can i say, i avoid confrontation), even some times using the same box just writing out the address slightly differnet.

but i wouldnt be if the accounts themselves stayed up with any longevity. im curious now because, ive never been linked strictly for an address thing.