eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ask to verify identity to create a listing with variation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87685-ask-verify-identity-create-listing-variation.html)

genghis khan 07-20-2015 04:33 PM

Ask to verify identity to create a listing with variation

I created a new account last week and have two auctions going. I tried to create a variations listing and was asked to verify my identity. It showed my (⊗⊗⊗⊗) name (random) address and Tracfone number. I clicked verify. Then it said that my identity couldn't be verified, but my information would be recorded. What now? Will I ever be able to create variation listings? Will Ebay send me an email asking me to call in? My information will certainly not match up with what they have in their public database.

yankee 07-20-2015 04:52 PM

Re: Ask to verify identity to create a listing with variation

they sent a text? What exactly happened?

genghis khan 07-20-2015 04:55 PM

No, when I tried to create a variations listing, I was directed to a page that asked me verify my information. It displayed my made up name, address (which is, by the way, totally random), and tracfone number. I clicked verify, and was sent to another page that said that my info couldn't be verified, but my info would be recorded. Seems that I can list only auctions, but not variations listings.

Smoothness 07-20-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genghis khan (Post 687277)
No, when I tried to create a variations listing, I was directed to a page that asked me verify my information. It displayed my made up name, address (which is, by the way, totally random), and tracfone number. I clicked verify, and was sent to another page that said that my info couldn't be verified, but my info would be recorded. Seems that I can list only auctions, but not variations listings.

i had this happen to me on my real account. just mean u need to call in and pass your id check questions. u might or might not pass

bjammin 07-20-2015 06:55 PM

This is because it is a new account. You can also wait it out and it will eventually go away. I believe it will take less than 3 months.

genghis khan 07-20-2015 07:10 PM

Ok, thanks guys

Wheelchair 07-25-2015 02:44 PM

I ran into this problem as well.

I don't really have a problem calling ebay support, so I did.

All I was told was that ebay is doing this only on items with multiple variation and that simple products would be okay to list.

I really don't get the logic....

I'd rather not divulge my real info so I'm looking to wait this out until it hopefully bypasses the system on its own.

Anyone else with this experience?

solefoodbk 07-25-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelchair (Post 688945)
I ran into this problem as well.

I don't really have a problem calling ebay support, so I did.

All I was told was that ebay is doing this only on items with multiple variation and that simple products would be okay to list.

I really don't get the logic....

I'd rather not divulge my real info so I'm looking to wait this out until it hopefully bypasses the system on its own.

Anyone else with this experience?

Because new sellers wouldn't be doing multiple variations and if they did they'd verify their information. It's very uncommon for a new seller to do this, just like drop shipping.

You have to think of it from eBays perspective. I'm almost 99% sure when you FIRST signed up for eBay as a seller or buyer you would not of listed an item with variations. It just doesn't add up for a new seller to do this.

Its like drop shipping. This is there way of trying to catch potential fraud or STEALTH accounts. This is why its best not to do these types of practices until the account has some legs and history behind it.