eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyers don't leave feedback (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87708-buyers-dont-leave-feedback.html)

Dufus 07-21-2015 08:01 AM

Buyers don't leave feedback

:shhh:

Only 30% leave me feedback.
I would hate to beg for it.

yankee 07-21-2015 08:13 AM

Re: Buyers don't leave feedback

pretty normal. Some categories get less than that.
I personally would rather have no feedback left for DSR scores.

EG6 07-21-2015 08:18 AM

Same here , once i got very few feedbacks from the buyers.

Usually after 1 month after i sold item i contact buyer asking if he can leave feedback, but then i start conversation that i dont want, that buyer didnt received item/refund me money or other stuff..So from now on i always put a small note into the package once i send it, so when the buyer opens it ,he will be reminded to leave me feedback ,and this actually works pretty well..

Dufus 07-21-2015 08:51 AM

Is there a risk if i ask the buyer to leave feedback?

muzzie 07-21-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 687499)

No, it is normal for young accounts.

muzzie 07-21-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 687479)
:shhh:

Only 30% leave me feedback.
I would hate to beg for it.

I have the same feedback rate. Lots of people don't want to open EB to put a feedback about a dollar-worth item, waste of time for them.

yankee 07-21-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 687499)

You have a risk of getting low DRS scores. DSR is based on transactions. No feedback is best for this.

Also, if you open communication, they buyer can leave DSRs for that compared to automatic five stars if they leave feedback without having communication with you.

Also, if you have someone who is not greatly happy with the transaction then it may annoy them and they leave feedback that may not be positive.

Dufus 07-21-2015 09:21 AM

But more feedback would translate to more sales right?

yankee 07-21-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufus (Post 687504)

I see little to zero relationship on my accounts.
I have accounts with 25,000 feedback and a lot with zero.
All sell to the limits.

muzzie 07-21-2015 09:42 AM

If the price is good, customer will buy item regardless the feedback score. But if it is a generic product, it will disappear in the depths of EB because nobody will find it through the search.

Dufus 07-21-2015 11:35 AM

Ok i got positive feedback today and now it seems to be removed?
All i see is + _ _ _____

What does this mean?

slokor 07-21-2015 01:52 PM

Might be a glitch.
Was there a full comment on there before?

rsot 07-21-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily - pimp your listings, communicate well and do decent customer service

realdeals 07-21-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Certainly in young stealth stages, feedback can effect number of sales, and achieved price, if using auctions. At the very least I like to get 40-60 feedback before putting any decent auctions on.

It all goes down to what you sell though, the higher the value, the more important feedback may be to you, at the early stages.

solefoodbk 07-21-2015 02:42 PM

I get around 50% (probably higher) and about 75% for international.

But I ship same day/next day and package and offer my product better than anyone else.

:croc:

solefoodbk 07-21-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 687596)
Certainly in young stealth stages, feedback can effect number of sales, and achieved price, if using auctions. At the very least I like to get 40-60 feedback before putting any decent auctions on.

It all goes down to what you sell though, the higher the value, the more important feedback may be to you, at the early stages.

I find the 100 mark is when you get the long term buyers on eBay.

When I get the buyers with accounts since the 90's they rarely buy from sellers with yellow star, and a few from the blue.

Its all about perception.

If you been on eBay for a while, I think the star plays a HUGE factor in your sale. If I'm going to buy something myself I probably won't buy from a yellow star seller because off appearance they're new to selling..

Its physiological but I think stars play HUGE factors in sales, at least for me.

I mean if someone is selling it for $5 more with a red star compared to a seller with a yellow/blue I will play the extra five to buy from an "trust worthy" seller.

realdeals 07-21-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 687623)
I find the 100 mark is when you get the long term buyers on eBay.

When I get the buyers with accounts since the 90's they rarely buy from sellers with yellow star, and a few from the blue.

Its all about perception.

I am not going to dispute what you say, but would like to ask you this ;)

I agree with what you are saying, but wouldn't these 'long term' buyers also look at your join date? If they are that 'fussy', they are going to avoid someone who has 600 feed back in 4 or 5 months also are they not?

Haidukken 07-21-2015 03:16 PM

From a personal experience:

Feedback matter VERY little, in the category that I sell.

What matters is how honest the listing is- Meaning how well have I presented the item on the photos, how detailed is the listing and how well written is the actual description of the item that I'm selling.
Honesty is the best policy and with the right price and description/photo combo I have no problems selling £50-150 items with little feedback(Less than 30).

Some people just don't leave feedback and on some of my accounts I have tried to contact buyer so that they would leave feedback and out of that line of communication, maybe 50% actually go and do it, other half don't bother.

I agree with Yankee in terms of I'd rather have no feedback, than low DSR because some momo is having a bad day.

The listing should almost sell itself, honesty is the best policy.

Dufus 07-21-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 687578)
Might be a glitch.
Was there a full comment on there before?

Yes buyer left feedback before....
Now i see that the feedback i left for him is gone also.

Speeder33 07-21-2015 03:59 PM

If you want to increase the amount of feedback you get, try adding a card to the package asking for positive feedback and 5 star ratings. I find that when most people receive their package quickly and are happy, the reminder to leave positive feedback really helps.

isitworththestress 07-21-2015 05:45 PM

Don't ebay just count no feedback as a positive feedback after a certain amount of time?

Sure I read it in one of the recent changes.

Dmshark25 07-21-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 687700)
Don't ebay just count no feedback as a positive feedback after a certain amount of time?

Sure I read it in one of the recent changes.

They don't add it as feedback but no feedback is better than receiving a neg, neut, or low dsr that effects your defect%