eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Printing Your First Label - eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87732-printing-your-first-label-ebay.html)

bjammin 07-22-2015 11:50 AM

Printing Your First Label - eBay

Lots of times a new account buyer will have the issue of printing off the first label. And this can definitely be frustrating because you don't wanna f' up your new account, especially if you bought it.

So here is a step by step guide on printing the first label. This is pretty much going to take you through so PayPal will not deduct the shipping expense until funds from the sale have become available.

On eBay's website:
-Go to your selling page
-Click on "Print Shipping Label"
-Make sure this box is checked
Sign up for the billing agreement to skip login in the future and automatically use your PayPal balance to pay for shipping labels
-Click on "Purchase Postage"
-Click on "Pay with my PayPal Account"
-Enter your PayPal email address and password
-Click "Log In"
-Click "Agree & Continue"
-When it goes back to the eBay page, it will say "We're having trouble printing your label" (No worries, this is what we want)
-Hover over "My eBay" and slide down to and click "Selling"
-Click "Print Shipping Label"
-Go to "Printer & Label Receipt Preferences" just to be sure you have the correct printer set up before printing your label (I, for one, am guilty of this constantly)
-Check the box that says "Later. (Usually after the funds from this order have been made available.)
-Click "Print Postage"

doL 07-22-2015 12:20 PM

Re: Printing Your First Label - eBay

Hah totally guilty of not changing the printer settings to my zebra on new accounts! Such a pain in the butt.

yankee 07-22-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doL (Post 687946)
Hah totally guilty of not changing the printer settings to my zebra on new accounts! Such a pain in the butt.

Yup!
I hate doing that. Then have to void the label and reprint and then DOH! did it again! :faint:
lmbo

doL 07-22-2015 02:42 PM

I don't void it, I save the full page image, screenshot it, crop and resize to 4x6, and then print. :P I think it looks bad to void your first sales shipment info, so I try not to do that.

Twocoolt 07-22-2015 02:53 PM

I don't void them either. I use my pdf printer to save the file on my flash drive then print the actual label when I am on my regular windows profile. Plus, I can edit the return address before printing the real label so PayPal only sees the stealth address.

doL 07-22-2015 03:01 PM

HAH I never even thought about updating the address lmao. good idea

yankee 07-22-2015 04:18 PM

I have no problem at all voiding the label form "label did not print" or any reason really.
Happens everyday.

xxrange 07-22-2015 08:53 PM

I hate using paypal/ebay to print shipping, but if you got nowhere else to go i guess....

yaBeh8ater 07-22-2015 10:33 PM

this happens to me all the time. i just go back out to my selling page and start over. works 95% of the time.

solefoodbk 07-22-2015 11:29 PM

Shipstation anyone?

By the way I made thread about getting a thermal printer a while back. Ended up getting the zebra and can't be happier! It even prints international!

Saves money and time. Only wished I would of gotten it sooner

solefoodbk 07-22-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 687993)
I have no problem at all voiding the label form "label did not print" or any reason really.
Happens everyday.

When I printed via PayPal I did too... Buyers sometimes change address etc, never had a problem.

yankee 07-23-2015 06:49 AM

I ship from ebay on all my accounts that have holds. This way I am not racking up huge shipping fees by using Pay Later option. Once the 90 days comes up UPS, FEDEX or Endicia/stamps.

I need to look into ship station.

Knotorious 07-23-2015 12:13 PM

ShippingEasy.com Works great for me and I can change the return address like others said. Pay through your BA ( not PPal). Partners with Endica ...& they have 30 day free trial

Nice Post too. I was actually worried about this when I first started. This will help alot of ppl.

nodeal 07-23-2015 01:07 PM

shipstation is the way to go when it comes to printing labels. hate doing it through ebay.