eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay fees, paying or not? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87793-ebay-fees-paying-not.html)

Yiftach 07-24-2015 04:15 AM

eBay fees, paying or not?

Hi,
If your eBay account is dead and you can "run away" with your money,
Do you still pay your eBay fees?

JamesNorth101 07-24-2015 04:26 AM

Re: eBay fees, paying or not?

Pay your fees

You used their services you need to pay their fees

muzzie 07-24-2015 04:47 AM

Pay the fees. You used their service to gain some profit, so you should award them.

james13v 07-24-2015 08:09 AM

lol so if ebay or paypal owes people money, do they go out of their way to reimburse you?

I'm not condoning either way :) just throwing that out there.

doL 07-24-2015 09:17 AM

You would have paid the fees if they didn't limit you, so just pay the fees as if it never happened.

I owed around $500 on my last account. I even called PayPal to give them transaction numbers so I could refund the buyers who I couldn't send to after the account was limited. (because my shipping was going through pp at the time, so I couldn't create labels)

last3379 07-24-2015 04:37 PM

If they limit my account there is no chance I'm paying my fees.

james13v 07-24-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 688687)
If they limit my account there is no chance I'm paying my fees.

maybe we should at it this way... If ebay bans us, then they clearly don't want our money.

MM78 07-24-2015 05:42 PM

Here's an analogy:

If I'm a Mechanic and I fix your car, and I then tell you that I refuse to do any future work on your car.....does that mean you don't owe me for the current work I did?

Think about it.

james13v 07-24-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 688715)
Here's an analogy:

If I'm a Mechanic and I fix your car, and I then tell you that I refuse to do any future work on your car.....does that mean you don't owe me for the current work I did?

Think about it.

If you're a mechanic that is in the process of doing work on my car, and out of nowhere, you decide that I'm not worthy of your work, and you toss my car out on the street in the middle of that work, while throwing out ALL the work that I also put into that car, without a single care of how important that car is to my life, and STILL require me to pay you for your work.....

Now THAT would be a more accurate analogy. Considering that a good chunk of what I'd owe are listing fees, and you've just deleted my listings, maybe they can only charge me final value fees.

Oh and lets not forget, that a lot of times, ebay sends an email to all your customers, who then proceed to ask for refunds because ebay told them there is an issue with my account.

I'm sorry, but your analogy doesn't even come close to the reality of what ebay does to people.

jojo2012 07-24-2015 06:36 PM

I'm Just curious, I've had ebay suspend a couple accounts in the past, I may have not shipped everything I sold yet or buyers see my account is gone & they freak out So I just refund them through Paypal Resulting in ebay now owing ME money, Never a lot $5.00-$80.00 that I can remember, But I've never had them refund me.

Has anyone had any luck or is there anyway to get eBay to pay back fees to you after a suspension??

GhostOfAmazon 07-26-2015 01:24 AM

LOL at all the pretend do-gooders here.....

I guarantee not a single person here would pay their eBay fees if a stealth account they have got suspended tomorrow....

If your info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, there's no reason to pay fee's on a suspended eBay account. There's no moral obligation to do so. If you want to pay it, fine, but no one is going to pat you on the back.

wonkill84 07-26-2015 02:57 AM

Pay my fees because I used their service? Screw that @#$!.
I had my real eb/pp account restricted indefinitely and I had over 5 grand in my PP account.
They said I can withdraw after 180 days. (Is this even legal)
It was my main source of income so I was pretty much screwed. I didn't know anything about stealth that time.
I owed fees about $500. I would've happily paid the fees if they didn't take my money.
My credit is already fked up so I didn't really care lol.

solefoodbk 07-26-2015 03:16 AM

I suggest you read paypals TOA. Yes it is legal.

solefoodbk 07-26-2015 03:23 AM

I think people tend to forget that it's their own choice to sell on eBay using PayPal.

Pay fees.

PayPal could use that exact same excuse saying people leave accounts negative all the time so why can't we hold people's money?

It doesn't make sense is my point.

Your no better than them if you do exactly what you dislike about them.

JamesNorth101 07-26-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 689083)
LOL at all the pretend do-gooders here.....

I guarantee not a single person here would pay their eBay fees if a stealth account they have got suspended tomorrow....

You know that for an absolute fact do you?

I have lost eBay accounts and I have always paid the balance and I would bet that a lot of other people do the exact same thing

Use their services, pay their fees. Its really simple.

GhostOfAmazon 07-26-2015 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 689096)
You know that for an absolute fact do you?

I have lost eBay accounts and I have always paid the balance and I would bet that a lot of other people do the exact same thing

Use their services, pay their fees. Its really simple.

Apologies, James, I wasn't intending to call anyone here a liar. I should have said "No one here has any REASON to pay their fees".

Anyways, my point is, you can pay them or not. There's no consequence, good or bad, for doing so.

Personally, if they want to suspend me, the fees they lose is just part of the deal. Too bad, so sad.

If you pay your fees, great! I don't see why, but hey, it's a free world.

rsot 07-26-2015 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 688496)
You used their services you need to pay their fees

Nuff said.

Timmy 07-26-2015 07:30 AM

If all stealthers decided not to pay thier ebay fee's it would make our jobs much hard.

Just pay the fees and be happy that you have the ability to open a new account.

Don't make it harder on your fellow members.

GhostOfAmazon 07-26-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 689155)
If all stealthers decided not to pay thier ebay fee's it would make our jobs much hard.

Just pay the fees and be happy that you have the ability to open a new account.

Don't make it harder on your fellow members.

Uh, how?

I'm pretty sure most people probably DON'T pay suspended account fees. I didn't even on my REAL account once it was suspended.

eBay isn't going to tank anytime soon. They may need to quit wasting money and start treating sellers better (we are the ones who pay the fees, afterall) but you won't see eBay going bankrupt anytime soon.

last3379 07-26-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 689093)
I think people tend to forget that it's their own choice to sell on eBay using PayPal.

Pay fees.

PayPal could use that exact same excuse saying people leave accounts negative all the time so why can't we hold people's money?

It doesn't make sense is my point.

Your no better than them if you do exactly what you dislike about them.

If paypal and ebay are nice to me then I'll be nice to them. They **** me then i **** them back and then some.

yaBeh8ater 07-27-2015 01:41 AM

i only ever pay fees if the account is still good. if ebay suspends me then its their loss. once suspended you dont owe them anything.

Klemantina 07-27-2015 02:14 AM

Pay them or donate them for a better cause.