eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/88185-possible-find-someones-true-identity-if-they-have-stealth-account.html)

freddyg 08-05-2015 11:28 AM

Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account?

Just wondering if , in the case of a lawsuit,my ID can be tracked down if I'm using a stealth?

yankee 08-05-2015 11:35 AM

Re: Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account?

Well, A lot of things would have to happen but yes if you are using a bank account or anything linked to your SS

JamesNorth101 08-05-2015 11:37 AM

Re: Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account?

Yes if law enforcement are involved it would be easy.

jakobrockz 08-05-2015 11:41 AM

But I'd say its unlikely for you to get a criminal law suit over eBay

yankee 08-05-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 692295)
But I'd say its unlikely for you to get a criminal law suit over eBay

We have a member here who seems to be quite lately who has had several legal issues/levies over Amazon.

It really depends on who you are ripping off. A LOT of these companies, especially the big brands are tired of foofoo and lost revenues.

jakobrockz 08-05-2015 11:48 AM

Correction:

But I'd say its unlikely for you to get a criminal law suit over a legitimate business on eBay/Amazon

lol

toml3030 08-05-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 692298)
Correction:

But I'd say its unlikely for you to get a criminal law suit over a legitimate business on eBay/Amazon

lol

They can get your records by subpoena in a civil suit but it would cost a few thousand to track you down so the risk is small unless you are selling super expensive stuff or do massive volume.

last3379 08-05-2015 05:37 PM

IP and Bank go straight to your front door :)

GhostOfAmazon 08-05-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 692405)
IP and Bank go straight to your front door :)

Not IP....not if he's doing stealth properly....

last3379 08-05-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 692427)

Everything you do online is easily traced back to you if authorities want you.

You want internet you need an internet provider. Internet provider needs an address to send your service to and gives you an ip address or numerous ip addresses that all lead to you. No matter how many proxies and ip hiders you try to use it doesn't help you.

You can trick ebay and paypal but not the authorities ;)

Using a hot spot or a dongle thats NOT in your name would be the only way I could think of.

jeffweico 08-05-2015 09:04 PM

Most individuals and companies cannot find you. A company COULD subpoena records to get the information, but that is unlikely.

But NONE OF THIS will hide you from law enforcement. They have access to information that most companies and individuals do not have.

Having said that, it is highly unlikely that law enforcement would take an interest in you unless you are committing fraud and ripping people off or selling something illegal. If you are just selling ordinary stuff on eBay, delivering the merchandise and giving halfway decent customer service, you should not have a problem.

Speeder33 08-05-2015 09:04 PM

Bottom line is that you can't hide from the authorities. They can track you eventually. Imagine how many more scammers there would be if the authorities did not have this power.

If you are worried about authorities, then stop what you are doing and go legitimate. Not very hard to do.

GhostOfAmazon 08-05-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 692451)

Using a hot spot or a dongle thats NOT in your name would be the only way I could think of.

And this is hard? LOL I bet half the members here do that....pay it with a pre-paid card...etc.

But anyways, as others have pointed out, if they want you, they WILL find you, one way or another.

Don't do shady stuff and you'll be fine.

last3379 08-05-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 692455)
And this is hard? LOL I bet half the members here do that....pay it with a pre-paid card...etc.

But anyways, as others have pointed out, if they want you, they WILL find you, one way or another.

Don't do shady stuff and you'll be fine.

Can't get a dongle without id. Not in Canada anyway. Otherwise I would go that route.

GhostOfAmazon 08-05-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 692460)
Can't get a dongle without id. Not in Canada anyway. Otherwise I would go that route.

Buy it online...buy it on eBay. Do they require an ID now too? :lol:

jeffweico 08-05-2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 692472)
Buy it online...buy it on eBay. Do they require an ID now too? :lol:

Don't laugh... The way things are going, ten years from now, you might need a DNA test to buy a postage stamp...

miketyson 08-05-2015 11:49 PM

muzzie 08-06-2015 02:43 AM

Technically, one CAN create a stealth that is untrackable. But it requires decent skills and usually is not needed.

rsot 08-06-2015 03:10 AM

Buying online is a good option for some of the materials needed

noived 08-06-2015 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 692427)

Wait a second I thought you use your normal ISP IP for stealth?

at least thats what I read in the stealth guide..

I just switch router when i switch account

is this not the right way to do it?
I thought proxys / vpns etc were the wrong thing to do as it made you look suspicious to ebay?

GhostOfAmazon 08-06-2015 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noived (Post 692519)
Wait a second I thought you use your normal ISP IP for stealth?

at least thats what I read in the stealth guide..

I just switch router when i switch account

is this not the right way to do it?
I thought proxys / vpns etc were the wrong thing to do as it made you look suspicious to ebay?

Read the forums. MANY ways to get an IP besides your ISP or proxies.

Not going to explain it all here as there are hundreds of posts that explain far better than I have time to.

muzzie 08-06-2015 04:50 AM

It is possible to hide so noone will find who you actually are. But it is usually not required for a regular stealth.