Test your VPN for WebRTC IP leakage - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-08-2015
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Test your VPN for WebRTC IP leakage

If you are using Chrome as your browser in conjunction with a VPN, you might want to test it for IP leakage through WebRTC technology by visiting this website. If you can see your real IP then it is being leaked if not then you are good. WebRTC can be disabled on FireFox by going to about:config > search for "media.peerconnection.enabled" and set it too "false".

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

I wish Aspkin would implement this on IPBurger.com so we don't have to go to another website to check.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
secret storm (08-09-2015), yankee (08-08-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Test your VPN for WebRTC IP leakage

It is also not a bad idea to use a VPN monitor. Rarely have I had a connection terminated by the host, but it CAN HAPPEN with ANY service. The VPN monitors usually stop ALL traffic if it detects the connection was dropped so that eBay/PayPal/Amazon (or any site you are logged into, really) cannot see you actual IP address.
Old 08-09-2015

Longevity: 74%

empirestate is there anyway you can test WebRTC IP leakage on a VPS or Private Proxies/Socks ?
Old 08-09-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
empirestate is there anyway you can test WebRTC IP leakage on a VPS or Private Proxies/Socks ?
VPS has its own Dedicated IP so no leakage there unlike VPN, you are borrowing an IP address from another computer. If you ever test for leakage on a VPS you will see that you will get the same IP for WebRTC. I hope you understand this concept. Proxies and VPNs are the ones susceptible to leakage because 2 computers are being used. If you want to test leakage on your Private Proxy, go to the link I provided. If you see your host(your computer's) IP, then it is being leaked. This is easy to prevent if you use FireFox and turn off WebRTC feature.
Old 12-18-2016

Longevity: 50%

Dear empirestate, I tested my IP using VPN with https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/, it shows up my local IP address and my public IP address, is this ok or not?
Old 12-18-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
If you are using Chrome as your browser in conjunction with a VPN, you might want to test it for IP leakage through WebRTC technology by visiting this website. If you can see your real IP then it is being leaked if not then you are good. WebRTC can be disabled on FireFox by going to about:config > search for "media.peerconnection.enabled" and set it too "false".

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

I wish Aspkin would implement this on IPBurger.com so we don't have to go to another website to check.
Hi Empirestate, I did what you said here, and shows up the IP I'm using on the VPN, not my real IP, and exactly that way they found that I'm using a VPN, I want to know what I can do, they don't know or impossible to know if am using VPN or not.
Old 12-18-2016
Banned
Threadstarter  

I included a screenshot of the goal so there are no confusions. Picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 12-18-2016

Quote:
I included a screenshot of the goal so there are no confusions. Picture is worth a thousand words.
Ok, now when I installed the extension on Chrome: WebRTC Network Limiter, and selected option: Use my proxy server (if present). Appears exactly the screenshot you say: then I want to know: this way they cannot detect if I am using VPN?
Old 12-18-2016
Banned
Threadstarter  

yes if you don't see any IP addresses above, then you have successfully limited/disabled the webrtc function. there's nothing wrong with using VPNs, webrtc reveals your real IP and got nothing to do with detecting if you are using a vpn or not. VPNs are acceptable as long as you don't use an abused provider.
Old 12-18-2016

Quote:
yes if you don't see any IP addresses above, then you have successfully limited/disabled the webrtc function. there's nothing wrong with using VPNs, webrtc reveals your real IP and got nothing to do with detecting if you are using a vpn or not. VPNs are acceptable as long as you don't use an abused provider.
Ohh my god!... then you gave me an excellent solution, you don't know how I thank you, because I'm thinking to call paypal again tomorrow to see if they restore my account again, the representative told me today, that he would like to restore it, but I must be logged in paypal wihthin the states, because he was checking that I was using VPN, now with this trick you gave me, they cannot check if I"m using VPN and can restore my account back... thank you very much, thanks a lot, I'll let you know tomorrow about that.
Old 12-18-2016
Banned
Threadstarter  

You seem to not get the concept of VPNs... The purpose of getting a VPN is to encrypt data or borrow an IP address of a remote machine ie VPS to hide your real IP. WebRTC renders VPN's ability to hide your real IP useless by exposing it, hence you have to disable it. As far as I know, IE 11 and lower versions of IE do not have WebRTC built in.
Old 12-18-2016

Yes, I know what is VPN for, to hide my real IP, because of that using it, but the issue was that Paypal even I was using VPN they detected it... and got surprised, because thought they cannot...I'm using Google Chrome in conjuction with Amazon AWS and OpenVPN. Now when you say to use WebRTC and to disable it, really don't understand what you mean, as I installed the extention in the browser and appears exactlly the screenshot you sent. Then why to disable it?
Old 12-18-2016
Banned
Threadstarter  

I'm done answering questions, I'm tired.
Old 12-18-2016

Quote:
I'm done answering questions, I'm tired.
Ok, thank you anyway for your help friend, according what you're saying, I am right...