eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New ebay users now can only list....... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/88319-new-ebay-users-now-can-only-list.html)

SilentHill 08-10-2015 06:08 PM

New ebay users now can only list.......

So apparently New ebay users now can only list auctions now? This a new one ?

yankee 08-10-2015 06:23 PM

Re: New ebay users now can only list.......

Non of my accounts I built last week are like that. If you have accounts like this and dont want them, shoot me a PM. I have a use for them if auction only.

suspendedfoe 08-10-2015 06:37 PM

i have not had an issue like that, just made an account and sold on it as buy it now....i can check by opening a new account again and giving you some feedback

Thanks!

ebayerOG 08-10-2015 06:55 PM

Well it would be a change implemented today likely

How many so far, silent?

glacier922 08-10-2015 07:09 PM

Never heard of this one, does it also include 5/500 as well?

dealagreeproceed 08-10-2015 07:12 PM

hopefully silent actually confirmed this before making every1 poop their pants

dealagreeproceed 08-10-2015 07:16 PM

oh just noticed silence is an acct seller so pretty sure he would know actually

slokor 08-10-2015 08:06 PM

Created 4 accounts today and none had this issue.

jeffweico 08-10-2015 08:18 PM

I just created an account 2 hours ago and it was completely normal. Unless I am missing something???

slokor 08-10-2015 08:28 PM

Dont think youre missing anything.
I do think not enough info was given though.
Maybe OP should respond and give more details as to his issue which we are all trying to assist with...

bjammin 08-10-2015 08:47 PM

I also had no issues listing a BIN on a new account today

unkown5454 08-10-2015 08:58 PM

sweet FUD thread

solefoodbk 08-10-2015 10:01 PM

If they ever made us only sell auctions, that would make me leave eBay.

Must of been a glitch...

glacier922 08-10-2015 10:04 PM

Everybody says they'll leave eBay and they always keep coming back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 693912)

Must of been a glitch...

jeffweico 08-10-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 693912)

Must of been a glitch...

OK, given the way eBay is now, I agree. But were you around when it started? Dutch Featured auctions WERE THE BOMB! If I could have cloned myself, I could have made a million dollars easily back then.

Back then eBay was FUN, not like it is now where you are fighting them every step of the way, just waiting for your next beat-down.

Our email addresses were our user-id's and people were actually ENCOURAGED to talk to each other. This was before eBay decided they wanted to be the American version of the KGB, monitoring everything.

I listed items that I expected to get $10 for that went for $30!

If a buyer screwed you over, you could actually leave negative feedback for them to warn other sellers. The only people being banned were the people who scammed others and many people complained that eBay was TOO SLOW in getting rid of them. Back then, it was HARD to lose an account!

Sure, there was competition and not EVERYBODY was nice, they had their share of a-holes, but overall it was a lot of fun selling on eBay.

When Pierre Omidyar stepped aside to bring in the corporate types, that is when they started writing a rule book the size of an encyclopedia. One time someone from "SafeHarbor" (that is what it was called back then) told me I had violated some obscure eBay rule and invited me to look it up. I responded to him "in which volume"? And it just got worse and worse from there. Fees went up, people couldn't talk to each other, eBay started insisting that your buyers were not YOUR customers, they were EBAY'S customers. Whole categories of items disappeared from their website. You used to be able to sell GUNS on eBay! Now you can't even sell e-cigs. The adults only section had crazy rules that you could not show pictures with ANY frontal nudity below the waist and you could NOT use a "blue dot" to block it out. How the hell could you show the cover of an X-rated movie under those rules???

PayPal was giving people $5 for each referral. I made a few thousand dollars just by sending links to my buyers in their winning bid emails. NOBODY was having their PayPal accounts closed. And if they DID close your account, they would send you a check for whatever your balance was. They NEVER asked for your supplier information or held your money (unless the amount was crazy or something). Back then, you could actually speak with representative who SPOKE ENGLISH and wasn't reading off of a script! Their representatives actually HELPED YOU!

I really, REALLY miss the old eBay. I know that we can't go back, but it is a real shame. Back then you could find all sorts of interesting stuff for sale. EVERYTHING was an auction, there was no such thing as buy it now. But now, it is just a low rent version of K-Mart. All of the fun and interesting stuff is gone. In it's place is cheap junk from China, counterfeits galore and closeouts from every major retailer you can imagine.

I think I need to go cry now...

xxrange 08-10-2015 10:41 PM

I have seen alot of site limitation on new accounts looks like another ebay experiment

Sausage 08-10-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 693847)
So apparently New ebay users now can only list auctions now? This a new one ?

Didn't it used to be like that 10 years ago??
BIN only after 10 feedback.

Blighty 08-10-2015 11:40 PM

Yeah used to be like that back in the day

dealagreeproceed 08-10-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 693918)
OK, given the way eBay is now, I agree. But were you around when it started? Dutch Featured auctions WERE THE BOMB! If I could have cloned myself, I could have made a million dollars easily back then.

Back then eBay was FUN, not like it is now where you are fighting them every step of the way, just waiting for your next beat-down.

Our email addresses were our user-id's and people were actually ENCOURAGED to talk to each other. This was before eBay decided they wanted to be the American version of the KGB, monitoring everything.

I listed items that I expected to get $10 for that went for $30!

If a buyer screwed you over, you could actually leave negative feedback for them to warn other sellers. The only people being banned were the people who scammed others and many people complained that eBay was TOO SLOW in getting rid of them. Back then, it was HARD to lose an account!

Sure, there was competition and not EVERYBODY was nice, they had their share of a-holes, but overall it was a lot of fun selling on eBay.

When Pierre Omidyar stepped aside to bring in the corporate types, that is when they started writing a rule book the size of an encyclopedia. One time someone from "SafeHarbor" (that is what it was called back then) told me I had violated some obscure eBay rule and invited me to look it up. I responded to him "in which volume"? And it just got worse and worse from there. Fees went up, people couldn't talk to each other, eBay started insisting that your buyers were not YOUR customers, they were EBAY'S customers. Whole categories of items disappeared from their website. You used to be able to sell GUNS on eBay! Now you can't even sell e-cigs. The adults only section had crazy rules that you could not show pictures with ANY frontal nudity below the waist and you could NOT use a "blue dot" to block it out. How the hell could you show the cover of an X-rated movie under those rules???

PayPal was giving people $5 for each referral. I made a few thousand dollars just by sending links to my buyers in their winning bid emails. NOBODY was having their PayPal accounts closed. And if they DID close your account, they would send you a check for whatever your balance was. They NEVER asked for your supplier information or held your money (unless the amount was crazy or something). Back then, you could actually speak with representative who SPOKE ENGLISH and wasn't reading off of a script! Their representatives actually HELPED YOU!

I really, REALLY miss the old eBay. I know that we can't go back, but it is a real shame. Back then you could find all sorts of interesting stuff for sale. EVERYTHING was an auction, there was no such thing as buy it now. But now, it is just a low rent version of K-Mart. All of the fun and interesting stuff is gone. In it's place is cheap junk from China, counterfeits galore and closeouts from every major retailer you can imagine.

I think I need to go cry now...

dam you used to be able to sell gunz on eby... that's crazy never knew that...if you look back at everything in general its seems late 90s up to early 2000's were some good money maken times... things have changed quite a bit but theres still moolah out there...

jeffweico 08-11-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 693936)
dam you used to be able to sell gunz on eby... that's crazy never knew that...if you look back at everything in general its seems late 90s up to early 2000's were some good money maken times... things have changed quite a bit but theres still moolah out there...

Oh, of course. There will ALWAYS be money to be made. People were making money before the internet and the online world just opened up a lot of new opportunities.

solefoodbk 08-11-2015 01:38 AM

What makes me the most money right now is BIN only. I mean I do use SOME auctions and they are defiantly can be useful its just what I'm selling right now isn't that compatible with auctions. Anyone who has used both and with different products should know where I'm coming from.

I like the idea of having inventory. Too me its like building ammo. Auctions its come & go and thats GREAT for dropshipping, or certain items, but not mine.

Leaving my OFFICE, will read your post on the train Jeff hahaha.

:hail:

SilentHill 08-11-2015 11:47 AM

This is interesting. Perhaps different categories have diffrent settings now.