Question on counterfeit goods? Mistake in the past. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Question on counterfeit goods? Mistake in the past.

Hello guys,

Quick question that I need answered.

On two old accounts that are banned from eBay. I get a message from Paypal today stating:

"Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX,

We have recently reviewed your PayPal account activity, and determined that you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers of unauthorized XXXXXXXX on www.ebay.com, user ID: XXXXXXX .

As a result, your account has been permanently limited and this cannot be appealed.

Per the PayPal User Agreement, which you read and accepted when you created your account, we reserve the right to permanently limit an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation. We may hold any available balance in your PayPal account for up to 180 days. In addition, you may be liable for any amount of damages PayPal incurs for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

To read more about your liability, the actions we may take and other relevant information pertaining to the PayPal User Agreement, please refer to the following URL:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...locale.x=en_US

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website/s and/or auction/s. This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the PayPal User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy.

Under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for counterfeit items or unauthorized replicas or copies of items.

You can view the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking the "Legal" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and clicking "PayPal Acceptable Use Policy". You can also find some more information on the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy on our Help Center.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact the PayPal Brand Risk Management Department at aup@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Bessie
PayPal, Brand Risk Management
PayPal"

Basically I loaned two of my accounts to a friend who was selling knock off jewelry. Which he later admitted. He would give me half the profit at the end of the month, we did this for a year until he confessed that in fact his items were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ once eBay banned my accounts.

My concern is, I am no longer selling or purchasing from those accounts since two months ago when eBay banned my accounts. I was highly upset at my friend when he confessed they were in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ counterfeit.

Today I received this email which I posted above in parenthesis. Does this mean I have a lawsuit in my hands soon? Or is this just a statement from Paypal advising me to no longer use Paypal to buy/or sell.

I have purchased a stealth account from a fellow member and no I am not selling counterfeit goods.I have done this because of the banned situation from eBay and Paypal due to my friend selling on my accounts. And trust me, I take the blame for even letting him sell on my account. I know many of you may ask me why? Why did you let him? Honestly, I didn't think much of it, he told me he was selling authentic merchandise on my accounts and as well the money was good at the end of the month when I took my share.

I'm just nervous this major company will come after me because of what my friend sold on my account. I have not received a knock on the door or anything like that, or a letter regarding a lawsuit. But if PayPal really wanted to, can they advise this major corporation and tell them to pursue charges and sue me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Question on counterfeit goods? Mistake in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borinquen954 View Post
Today I received this email which I posted above in parenthesis. Does this mean I have a lawsuit in my hands soon? Or is this just a statement from Paypal advising me to no longer use Paypal to buy/or sell.
No....the letter you received basically says, we don't want your business!

Quote:
I'm just nervous this major company will come after me because of what my friend sold on my account. I have not received a knock on the door or anything like that, or a letter regarding a lawsuit. But if PayPal really wanted to, can they advise this major corporation and tell them to pursue charges and sue me?
Your fine as far as I can see.....just a little advice....if you ever get a Certified Letter in your name...don't sign for it!
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

What the fat dancing spiderman above says is correct, you have no worries from paypal.
They are just a payment processor and dont want any business from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (08-19-2015)
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
What the fat dancing spiderman above says is correct, you have no worries from paypal.
Chubby Spiderman says, Oy coņo....huuuurtful!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
yotano211 (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay thank you guys phew!
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 60%

It will take much much more than few sales or even couple of thousands for a brand to go after you for a trademark violation. They go after the big guys, like the company your friend purchased from, assuming he did not import it himself. NO worries.

Last edited by gonzoman; 08-17-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 60%

Oh, and that friend. I would consider again being a friend with someone who screwed you up like that
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Its ok to be friends with people like that just dont let anyone ever use your ebay or paypal accounts.
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Chubby Spiderman says, Oy coņo....huuuurtful!
I love it when people talk Cuban. haha
Old 08-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Last question,

How does it work with my stealth account being linked to my bank account. I made a new checking account with my Bank of America. (Not the same checking account has previous accounts) However, I heard the only way Paypal can find out my name is they have to deduct money from my checking account.

The problem is, if they see my name John Doe and say, hmm.. this guy was banned a couple months ago on ebay/paypal why is he showing up here on this account? Can they really do something at that point? Like can Paypal sue me since they advised me before not to use there logo or system again, and they find my name some how on the stealth.

Sorry about asking about all this suing crap. LOL. Literally new to this.

And yeah, I'm going to buy the stealth guide now, I just didn't know if these questions were specifically on there lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Borinquen954 For This Useful Post:
Chibirsd (09-02-2018)
Old 08-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

The EBay stealth guide just gives you the basics, if it had all the answers ever asked it would be 550,000 pages in the smallest font ever used.
Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoman View Post
It will take much much more than few sales or even couple of thousands for a brand to go after you for a trademark violation. They go after the big guys, like the company your friend purchased from, assuming he did not import it himself. NO worries.
Not true at all. It depends on the company and brand, some are known for more aggressively going after people. Usually it comes in the form of a Cease and Desist order.

The bigger problem you could have coming if it is a US account is a 1099k if they sold over 200 items and $20,000. Going to have declare that as income. Hopefully you didn't have one from last year and not include it.

Last edited by vogeltron; 08-20-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you learn stealth