eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   linked account question... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/88702-linked-account-question.html)

J4G3D 08-23-2015 04:55 AM

linked account question...

I have a question I hope someone can answer for me.

I created a ebay account some 8 years ago and literally only used it like twice. When I used it i used my brothers paypal account attaching it to the eBay to receive a payment at the time (this is when I didn't know about stealth) but I did make the eBay account in a random name/address.

Recently I tried to login for the first time in 6 years and I forgot the password. During the password reset process one of the questions I could choose was 'what other ebay account is this linked with ' I opted to go for this question and typed in my brothers ebay account username which it accepted.

Now, this is the thing. I want to start using this Eb account with stealth pp. But if the Eb or pp account screw up and become blocked/banned/limited.. Then will my brothers legit accounts? I've heard of stories where this happened but a simple email or call rectifies that problem(for the genuine account).

Thoughts please?

Shekibi 08-23-2015 08:38 PM

Re: linked account question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4G3D (Post 697644)

I created a ebay account some 8 years ago and literally only used it like twice. When I used it i used my brothers paypal account attaching it to the eBay to receive a payment at the time (this is when I didn't know about stealth) but I did make the eBay account in a random name/address.

Recently I tried to login for the first time in 6 years and I forgot the password. During the password reset process one of the questions I could choose was 'what other ebay account is this linked with ' I opted to go for this question and typed in my brothers ebay account username which it accepted.

Now, this is the thing. I want to start using this Eb account with stealth pp. But if the Eb or pp account screw up and become blocked/banned/limited.. Then will my brothers legit accounts? I've heard of stories where this happened but a simple email or call rectifies that problem(for the genuine account).

Thoughts please?

It really depends on the strength of the link between the accounts, your brother's legit account my also go down and if the link between the accounts is strong, they won't be able to reinstate it again.

burke 08-24-2015 01:16 AM

make new accounts all together and start clean

RosieTosie 08-24-2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4G3D (Post 697644)

Thoughts please?

If anything happens to your accounts, or your brothers, like suspension, the same thing will likely happen to the accounts linked to it, you should have said your account was not linked to any others.

Create new accounts with completely fresh details and never say they are linked to any others. By reading around this forum you will get ideas on how to do that and also on how easy it is to link accounts and to get them suspended.