eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Pay ebay fees with paypal = INSTANT BAN? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/88957-pay-ebay-fees-paypal-instant-ban.html)

swbluto 08-31-2015 04:09 PM

Pay ebay fees with paypal = INSTANT BAN?

So I've read that paying ebay fees with paypal can lead to instant limitation according to the sticky above. Is this true? It seems weird that'd be the case since it seems like a "standard way" to pay fees and it'd seem like paypal already knows all that ebay knows regardless if you pay their fees with paypal or not.

Dmshark25 08-31-2015 04:20 PM

Re: Pay ebay fees with paypal = INSTANT BAN?

Not true, I been using paypal to pay eBay fees for years now on many accounts and never an issue

Callidus 08-31-2015 04:22 PM

No this is how the majority of users pay their eBay fees. It is simple to link your PayPal as the reimbursement method.

Others prefer to use one time payment methods, virtual cards or gift cards as they go.

muzzie 08-31-2015 04:26 PM

Not at all. Do payments 50 / 50, PP / CC. Not a single issue. I suppose it can happen only of you decide to pay fees with some third-party PP.

swbluto 08-31-2015 05:01 PM

Thanks, yeah, this must've been an issue back in 2008 when a few people had different info on the paypal and ebay accounts.

slapped 08-31-2015 05:58 PM

I was NEVER an issue, you have ALWAYS been able to pay your Ebay fees with Paypal,,,,UNLESS you are using a Paypal account that was linked to another Ebay account, in that case of course BOTH accounts will get Banned,,,,,,,and you should be banned not only from Ebay,,,,but from this FORUM as well if that is what you did,,,

jeffweico 08-31-2015 06:03 PM

I don't think the problem was paying eBay fees with PayPal - the problem (if memory serves) would be if there was not enough money in your account and PayPal initiated a withdrawal to your bank account - because then they would see the name on the bank account. You should always leave enough in your PayPal account to cover your eBay fees and any potential refunds.

slapped 08-31-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 700268)
I don't think the problem was paying eBay fees with PayPal - the problem (if memory serves) would be if there was not enough money in your account and PayPal initiated a withdrawal to your bank account - because then they would see the name on the bank account. You should always leave enough in your PayPal account to cover your eBay fees and any potential refunds.

In this case,,,YES,,,,by allowing a stealth PayPal to withdraw money from a real bank account to cover Ebay fees does indeed pose risks as mentioned by Jeff

swbluto 08-31-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 700268)

So if paypal initiates the withdrawal, they can see the name on the account? Hmmm. Does paypal also get to see the name on the account after withdrawing the microdeposits during bank account verification? I'm not worried, as I believe I have that contingency covered, but I'm curious for those who might not.

Shekibi 08-31-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swbluto (Post 700236)
So I've read that paying ebay fees with paypal can lead to instant limitation according to the sticky above. Is this true? It seems weird that'd be the case since it seems like a "standard way" to pay fees and it'd seem like paypal already knows all that ebay knows regardless if you pay their fees with paypal or not.

I have been paying my eBay fees using paypal for 3 years and I have been limited but not sure if it is because of paying fees using paypal. You can use a vcc to make payments though, try entropay.

R3X 08-31-2015 10:22 PM

Just make sure you have enough balance to cover the fees, as mismatch names on a bank will get you limited.

access0ner 09-03-2015 06:56 AM

Entropy seems the sure way to pay ebay fees since you can't reload a vsnilla visa.

You can reload an entropay vcc, no?

access0ner 09-03-2015 07:05 AM

Scratch that just did a search and figured it out that yes you can.

joesshooze 09-03-2015 02:10 PM

It's the only way I have ever paid them in 5 years without problems.

topadog 09-12-2015 12:45 AM

I been using paypal to pay eBay fees for years now on many accounts and never an issue

meriscope 09-14-2015 03:37 PM

Same here, never has an issue

nnah 09-16-2015 12:24 AM

No I think it is when you don't pay the fees they will start closing your account.