eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   With Changes, Best way to post? 3,5,7,10 day? Drop Featured? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/8898-changes-best-way-post-3-5-7-10-day-drop-featured.html)

newguy121 12-31-2008 11:53 AM

With Changes, Best way to post? 3,5,7,10 day? Drop Featured?

So...I used to use the old 3 day then revise to another 5 day before they changed it. Now I use 7 day exclusivly with some featured plus. NOW, they changed the featured plus to have no meaning with the new featured featured 24.00 option. From what I read, that option is worthless because your item only has the "chance" to find the first page.

With featured, I used to be on the front page. But now, featured doesnt put me anywhere near the front page and I have 100% feedback and a powerseller with raised search.

What are we doing about this...well. Not sure yet. I was thinking about going with a new strategy of listing everything at 3 days and autorelist. The way I think about it, 3 days at 1.00$ a list, for 9 days it only costs me 3.00$. Now I do lose some time with the listing showing up in search, but I think that looks like the most effective plan to get my listings on page one.

What do you guys do?

planes 01-02-2009 10:45 PM

Thats terrible. You would think that if you paid for the service you would get it.

whatadoll 01-07-2009 12:28 PM

Yeah, the search revision killed me too.
Back when ending soonest was the default search display I had all my listings on a continous 10 day loop starting on Thurs. and ending Sunday. I would have two loops running simultaneously so I ALWAYS had listing on the first page. I was a Platinum powerseller and I made a killing this way. Ahhh, Those were the days...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I am not sure what the strategy is now to keep listing in the front page. Anyone have any good strategies? DSRs are a nightmare!!

whatadoll 01-07-2009 03:33 PM

Are you trying to get your listings on the front page of the default "best match" search results? If so then listing end time has nothing to do with it.
Ebay has some formula of selling history, DSR rating and God knows what else to determine best match listing order.

To get on first page with best match you should reuse the same listings over and over. When an items sells, to relist use the relist button. Even if its a totally different item. Just edit the description. Items with previous sales history rate higher. Also watch your DSRs carefully they very are important in placement.

I noticed an immediate drop in sales when ebay switched the search default to best match from ending soonest. My DSRs weren't great. I assumed that most buyers would simply switch back to displaying ending soonest items first, but I was wrong.

Although buyers can always switch to ending soonest, you would be surprised at how many people dont' bother and just buy whatever show up first.