eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Could I have a friend post listings through inkFrog, without full access to eBay acc? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/89085-could-i-have-friend-post-listings-through-inkfrog-without-full-access-ebay-acc.html)

mcmx 09-04-2015 01:07 AM

Could I have a friend post listings through inkFrog, without full access to eBay acc?

I don't have an inkFrog account yet. However, I'm wondering if I could have someone else in the US log into the inkFrog account and post listings from my eBay account, if I gave them the inkfrog username & password.

They wouldn't be capable of accessin any important info related to the eBay account (changing password, email, username ,etc.) right? Just listing management?

mcmx 09-04-2015 11:34 AM

Re: Could I have a friend post listings through inkFrog, without full access to eBay

:pop2: :pop2: :pop2:

ebayerOG 09-04-2015 12:06 PM

Re: Could I have a friend post listings through inkFrog, without full access to eBay

I've wondered this too, as listings get generated by a server rather than a device, so the whole operation is done through an API token

I think you are correct. Tokens last for 12 months and only require that initial login.

im also wondering about the IP handling… as it seems IPs go out the window with API management.

plumsake2 09-04-2015 04:14 PM

Yes that would work. They can't change anything on eBay that you mentioned; they would have the power to do anything with your eBay listings however.

After you've generated the token using your normal setup which you access your eBay account with, you can then use any IP address to log in to Inkfrog and manage your listings.

meriscope 09-04-2015 04:31 PM

I have used Inkfrog for 3 years. It works, and there was no IP or other problems when token is active. However, one limitation is that when someone open a case, you have to log into your ebay and solve it.

mcmx 09-04-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 701809)
After you've generated the token using your normal setup which you access your eBay account with, you can then use any IP address to log in to Inkfrog and manage your listings.

Is a token generated once I attach/connect/authorize inkFrog to be set up with my eBay account?

Sorry I'm not quite sure what it means

plumsake2 09-04-2015 08:04 PM

Yes, that's correct.

After you sign up for an Inkfrog account, you'll be asked to sign in to eBay so that you can grant permission for Inkfrog to use your eBay account on your behalf (this is what generating a token basically is). So, just make sure you're using the appropriate user account + IP that you typically use with your stealth account since you'll be logging in to eBay shortly.

Afterwards you can use any IP and user account since you'll be logging into Inkfrog directly, and not to eBay.