eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay now makes you have 3 security questions? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/89218-ebay-now-makes-you-have-3-security-questions.html)

vogeltron 09-09-2015 05:18 AM

eBay now makes you have 3 security questions?

I know others have talked about this. I would say maybe for two or three months I have these pop up randomly. I use to be able to click the will deal with later link. Today, I had one were I couldn't proceed on a long standing stealth account until I choose 3 security questions and answers. Obviously had to be creative and add some to my stealth notebook.

Was just curious if anyone has seen this & they have been now forced to have to create the questions.

just_smile 09-09-2015 05:35 AM

Re: eBay now makes you have 3 security questions?

I have been 'forced' to choose 3 answers on some accounts.

I think it depends on how many times you click 'remind me later' before it forces you to choose.

Eirher that or a time limit from when they first appear.

muzzie 09-09-2015 06:42 AM

Same here. Forces to enter them after a certain number of "remind me later" clicks.

slokor 09-09-2015 06:45 AM

Yep. Happened to me on a couple of accounts recently as well.

thready 09-09-2015 08:02 AM

I have too many accounts to be updating every single account

Simple solution.

First, Login
When page appears and you cant click remind me later
Simply open another ebay link. Perhaps the link to your selling summary page or your sold history page.
This worked for me.

I have a button link to each ebay page in my bookmarks bar and when i get that message i just open any other ebay page and bypass that page.

slokor 09-09-2015 08:42 AM

Eventually you wont be allowed to do this anymore and youll be pushed to this page no matter what other linked you attempt to use to bypass it. Thats the point being made here.

Haidukken 09-09-2015 08:53 AM

yeah, been happening for a while now... Month, maybe even two?

brotip: choose two of them exactly the same as the to you have in PP and third one just come up with something new. Easier to remember, easier to sort it.

james13v 09-09-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 703169)
Eventually you wont be allowed to do this anymore and youll be pushed to this page no matter what other linked you attempt to use to bypass it. Thats the point being made here.

That's the incorrect point being made here tho. It doesn't give you the remind me later button after a month or so, but all you have to do is refresh the page. Takes just as long and as many steps as pressing the remind me later button.

The question is, can they link you based on these questions.

Shekibi 09-09-2015 02:25 PM

Ebay will never really 'force' you into it but there is no reason why a user shouldn't choose the 3 security questions. You will have the 'remind me later' option for a couple of months, then it will disappear but you can go to the main eBay site (www.eBay.com) and use your account without choosing the security questions, which I don't recomended.

easy.bake.oven 09-09-2015 03:52 PM

If you get forced, just click the ebay logo and you dont have to enter 3 sec questions, same as remind me later sort of.

thready 09-09-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 703169)

I login everyday and have yet to experience ebay forcing me to input security answer before i can proceed. The page i get on each of my accounts nowadays no longer has the remind me later link at the bottom where i use to just click that to bypass. Thats the furthest i seen ebay go as in trying to trick me into inputting security details when they dont provide the link. My work around is to to open another ebay page link has worked everytime so far.

yankee 09-09-2015 04:39 PM

Backspace is your friend.

meriscope 09-09-2015 04:51 PM

A quick question here: why not just select three questions and answer them?

NY91 09-09-2015 04:52 PM

I just simply made some answers up and made a note of these? I guess if you have lots of accounts this may be an issue but I certainly aren't using real information, just generic answers.

thready 09-09-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meriscope (Post 703292)

See ny91's guess.

Dmshark25 09-09-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meriscope (Post 703292)

Yea there is no issue, eBay is just asking for an extra layer of security and asking for both the questions and answers

So everything is new, just write the question and answers down so if your are prompted just the questions in the future you know the right answers

There is nothin to be concerned about here

thready 09-09-2015 05:09 PM

Hi dm! Nice seeing you still helping the members. Everytime i go away for half a year and come back your helping. You probably got it good, but I hope you get even better things coming your way for all that you have given.

Sorry for being off topic. Just wanted to say hi.

dallis 09-09-2015 05:38 PM

Eventually they won't let you go around it any more.

I always choose something like "elementary school' and make my answer something random
like '131st st' just be sure to log it into your notes for that account. :)

easy.bake.oven 09-10-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 703315)
Eventually they won't let you go around it any more.

How do you know that? You have insider knowledge?

No pics = no proof :) ha :p

sax4 09-10-2015 03:00 AM

I had this on all my accounts. I wonder how many people write Ferrari for first car :)

colfor 09-10-2015 04:55 AM

Its not difficult, just make em up and make a note :-)

sax4 09-10-2015 09:22 AM

Of course you make them up, nobody is going to use the same answers for all 100 of their stealth accounts