MC209 eBay account update - Action needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Question MC209 eBay account update - Action needed

Hello xxxx,

We noticed that you haven't signed in to your eBay account for quite some time, and we'd like to invite you back to buy and sell again. eBay's a great place to buy what you want, and sell what you have.

Unfortunately, since you haven't used your eBay account for a while, it will be deleted if you don't sign in within 30 days from the day this email was sent.

If you are not the account owner or the email address is no longer associated with this eBay account you do not need to contact us. We will delete this account in 30 days.

We've got some new information to help you get started again. Just visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/gettingstarted.html

You can learn more about getting your questions answered, participating in discussion boards, and joining or starting a group. To find out more about getting help from our community resources, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/community-help.html

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as part of the eBay community

Thanks, eBay

-----------------------------

Is ebay deleting accounts? Last time I logged in was 2 years ago, but I thought they deleted accounts 10 years old.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: MC209 eBay account update - Action needed

From reading around these forums, any ebay accounts not logged into for some time gets deleted.

Once I didnt log into an account for over a year and it was still there, and I didnt receive this kind of message.

If you havent logged into that account in over 2 years, then you just answered your own question, yes they do delete inactive accounts.

Time frame of deleting inactive accounts, I dont know.
Old 10-02-2015

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
From reading around these forums, any ebay accounts not logged into for some time gets deleted.

Once I didnt log into an account for over a year and it was still there, and I didnt receive this kind of message.

If you havent logged into that account in over 2 years, then you just answered your own question, yes they do delete inactive accounts.

Time frame of deleting inactive accounts, I dont know.
Hi I also have a MC209 the stealth accounts been unused for over year.

I was using a VPS which is no longer active so I have a question Account is in USA but what If I just login from say Europe (ip will be europe) and do some browsing no buy/sell will that raise any eyebrows or what?

Thanks

Last edited by rio382; 10-02-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

From Europe? Yes. I would get a US IP address, preferably one in the same vicinity as your stealth account.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rio382 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015

well its been 1.5 months and Ive not logged in since receiving the MC notice.

Question is, a month and a bit has passed so has it been deleted or is there a recovery process that puts you through extra hoops to get reinstated after the 30 days notice expiry?
Old 11-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Only way is to log in and find out - stealth rules apply.
Old 11-14-2015

well problem is I cant use Greek banks to pay for VPS and cant use any stealth PP to open a VPS account, and the latest bummer is my UK bank froze my acc's untill I return and walk in with proof of ID and Address because my mail was returned as emigrated by a new dumb nosy porter
Old 11-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
Hello xxxx,

We noticed that you haven't signed in to your eBay account for quite some time, and we'd like to invite you back to buy and sell again. eBay's a great place to buy what you want, and sell what you have.

Unfortunately, since you haven't used your eBay account for a while, it will be deleted if you don't sign in within 30 days from the day this email was sent.

If you are not the account owner or the email address is no longer associated with this eBay account you do not need to contact us. We will delete this account in 30 days.

We've got some new information to help you get started again. Just visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/gettingstarted.html

You can learn more about getting your questions answered, participating in discussion boards, and joining or starting a group. To find out more about getting help from our community resources, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/community-help.html

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as part of the eBay community

Thanks, eBay

-----------------------------

Is ebay deleting accounts? Last time I logged in was 2 years ago, but I thought they deleted accounts 10 years old.
just wondered if you managed to log in ok within 30 days?