Questions on "Buy it Now" listings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Questions on "Buy it Now" listings

I am currently selling certain products auction style only and not really reaching high sales numbers per month.

I was wondering if I should switch to "buy it now" listings instead to help improve my sales numbers. With "buy it now" I can set a listing with 10-20 items and have them all available at the same time for purchase.

With auction style I have to wait several days for the final sale to occur and it seems like it can be a very slow process unless I can auction off 10-20 items at the same time but I'm concerned that it would raise a red flag with eBay if I had so many of the same item being auctioned at the same time?

The accounts are older than 7 months and I have been selling steadily for the past 90 days.

Does it matter whether you use auction style or buy it now? Should I have a mix of buy it now and auction style listings?

Does the item you're selling make a difference?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2015

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Questions on "Buy it Now" listings

I used to run everything auction-based but I switched to buy it now about a year ago. I like it better myself- they seem to get more traffic to them but I don't know if that's fact or just my perception. I have heard that buy it now's are riskier for new accounts but in my personal experience I have not seen that to be the case... In my opinion what makes your account risky in terms of selling or listing items is WHAT ITEMS YOU LIST/SELL... not the format.
Old 10-03-2015
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

Buy it now is WAY more risky than auction, i listed a couple designer brands on BIN, then got taken down, then listed them auction and all of them got sold, if you need them to be at the price you want then get another ebay account and bump up the price.
Old 10-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
Buy it now is WAY more risky than auction, i listed a couple designer brands on BIN, then got taken down, then listed them auction and all of them got sold, if you need them to be at the price you want then get another ebay account and bump up the price.
So they allowed you to list them auction style but not buy it now? Was that in the same account or different accounts?

Did you try the auction style in the same account that the "buy it now" was taken down?

Maybe the rules are different in the UK vs. US?
Old 10-05-2015

Longevity: 49%

AUCTION STYLE for new accounts unless you stay under 75 dollars and NO NO NO ELECTRONICS.

Also: BID UP YOUR OWN AUCTIONS. Same as seller accounts, you should have around 5 buyer accounts to put your auctions where they need to be. Just cancel if you get stuck with it. Dont keep using the same account. Switch em up if you find you are winning too many of your own auctions
Old 10-06-2015

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
AUCTION STYLE for new accounts unless you stay under 75 dollars and NO NO NO ELECTRONICS.

Also: BID UP YOUR OWN AUCTIONS. Same as seller accounts, you should have around 5 buyer accounts to put your auctions where they need to be. Just cancel if you get stuck with it. Dont keep using the same account. Switch em up if you find you are winning too many of your own auctions
Not a good idea at all! Do not bid up your own auctions
Old 10-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

This my friend is called shill bidding and is not recommended at all. eBay will see the same user names bidding on your accounts and you will get caught eventually.
Old 10-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

"AUCTION STYLE for new accounts unless you stay under 75 dollars and NO NO NO ELECTRONICS"

How long before an account is no longer considered "new" 30 days? 60? 90? 12 months?

At what point is an account considered aged or established?
Old 10-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Do not bid on your own items. I have no issue putting up BIN listing for first listings. However, you do not want to list anything too expensive starting out.
Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 57%

I only list BIN. I have not had any issues and my accounts are less than 6 months old.
Old 10-07-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

If other buyers see a pattern on your bidding, they might report you for shill bidding. Make sure you don't create a pattern.