eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay says i signed in from another computer when I didn't? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/89974-ebay-says-i-signed-another-computer-when-i-didnt.html)

Athletichunta 10-03-2015 06:35 PM

It then asked me verify my email. I clicked emAil and then instead it asked me a security question. I tried all my answers. (Forgot which answer goes to which question) however none of them worked . I remember i had 1 security question before ebay updated to 3. Does that mean there is 4? Hadnt tried that one i used way back when i made the a count. Have to wait 24 hours now.

On top of that i cant get into my gmail because gmail does not like proxies and has been asking me for a city i normally log in from, however none of the cities my ips are from let me log in aswel. Did ebay create a new security question to my email?. Why was email a choice?.

I have another option to verify by Phone and it gives me an option to add a new number. Is this safe?. Because I don't understand why anyone els couldn't just add their number to log in fully. I mean it may work. Should I try or wait the 24 hours to try my 4th security question?. I am not trying to prompt a "show me your papers" from ebay.

jeffweico 10-03-2015 07:47 PM

Re: Ebay says i signed in from another computer when I didn't?

Well, if you do not have the phone that your account was created on, then adding another number may be your only option. I would get a Tracfone, I wouldn't mess around with those $3 forwarding numbers.

I have created HUNDREDS of stealth accounts and I have never ONCE seen four security questions. I have had requests to update the security questions on accounts that were a couple of years old and never used. It asked to add 2 security questions to the one question that existed.

Athletichunta 10-03-2015 09:04 PM

Tried to enter a number and got the below. But they never contacted me once. Ebay makes no sense on every single front.

We've tried contacting you too many times, so you'll need to wait 24 hours before you try again.

Got this message when i hadnt and am now having issues verifying. Is it when you use another ip? When you clear history? I notced my internet was super slow around the time this happend. Im really up set.

JamesNorth101 10-03-2015 09:42 PM

Re: What is it that makes ebay think you signed in from another pc?

If you clear out cookies then yes they would think your signing in from a new PC

luverlyjuberly 10-04-2015 10:08 AM

it's happened to me three days in a row this week. Luckily I know the answer to the security question. The three times were with a me trying to update some listings - all Disney items - I did wonder if there was a link with eBay not liking branded items or if it was just chance.
Whats frustrating is that after I type in the code I can then update my listing but the photos disappear. I have to add them again.
I'd love to meet the guy that invented this security security question because you are on a different computer malarky - I'd punch him in the face.

Athletichunta 10-04-2015 02:10 PM

Well what's weird is I said verify by email and then it asked me a security question. What does ebay want an email or security question?.

Also i am gonna try to add a new number but will that even work after 24 hors?. I can't do email. I forgot I was locked out of my email.

Athletichunta 10-04-2015 05:25 PM

Will try again soon with phone

yankee 10-04-2015 06:31 PM

A recent thread about the security questions. Write them down in the future. I go the lazy route and click "backspace" when prompted to answer and then proceed as usual. When I have been forced to add them, I entered Blue for all answers AND made notes.