I got a VEVO e mail from Ebay, but I don't think it's from the real company - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default I got a VEVO e mail from Ebay, but I don't think it's from the real company

Hey everyone!

I am not sure if I am at the right place. First time poster. I bought about 10 facial cleaners from warehouse around my area. I posted them on Ebay, and a few hours later I get an email about VEVO and that the company that sells the cleaners said the item was counterfeit. In the e mail, it strongly suggested I contact the company and gave me the e mail address to do so.

I found it odd that the e mail address is something like facialcleaner@gmail.com. I know the company is small, but I found it odd they did not have their own address. Nevertheless, I sent an e mail to the gmail address asking what I needed to do to show it wasn't counterfeit. 7 days so far and no response.

I decided to go to the company's website to see if I could find out more. The company has an e mail address like support@facialcleaner.com. I sent an inquiry to that email address asking if the gmail address is legit, and being used properly to represent their company.

It is now my guess that facialcleaner@gmail.com is not a real address representing the company, but some competitor. I have never encountered anything like this before. What steps can I take from here on out, to convince Ebay that I can sell the item. And what is to prevent whoever the competitor is to report to ebay that is it counterfeit again?

Thanks in advance!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: I got a VEVO e mail from Ebay, but I don't think it's from the real company

Interesting situation.

Never had this happen to me before, but you're correct---it does seem the complaint was ⊗⊗⊗⊗d.

I would contact eBay with the info you posted here. Surely they know that real companies don't use gmail to file VERO complaints.
Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: I got a VEVO e mail from Ebay, but I don't think it's from the real company

Just to be clear.. The warehouse, How did you get the email in the beggining?
I mean, if on their website they have x email, and you got from them y mail.. who gave you that mail?
There is something missing in this puzzle.
Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzakJano View Post
Just to be clear.. The warehouse, How did you get the email in the beggining?
I mean, if on their website they have x email, and you got from them y mail.. who gave you that mail?
There is something missing in this puzzle.
When a VERO takedown occurs, eBay sends you the contact info of the complainant so that you can contact them directly regarding the alleged offense.
Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 59%

aaaa got it.
So if i understand, the "Originial" company via eBays understandment is the XX@Gmail.com
and the Supplier the thread opener is in touch with is XX@Facecrap.com

Hmmm interesting.
Old 11-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzakJano View Post
aaaa got it.
So if i understand, the "Originial" company via eBays understandment is the XX@Gmail.com
and the Supplier the thread opener is in touch with is XX@Facecrap.com

Hmmm interesting.
Yes, so the original VERO was not issued by the actual company.
Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 63%

Although the Vero process is worse in the UK, very interested to know how you got on! Please keep us posted!